So what's the laundry list of free shit Obama is gonna dangle in front of all the leeches tonight?

2 free years of community college

it will cost just over $6 billion a year

so you know it's going to be near $9 Billion the first year and since colleges know they can charge whatever they want it will inflate greatly every year after that

and of course, the people who take the bait will be forced to vote dem or (the horror) have to start paying for it themselves should the gop take the WH
Sure! Because nobody hates higher education more than Conservatives!
We love higher education.

But we are believers that one must have skin in the game to appreciate the game itself.

If education is free, there will be people who will sign up simply because it is free.

You know....like the folks who get the free diapers with the coupon even though they don't have children.
So concerns about abuse trump the necessity of higher education? Sounds like the World's Cheapest Cop-out to me.
Why is it always all or nothing with you guys?
Plenty of people have access to higher education. Sure, they must sacrifice, and some have very little to sacrifice as it is....but there are grants, scholarships and low interest loans.
But one thing I know for sure...If I were to sacrifice for something, I would hold that thing dear to me...it would be important to me.

Ha ha...
Obama could promise:
To bomb Obama
Kill all the Black folks
Tell all Wet backs to go home
Shoot Gays
Labour Camps for the unemployed
A law that makes everyone get a Uzi

You still hate him... ODS is a serious problem.

Get help!
Are you really so stupid as to believe that I should like Obama just because........????

He is a fucking liberal. He believes & promotes the exact opposite of everything I believe in. So do tell moron. How should I feel about the man who I consider is destroying the fabric of our nation?

When you pull your head out of your ass give me a response.

You hate low gas prices and unemployment numbers? Thats weird

You give Obama credit for low gas prices?

What's weird is the claim of low unemployment numbers with 46 million still getting food stamps.

Just saying its weird doesnt make it so girl

When the claim that more people are at work is contradicted by something that says otherwise, it's weird.[/quote]

What did you show that claimed people werent working?

so you know it's going to be near $9 Billion the first year and since colleges know they can charge whatever they want it will inflate greatly every year after that

and of course, the people who take the bait will be forced to vote dem or (the horror) have to start paying for it themselves should the gop take the WH

But we are believers that one must have skin in the game to appreciate the game itself.

If education is free, there will be people who will sign up simply because it is free.

You know....like the folks who get the free diapers with the coupon even though they don't have children.
So concerns about abuse trump the necessity of higher education? Sounds like the World's Cheapest Cop-out to me.
Plenty of people have access to higher education. Sure, they must sacrifice, and some have very little to sacrifice as it is....but there are grants, scholarships and low interest loans.
But one thing I know for sure...If I were to sacrifice for something, I would hold that thing dear to me...it would be important to me.
Sure. Pride in ownership.

But the cost of a higher education is prohibitive in most homes, unless you're fortunate enough to be in the top 5% of incomes (and that's not where EARNERS are, it's where trust fund babies and hedge fund managers are)

Shouldn't one of life's necessities be just a little more accessible to the masses? After all, if you can afford college, you probably don't need college to get ahead.

Are you really so stupid as to believe that I should like Obama just because........????

He is a fucking liberal. He believes & promotes the exact opposite of everything I believe in. So do tell moron. How should I feel about the man who I consider is destroying the fabric of our nation?

When you pull your head out of your ass give me a response.

What's weird is the claim of low unemployment numbers with 46 million still getting food stamps.

When the claim that more people are at work is contradicted by something that says otherwise, it's weird.

What did you show that claimed people werent working?[/QUOTE]

There are almost 93 million people not in the workforce. If the unemployment rate you claim is that low means people are working, the 46 million on food stamps must mean that the jobs you want to give credit to Obama for creating are shitty jobs. If working people still need food stamps, the jobs must be low level jobs.

But the cost of a higher education is prohibitive in most homes, unless you're fortunate enough to be in the top 5% of incomes (and that's not where EARNERS are, it's where trust fund babies and hedge fund managers are)

Shouldn't one of life's necessities be just a little more accessible to the masses? After all, if you can afford college, you probably don't need college to get ahead.

Since when is going to college a necessity?

My daughter isn't a trust fund baby nor am I in the top 5% but she'll being going to a private university and most of it is funded because she's worked and studied hard in order to be in the top 5% of her class.

When the claim that more people are at work is contradicted by something that says otherwise, it's weird.

There are almost 93 million people not in the workforce. If the unemployment rate you claim is that low means people are working, the 46 million on food stamps must mean that the jobs you want to give credit to Obama for creating are shitty jobs. If working people still need food stamps, the jobs must be low level jobs.[/QUOTE]

So what you just said was that the unemployment numbers mean that people are working, but the jobs are shitty but the unemployment number means people are not working? Dude you're all over the place.

Less people in this country are working than people not working.

My daughter isn't a trust fund baby nor am I in the top 5% but she'll being going to a private university and most of it is funded because she's worked and studied hard in order to be in the top 5% of her class.
Good for her! Mazel Tov! But not every student graduates in the top 5%. That doesn't make them ineligible for college, just ineligible for the scholarships and other largess available.

And this is 2015. You may have noticed a few changes in the past 40 years (that's how long it has been since I earned my degree. I doubt that a high school diploma opens a lot of doors these days.

There are almost 93 million people not in the workforce. If the unemployment rate you claim is that low means people are working, the 46 million on food stamps must mean that the jobs you want to give credit to Obama for creating are shitty jobs. If working people still need food stamps, the jobs must be low level jobs.

So what you just said was that the unemployment numbers mean that people are working, but the jobs are shitty but the unemployment number means people are not working? Dude you're all over the place.[/QUOTE]

You claim unemployment is down but can't account for why 46 million are on food stamps. If unemployment is down, why are so many leeches stil around.

But that's the point. It IS available to the masses. FASFA loans are never denied...EXCEPT to the applicants with ultra wealthy parents. And the cost for a community college or a state school locally, where you don't need room and board is, here in NY, about 5K a year......
And I have news for you.....if one can afford college it does not mean he/she doesn't need college to get ahead. That is a ridiculous partisan talking point that has absolutely no validity.

at the uninformed give me free shit crowd.

That would be you dude. What you gonna wish for?
Obama to be GONE

Obama will be the worst pain-in-the-ass ex-president in our history.

Look forward to it.
Oh without a doubt. The man has very little class & 0 dignity so I look for him to be on the TV every week bitching about something

Unlike you (the ex con) who comes in here in a nearly daily bitch-fest.

So what you just said was that the unemployment numbers mean that people are working, but the jobs are shitty but the unemployment number means people are not working? Dude you're all over the place.

You claim unemployment is down but can't account for why 46 million are on food stamps. If unemployment is down, why are so many leeches stil around.[/QUOTE]

You answered the question in your previous post:

"If working people still need food stamps, the jobs must be low level jobs."

They are low PAYING jobs which happens when people fight against paying employees more while defending that companies right to put their employees on welfare. You reap what you sow

I haven't kept up lately but I'm sure his speech will be targeted directly at the uninformed give me free shit crowd.
Strange, when the GOP gave the banks the student loan program and they were subsidized to the tune of 6 billion a year, your kind found that no problem at all.
But do something good for the country and it's all about leeches.

But that's the point. It IS available to the masses. FASFA loans are never denied...EXCEPT to the applicants with ultra wealthy parents. And the cost for a community college or a state school locally, where you don't need room and board is, here in NY, about 5K a year......
And I have news for you.....if one can afford college it does not mean he/she doesn't need college to get ahead. That is a ridiculous partisan talking point that has absolutely no validity.
Student loans can cripple a middle class family, delay the purchase of a house, effect a credit score and generally hold back a graduate under a mountain of debt for years.

Why not make something like putting a kid through college just a little bit easier?

Good for her! Mazel Tov! But not every student graduates in the top 5%. That doesn't make them ineligible for college, just ineligible for the scholarships and other largess available.

And this is 2015. You may have noticed a few changes in the past 40 years (that's how long it has been since I earned my degree. I doubt that a high school diploma opens a lot of doors these days.

It also doesn't mean that my taxes should increase so someone else's child that didn't can get for free what mine had to earn.

I started my first one 32 years ago. It was fully funded by academic and athletic scholarships. That was 1983 when the amount of academic scholarships availabe was far less than today.

Student loans can cripple a middle class family, delay the purchase of a house, effect a credit score and generally hold back a graduate under a mountain of debt for years.

Why not make something like putting a kid through college just a little bit easier?
That is exactly what Stafford loans do...they make it easier to put a kid through college...after 4 years, a 20K debt (for a state school where you do not have to pay for room and board).....
and at the rates offered for these loans, a 20K debt will be about 300 a month..

So sure, you cant buy a house right away...and yes, there will be sacrifices....but you did it and you did it on your own and you now have skin in the game.

Pride goes a long way in generating success.

Forum List

Back