So What Happens If One Chooses Not To Wear One?

And if you don't wear one, you will be viewed as homophobic.

This is what I and others were commenting yesterday, this is why we're against people having to wear a badge, we know what'll happen to those who choose not to "homophobe", "bigot" probably they'll even lose their jobs.
Bigot is bigoted. It's pretty obvious that people who don't understand transgender don't want them to be visible or to have supportive teachers.

It's also bigoted to force into acceptance views on those who disagree....that's WHAT a bigot IS, someone who's intolerant of opposing views.

This is what I and others were commenting yesterday, this is why we're against people having to wear a badge, we know what'll happen to those who choose not to "homophobe", "bigot" probably they'll even lose their jobs.
Bigot is bigoted. It's pretty obvious that people who don't understand transgender don't want them to be visible or to have supportive teachers.
Who said they don't want them to be visible? You really need to stop inventing things that haven't been said.

Well I sincerely hope he doesn't regret if further down the line, because a lot of people do.
I sincerely hope you learn to trust people who are actually dealing skillfully with this issue instead of reading RW rags that are biased.
If they were being treated 'skilfully' or even appropriately, why do so many remain depressed and suicidal afterwards? Why do so many regret their treatment choices?
I cannot talk to you anymore about this. We are DONE. I'm putting you on ignore. End of friendship.

Why? Dhara you're supposed to be tolerant of opposing issues and now you're putting Tilly on ignore for not agreeing with you?
Tilly is really hurting my feelings deliberately. I'm putting her on ignore for that reason.

I'll ask her....Tilly are you deliberately hurting Dhara's feelings?

I sincerely hope you learn to trust people who are actually dealing skillfully with this issue instead of reading RW rags that are biased.
If they were being treated 'skilfully' or even appropriately, why do so many remain depressed and suicidal afterwards? Why do so many regret their treatment choices?
I cannot talk to you anymore about this. We are DONE. I'm putting you on ignore. End of friendship.

Why? Dhara you're supposed to be tolerant of opposing issues and now you're putting Tilly on ignore for not agreeing with you?
Tilly is really hurting my feelings deliberately. I'm putting her on ignore for that reason.

I'll ask her....Tilly are you deliberately hurting Dhara's feelings?
Of course not, I just don't share her views. And who's been throwing around all the insults?

Last edited:
Well I sincerely hope he doesn't regret if further down the line, because a lot of people do.

As you now have Tilly on ignore....she says she's not deliberately hurting your feelings, she just has a different point of view, which of course she's allowed to have.

As you now have Tilly on ignore....she says she's not deliberately hurting your feelings, she just has a different point of view, which of course she's allowed to have.

It's also bigoted to force into acceptance views on those who disagree....that's WHAT a bigot IS, someone who's intolerant of opposing views.
You just called me a bigot, didn't you? I should accept bigoted views of LGBT, right Lucy?

Here's how we are different, you and I, you and Tilly. If the situation were reversed I would cop to my bias and try and learn HOW i was being hurtful to someone else in order to not trash the friendship.

Tilly,

I have a transgender son. My father was gay and committed suicide mostly, because he did not accept himself as a gay man. I'm an openly, gay lesbian raising four adopted children. Lucky for my son, he got me and not you as a parent.

I am there for him and I support him. I don't tell him he's wrong, and I don't put my agenda on him. I want him to grow in love and acceptance.
You don't want to be giving them "ammunition"....just sayin'

We don[t see eye to eye on this. YOU don't have LGBT in your family. I do. Three generations.
Three generations of people who aren't men and aren't women.
WOW! That's some fucked up gene pool.
It's a good thing your gene pool is minute compared to the rest of the population right.
Otherwise there wouldn't be a 'fourth' generation. LOL LO!
^ See?

Here's how we are different, you and I, you and Tilly. If the situation were reversed I would cop to my bias and try and learn HOW i was being hurtful to someone else in order to not trash the friendship.
I have many friends and family with whom I disagree. We don't call each other names and fall out. We respect the fact that we have differing views. Real friends don't have to agree on everything.

I remember my Hispanic friend and my Jewish friend calling me out on my ignorance. I accepted it, and our friendship deepened.

Not so, with Lucy and Tilly. Keep your ignorance and lose friends in the process.

You just called me a bigot, didn't you? I should accept bigoted views of LGBT, right Lucy?

I mean, the manner in which you're wording your responses is very intolerant....you've almost gone off the deep end and I think it's disturbing to read.

You then start saying you're making these responses because YOU'RE A FIERCE MAMA, in capitals you added.

I have children and if anyone went anywhere near them I'd floor them and if anything my connection to my children is more intense, I carried them and gave birth to them, they're from me.

So you commenting YOU'RE A FIERCE MAMA to justify telling people that IF they don't endorse this badge thing that makes them bigots, I think is somewhat hysterical.

I would not have chosen to parent a child with this transgender issue, because it requires so much wisdom and love. And because ignorant people would say my child ONLY chose this path because he was adopted bylesbian parents.
Haven't you left yet?
You said you were going right?
Or is your word no good?
You come here and expect people to agree with your life choices. When some don't you promise to leave.
So LEAVE already!

Not so, with Lucy and Tilly. Keep your ignorance and lose friends in the process.

Neither Tilly nor I are "ignorant" and it's absurd you take this attitude Dhara, none of us can agree on EVERY issue, we have to be emotionally mature enough to realise that we do disagree about certain things and try and keep respect for that....that's what people refer to as tolerance.

Forum List

Back