So Then, What Should We Do About Shootings?

Instead of getting rid of guns? I say that securing our schools and training and arming our teachers would be a start.
If a person goes into a store and robs the store at gun point, the hand holding the gun is cut off. If the shooter actually shoots someone his head is cut off. Bet crime would go down really fast. And no welfare to those who comit a crime, make the family pay for their living.

If a person goes into a store and robs the store at gun point, the hand holding the gun is cut off. If the shooter actually shoots someone his head is cut off. Bet crime would go down really fast. And no welfare to those who comit a crime, make the family pay for their living.
if the gun is used and not discharged you get 25 years and you serve every minute of it....no time off for good behavior bullshit,no early outs,you serve every dam minute of it.... if the gun is discharged more time and more time depending on how much damage you have caused......

Some solutions discussed in all the other shootings in the past were never implemented or only partially done. It comes down to priorities and budgets. We already have on-campus security. How effective Is it? Does it need improvement? I suggested online sometime back to make the doors in all classrooms and hallways able to be locked down from a central location. I hate to make the comparison but like they do in prisons. Add security staff on campus along with central lockdown and qualified mental health workers available on school grounds and in the community at large will go a long way to preventing these mass killings.

You know, I wasn't going to bring religion into this,.. but I think even Jesus Christ Himself would be saying right now get security into the school buildings and make sure the teachers are prepared and equipped to protect their children that they teach. After all He said something about grabbing swords so I'm pretty sure in today's day and age He would be for guns if they would be used by law abiding citizens.

Instead of getting rid of guns? I say that securing our schools and training and arming our teachers would be a start.

All solutions are things the Republicans don't like because they COST MONEY.

We have to face the causations.
Everyone of these mass murderers are psychopaths. Every. single. one.
Psychopaths account for only .6% of the population. But commit 15% of all homicides.
Having said that, only 1 in 200 psychopaths harm anyone. The problem is they are overwhelmingly more likely to become violent than a normative person if they have undo stress and/or anger.
What is triggering this new phenomena of teenage psychopaths deciding to go on on rampages??
And it isn't just mass murder. Every single type of violent crime in America is spiking. All of them. Why is that?
Why is teen suicide in the past five years spiking? And yet no one is really talking about this.
Why? Because there is nothing to gain politically from talking about it.

You know, I wasn't going to bring religion into this,.. but I think even Jesus Christ Himself would be saying right now get security into the school buildings and make sure the teachers are prepared and equipped to protect their children that they teach. After all He said something about grabbing swords so I'm pretty sure in today's day and age He would be for guns if they would be used by law abiding citizens.
Getting Jesus back into people's lives is important and will go a long way in stopping people from heading down the road to mass killings another violence but our religious community needs a good dose of castor oil and a return to the fundamentals of Christian teachings before they will become effective in a positive way in our communities. And I say that as a born-again Christian and Independent, missionary fundamental baptist.

Getting Jesus back into people's lives is important and will go a long way in stopping people from heading down the road to mass killings another violence but our religious community needs a good dose of castor oil and a return to the fundamentals of Christian teachings before they will become effective in a positive way in our communities. And I say that as a born-again Christian and Independent, missionary fundamental baptist.
Guns must be terribly important to you.

All solutions are things the Republicans don't like because they COST MONEY.

Yet Biden thought it was more important to send 40 BILLION to Ukraine that is losing the war while ignoring security and demographics of school and public mass killings where far less money than 40 BILLION is needed to improve school security all over the country.

How can you explain that?

Yet Biden thought it was more important to send 40 BILLION to Ukraine that is losing the war while ignoring security and demographics of school and public mass killings where far less money than 40 BILLION is needed to improve school security all over the country.

With all due respect how can anybody explain Biden's logic?

Look at US foreign aid recipients .

Getting Jesus back into people's lives is important and will go a long way in stopping people from heading down the road to mass killings another violence

Historically not the case ...

crusades.jpg

That's the church not the message of Jesus Christ. At times in history, there has been a big difference between the two. :)

Every time "the church" was not countered by other, more powerful political entities there were periods of violent religious oppression.

I don't have any problem with people becoming more religious. But, it doesn't have to be one particular religion.

A local school district in my area....

--Two doors to get into the school, one to get into the lobby, the other doors get you into the office, and the rest of the building.......both need to be buzzed in by office.

--doors are locked, the main front and rear entrance have cameras so the office can see who rings the door bell for entrance...all other doors are card key swipes

you know how you have firealarm pull stations? Where you lift the plastic cover and pull the lever to set off the fire alarm...they are red?

The local school district now has Blue Police Call pull stations...... lift the cover and pull the lever and the alarm goes directly to the police department, bypassing the 911 call center, which rolls police from the entire town and whoever is at the station to go directly to the school......this cuts response time down due to 911 lag......it is a great innovation.....the office also has a button they can push that alerts the police....

Forum List

Back