So Shines a Good Deed In a Weary World. FSU football player noticed child sitting alone at lunch.

Theowl32

Diamond Member
Dec 8, 2013
Sports star Travis Rudolph joins autistic boy for lunch

The mother of an autistic child said she was moved to tears when a visiting American Football star joined her son, who was eating alone at school.

Travis Rudolph, a wide receiver for Florida State, was visiting a school in Tallahassee on Tuesday when he saw Bo Paske sitting by himself.

His mother, Leah, posted a photo to Facebook, where it quickly went viral.

She said that since that day her son had had no problem finding people to have lunch with him.

"This is one day I didn't have to worry if my sweet boy ate lunch alone," she said.

"He sat across from someone who is a hero in many eyes. Travis Rudolph thank you so much, you made this momma exceedingly happy, and have made us fans for life!"

_90991794_efd0338e-b6c9-4339-9ae7-06f64187e240.jpg

Sports star Travis Rudolph joins autistic boy for lunch - BBC News

Nice story. Good deed. The mother's reaction was just great.

: Bo Paske: "It was kinda like me sitting on a rainbow."

Last edited:
Sometimes it's the simplest little things that make the biggest difference.

It's a shame that human kindness like this stands out, rather than is so commonplace it doesn't stand out, in american society. Imagine the society we could build.

It's a shame that human kindness like this stands out, rather than is so commonplace it doesn't stand out, in american society. Imagine the society we could build.
It does, it just doesn't get reported.

I would even suggest that this site could have a good news section. There are many good deeds. Hardly ever reported.

The incessant bad news and cynicism has certainly turned us (especially me) into cynical assholes.

I would even suggest that this site could have a good news section. There are many good deeds. Hardly ever reported.

The incessant bad news and cynicism has certainly turned us (especially me) into cynical assholes.
Owl that is the best suggestion that I have read on this Forum since the day I joined it.

Who does the incessant bad news and cynicism pumped across the 6 major multinational corporation owned airways benefit, I wonder. All the division, misdirection, and obfuscation seeded into the masses that render an "exceptional" people who can only sneer at each other rather than stand together against the power structure cannibalizing their very existence and solve the problems plaguing all of us. Who does this situation, created intentionally benefit?

Forum List

Back