So What Happens If One Chooses Not To Wear One?

Tilly,

I have a transgender son. My father was gay and committed suicide mostly, because he did not accept himself as a gay man. I'm an openly, gay lesbian raising four adopted children. Lucky for my son, he got me and not you as a parent.

I am there for him and I support him. I don't tell him he's wrong, and I don't put my agenda on him. I want him to grow in love and acceptance.

You are so ignorant and hurtful on this issue, Tilly. It deeply saddens me. You don't understand what these kids go through, and worse, you don't even want to learn.

It deeply saddens me that you and Tilly are in this situation in this thread....please both of you just agree to disagree.
We disgree on this topic, whole heartedly. I'd like to help Tilly understand this issue better, but she is FIXED in her view.

This isn't the only issue on the planet, you and Tilly can disagree about this issue and still not have a gigantic falling out like you're having.

Too much aggression in this now.

People need to get a grip already! WTF?!

Tilly,

I have a transgender son. My father was gay and committed suicide mostly, because he did not accept himself as a gay man. I'm an openly, gay lesbian raising four adopted children. Lucky for my son, he got me and not you as a parent.

I am there for him and I support him. I don't tell him he's wrong, and I don't put my agenda on him. I want him to grow in love and acceptance.
Well, thats very commendable of you, but I just don't share your views and I'm not in the habit of lying about my views for anyone. That would be hypocritical and wrong. And show me where I've said trans people are 'wrong'.

Tilly,

"Lucky for my son, he got me and not you as a parent."

Dhara you don't mean this comment, I know you don't, how can you possibly say what sort of parent Tilly would be.

Tilly,

Dhara you don't mean this comment, I know you don't, how can you possibly say what sort of parent Tilly would be.
I know what her attitude is toward trans kids, and it's intolerant.

Tilly,

So asking that the LGBT activism be kept out of the classroom and that CHILDREN who experience gender confusion not be abused with hormones to prevent them developing naturally is intolerant? I think it's the opposite.

Tilly,

Dhara, this is constructive criticism, not that you'll understand, you'll probably get angry with me....however, the Militant crowd are a bit intolerant about this issue....because they cannot tolerate any opposing view on this issue themselves.

Tilly,

So asking that the LGBT activism be kept out of the classroom and that CHILDREN who experience gender confusion not be abused with hormones to prevent them developing naturally is intolerant? I think it's the opposite.
You presume a trans taking hormones is being abused. That is wrong.

Tilly,

Dhara, this is constructive criticism, not that you'll understand, you'll probably get angry with me....however, the Militant crowd are a bit intolerant about this issue....because they cannot tolerate any opposing view on this issue themselves.
Opposing view is fine. Ignorance is not.

Tilly,

No, I'm saying it is wrong to give gender confused CHILDREN hormones.

Tilly,

No, I'm saying it is wrong to give gender confused CHILDREN hormones.
Gender confused is your presumption. Some children are not confused. My son is taking hormones, with my blessing.

Tilly,

Opposing view is fine. Ignorance is not.

Your personal definition of ignorance is what?

Forum List

Back