So what, 2% to 4% of the population is gay right? Then WHY are a disproportionate amount of ......

The threads here about gays?

Why do you on the right elevate this discussion by continually bringing it up (yes I get the irony)

And why do you on the left keep bringing it up?

I know a couple gay/bi people (one very well) and when I ask they say that this issue being so prevalent in the public is uncalled for.

It is a losing topic for the right. Gay marriage is coming like it or not. It also is a put off for many when the left won't stop talking about it.
Because the unwarranted hatred you and most others on the right exhibit toward gay Americans is truly bizarre; and when any American is denied his civil rights – regardless his make up of the overall population – the American people are justifiably offended by that unwarranted hate.

And if you're tired of hearing about it, the solution is very simple: stop seeking to discriminate against gay Americans, stop seeking to deny them their civil rights.

Oh boo hoo. America is one of the best countries on the planet to be gay or a minority of any kind.

The whining is becoming seriously over the top.

Why do you on the right elevate this discussion by continually bringing it up (yes I get the irony)

I know a couple gay/bi people (one very well) and when I ask they say that this issue being so prevalent in the public is uncalled for.

It is a losing topic for the right. Gay marriage is coming like it or not. It also is a put off for many when the left won't stop talking about it.
Because the unwarranted hatred you and most others on the right exhibit toward gay Americans is truly bizarre; and when any American is denied his civil rights – regardless his make up of the overall population – the American people are justifiably offended by that unwarranted hate.

And if you're tired of hearing about it, the solution is very simple: stop seeking to discriminate against gay Americans, stop seeking to deny them their civil rights.
Or stop starting gay threads or posting on gay threads to complain about gay threads. :D
They just can't stop watching...

It's to be expected when we are inundated by the gaystapo on a daily basis. Not a week goes by where these fucking people that just want to be treated like everyone else are in the news making sure the entire world knows they want to be treated special. If you don't make them a cake, a flower arrangement or a fucking pizza for their wedding they get all upset. We don't want to be part of your wedding, go somewhere else for a fucking cake. If the gays would stop being dicks we would be fine with leaving them alone. Doesn't seem to be their mission though.
The cake issue broke state law, so they had no choice to prosecute - even if they thought the resulting decision was heavy-handed. So blaming gays for a law they didn't pass, is a bit extreme.

As for the flowers and the pizza issue, those were two situations where there was actually no state law in place that was broken. In those cases LGBT groups encouraged a boycott.
No choice, no other option was to be had. No way they could find another baker to make the cake they absolutely had no choice but to sue the one person that didn't want to do it. The gays did pass that law. Without any regard for those it would effect. As a matter of fact they got that law and then promptly used against people they don't like not because they had no choice but because that's why they wanted the law in the first place. This is what they wanted and now your upset you're getting backlash? This is the battle they wanted. Not to be left alone to be like everyone else but to use the law as a hammer against those they don't like. It's the most vile use of the legal system I have ever seen. And you cheer for it.

It's to be expected when we are inundated by the gaystapo on a daily basis. Not a week goes by where these fucking people that just want to be treated like everyone else are in the news making sure the entire world knows they want to be treated special. If you don't make them a cake, a flower arrangement or a fucking pizza for their wedding they get all upset. We don't want to be part of your wedding, go somewhere else for a fucking cake. If the gays would stop being dicks we would be fine with leaving them alone. Doesn't seem to be their mission though.
The cake issue broke state law, so they had no choice to prosecute - even if they thought the resulting decision was heavy-handed. So blaming gays for a law they didn't pass, is a bit extreme.

As for the flowers and the pizza issue, those were two situations where there was actually no state law in place that was broken. In those cases LGBT groups encouraged a boycott.
No choice, no other option was to be had. No way they could find another baker to make the cake they absolutely had no choice but to sue the one person that didn't want to do it. The gays did pass that law. Without any regard for those it would effect. As a matter of fact they got that law and then promptly used against people they don't like not because they had no choice but because that's why they wanted the law in the first place. This is what they wanted and now your upset you're getting backlash? This is the battle they wanted. Not to be left alone to be like everyone else but to use the law as a hammer against those they don't like. It's the most vile use of the legal system I have ever seen. And you cheer for it.
I don't cheer for anything. You advocate government, and the machine that drives it, when you endorse state sanctioned marriage of any kind.

Or stop starting gay threads or posting on gay threads to complain about gay threads. :D
They just can't stop watching...
Decided to change my avatar to suit the content of the forum right now.

Marriage is the Joining of One Man and One Woman.

I don't cheer for anything. You advocate government, and the machine that drives it, when you endorse state sanctioned marriage of any kind.
Yet you promote the government via laws to punish those that don't want to be involved in this marriage. Make up your fucking mind here.

Pot
Meet
Ketttle

Yet you promote the government via laws to punish those that don't want to be involved in this marriage. Make up your fucking mind here.
No I don't. When you can actually find something I have voted for that does all that, let me know. Till then, lots of hot air.

No I don't. When you can actually find something I have voted for that does all that, let me know. Till then, lots of hot air.
You said they had no other option than to prosecute the baker that wouldn't make their cake. You obviously support that law since you brought it up as a reasonable course of action. Do you mind stating exactly what you do think should be fair or is that too much to ask at this point?

You said they had no other option than to prosecute the baker that wouldn't make their cake. You obviously support that law since you brought it up as a reasonable course of action. Do you mind stating exactly what you do think should be fair or is that too much to ask at this point?
It was the law, just as certain drugs being illegal is the law, or FDA regulations are the law. Unless you are suggesting that state governments don't enforce the laws on the books?

In which case, the state would have had legal challenges and be legally bound to enforce the law.

Stating the legal obligations of a state to enforce a law, is not advocacy of a law. On the same basis, if the law was the reverse and it prohibited lawsuits, then again the state would be legally obligated to enforce the law.

Oh boo hoo. America is one of the best countries on the planet to be gay or a minority of any kind.

The whining is becoming seriously over the top.
You mean by the OP, correct.

I assume you like guns....let me offer you this scenerio.

You live in a state with an open carry law...you are allowed to open carry pretty much everywhere. You're not flamboyant about it, but you cherish your right to open carry. You walk into a store (where open carry is totally legal) and they say, "I'm sorry, but we don't serve people carrying guns openly. Our belief system just won't let us serve you."

So...no way you can find another business to serve you? Or are you going to actually try to stand for your legal rights and file a complaint?

Marriage is the Joining of One Man and One Woman.
You keep that up. Some day you might actually, deep down in your soul, believe that.

It was the law, just as certain drugs being illegal is the law, or FDA regulations are the law. Unless you are suggesting that state governments don't enforce the laws on the books?

In which case, the state would have had legal challenges and be legally bound to enforce the law.

Stating the legal obligations of a state to enforce a law, is not advocacy of a law. On the same basis, if the law was the reverse and it prohibited lawsuits, then again the state would be legally obligated to enforce the law.
Ok then how does that law translate to making someone provide you the drugs or get prosecuted?

You live in a state with an open carry law...you are allowed to open carry pretty much everywhere. You're not flamboyant about it, but you cherish your right to open carry. You walk into a store (where open carry is totally legal) and they say, "I'm sorry, but we don't serve people carrying guns openly. Our belief system just won't let us serve you."

So...no way you can find another business to serve you? Or are you going to actually try to stand for your legal rights and file a complaint?
No, I would just move on I don't need to deal with this kind of people. And I would sure as hell tell everyone I know about them as well. I wouldn't sue them what does that gain me?

No, I would just move on I don't need to deal with this kind of people. And I would sure as hell tell everyone I know about them as well. I wouldn't sue them what does that gain me?
Just like open carry people have been "moving on" with Starbucks?

Bod your scenario isn't the same. Here's why and I read and listened to many legal opinions on the RFRA bills especially since the Supremes have opened the door with their ruling on Hobby Lobby stipulating that RFRA signed in 1993 expands to include "closely held for profits".

First and foremost, if a gay person or a gay couple goes to the baker and orders and coffee and a couple of donuts under no circumstances can that baker refuse service.

Here's the difference with the RFRA under the new SCOTUS ruling.

If the Christian or Muslim or <fill in the blank> baker whose religion forbids gay marriage bakes the wedding cake for the gay couple, by their religion they are participating in a sin.

That's what makes it a "no can do" for a believer.

Last edited:

Bod your scenario isn't the same. Here's why and I read and listened to many legal opinions on the RFRA bills especially since the Supremes have opened the door with their ruling on Hobby Lobby stipulating that RFRA signed in 1993 expands to include "closely held for profits".

First and foremost, if a gay person or a gay couple goes to the baker and orders and coffee and a couple of donuts under no circumstances can that baker refuse service.

Here's the difference with the RFRA under the new SCOTUS ruling.

If the Christian or Muslim or <fill in the blank> baker whose religion forbids gay marriage bakes the wedding cake for the gay couple, by their religion they are participating in a sin.

That's what makes it a "no can do".
So...where is it in their holy book that one cannot serve cake at a wedding?

You're starting another gay thread, I see.
That is god damn observant of you. Are all dykes as smart as you?

Forum List

Back