So What's Up with Zimmerman?

holder is trying to figure out how to break the news that there will be no federal prosecution. Zimmerman is going to get millions from NBC for their altering the 911 call. He will get more millions from Florida for prosecuting him knowing there was no case. He will retire to a mansion in a gated community.

Trayvon Martin's parents will keep fundraising for the Trayvon Martin foundation, which Al Sharpton showed them how to set up and fleece. Don't forget to send in your check.

I agree with you on Holder.
I do not see Zimmerman collecting a dime from NBC.
He was acquitted so what are his damages?
Even if he wins that case what are his damages?

If anyone has damages, Zimmerman has damages. Loss of reputation, defamation, slander, death threats. He has no doubt saved all the receipts for his bullet proof vests and all the reciepts of when he moved. Then there are punitive and exemplary damages. He has millions coming.

No, all the complaint specifically claims is defamation, period.
Because that is all this could be.

The 911 tape was public and not owned by Zimmerman. Now NBC has a duty to report the truth and that is where the case is going.
These cases are the hardest civil cases to win.
Loss of reputation? OK, what are the damages? How do you prove that specifically as to the contributor and/or the PROXIMATE CAUSE of the the loss of reputation? Let us say they never doctored the 911 call, what was his reputation then with the media frenzy?
Who at NBC made death threats to Zimmerman? Who made death threats based on the doctored 911 call? How do you prove that? You can't.
How do you prove that the bullet proof vests were purchased as a direct result of death threats based on the doctored 911 call? You can't.
Punitive damages to the police department from NBC for doctoring their property?
Exemplary damages?
Sports fans, the burden is proving "ACTUAL MALICE" in a defamation suit.
And the killer for Zimmerman in this case is that he has to prove he IS NOT a public figure which raises the bar for plaintiffs in that they have to prove knowledge that they knew the information was false and reckless disregard for the truth.
And in a defamation case NBC will argue that the not guilty verdict has limited probative value as far as establishing a claim that they acted with actual malice toward Zimmerman. IOW the defamation trial would ONLY deal with the facts and actual circumstances at the exact time the story aired.
And NBC has an army of lawyers. Their pre-trial discovery will run up hundreds of thousands of dollars on the plaintiff's lawyer which he has to front all of it himself.
Now I believe NBC to be full of shit but under the law a public apology is considered mitigating and will be evidence for the defense. They did that.
If it makes it to trial I see a verdict in Zimmerman's favor but not millions and for every million he gets $400,000 goes to the attorney plus expenses.
I hope they settle out of court for a sealed settlement but NBC will fight to the death on this.
They have 50 gallon barrels of cash and an army of lawyers on retainer. Zimmerman has one lawyer that has to fund the entire case up front.
Years ago I worked on the case where the scum bag rag Hustler magazine did a parody on Jerry Falwell and it was nasty as hell. Hustler won.
Bottom line with me is that NBC and media were exposed as frauds in this from the word go.
Sad part is people actually believed Zimmerman was ordered by police to stand down, called Martin a black person before he was asked to identify him, stalked Martin, ran him down and shot him, Martin was in 6th grade, DNA evidence established Zimmerman's guilt and many other false claims before trial because media ordered them to do so.
If one out of the millions of sheep that believed all that changed their mind, now knows none of that was true, that they were complete fools for believing it and will no longer follow media like sheep we are making progress.

He would have to prove they edited to slander his character.

And frankly, having an opinion that a fat thug shooting an unarmed child is kind of sensible.

Unlike Florida, NBC is going to get good lawyers, and they WILL put on all the witnesses, like the Cousin he molested and the lady whose leg he broke and the ex-girlfriend he slapped around.

And the judge will refuse their evidence.
It was just more character assassination by the press.
Everything they said regarding the case is proven to be lies.
But these stories are different, no really, it was in the paper.
It has to be true!!!
You dope.

Why would the judge refuse evidence.

Zimmerman did twist a woman's ankle when he lost his temper at a party. Now, the criminal jury couldn't hear that evidence, because of exclusion of prior bad acts. But in a civil suit over libel and slander, that would be the heart of the case.

So they can bring in that woman. They can bring in the guy who hired him to be a bouncer at house parties who fired him after the incident and said he had a "Jeckyl and Hyde" personality. Things the criminal jury never got to hear.

None of that is relevant in this civil case. The prejudicial value far outweighs any probative value.
Same as the texts on Martin's phone.

If Zimmerman wins on the public figure motions pre-trial hearing then that does open the door for a big verdict.
I would like to see this go to trial, televised live!
But it won't if they win the public figure motion as NBC most likely will settle.
Will look for Zimmerman in Jamaica, Costa Rica or Punta Cana where I often go and he can buy me a beer!

“He had a temper and he became a liability,” the man said. “One time this woman was acting a little out of control. She was drunk. George lost his cool and totally overreacted,” he said. “It was weird, because he was such a cool guy, but he got all nuts. He picked her up and threw her. It was pure rage. She twisted her ankle. Everyone was flipping out.”

The year 2005 was a bad one for Zimmerman: he was arrested for fighting with a cop trying to arrest his friend for underage drinking, and he and his ex-fiancée took out protective orders against each other.

Oh my, he was working as a bouncer and threw some drunk bitch out of a party.

What a menace to society, lock him up and take away his rights!

[
Years ago I worked on the case where the scum bag rag Hustler magazine did a parody on Jerry Falwell and it was nasty as hell. Hustler won.

Why didn't you tell Foulwell up front he had no case? That wasn't very ethical of you.

[
Bottom line with me is that NBC and media were exposed as frauds in this from the word go.
Sad part is people actually believed Zimmerman was ordered by police to stand down, called Martin a black person before he was asked to identify him, stalked Martin, ran him down and shot him, Martin was in 6th grade, DNA evidence established Zimmerman's guilt and many other false claims before trial because media ordered them to do so.
If one out of the millions of sheep that believed all that changed their mind, now knows none of that was true, that they were complete fools for believing it and will no longer follow media like sheep we are making progress.

Meh, not really.

The real reason Zimmerman got a pass was

1) The cops fucked up the investigation.
2) The prosecutor fucked up the trial.
3) The Jury were complete fucking morons.

But here's the real reason why Zimmerman is so boned if he goes to trial with NBC. NBC can put his fat ass on the stand. They can ask him about that lady whose leg he broke and what drugs he was on the night of the shooting.

My guess is, though, you are probably right. NBC will find some "Pay off the lawyers" settlement figure.

That assumes that Zimmerman won't get into some otehr kind of legal trouble before it comes to trial. Because kind of like Rodney King, his sort never stays out of trouble for long.

“He had a temper and he became a liability,” the man said. “One time this woman was acting a little out of control. She was drunk. George lost his cool and totally overreacted,” he said. “It was weird, because he was such a cool guy, but he got all nuts. He picked her up and threw her. It was pure rage. She twisted her ankle. Everyone was flipping out.”

The year 2005 was a bad one for Zimmerman: he was arrested for fighting with a cop trying to arrest his friend for underage drinking, and he and his ex-fiancée took out protective orders against each other.

Hey now, Stalin said that rank hearsay is good and solid evidence. Why the hate?

And the judge will refuse their evidence.
It was just more character assassination by the press.
Everything they said regarding the case is proven to be lies.
But these stories are different, no really, it was in the paper.
It has to be true!!!
You dope.

Zimmerman did twist a woman's ankle when he lost his temper at a party. Now, the criminal jury couldn't hear that evidence, because of exclusion of prior bad acts. But in a civil suit over libel and slander, that would be the heart of the case.

So they can bring in that woman. They can bring in the guy who hired him to be a bouncer at house parties who fired him after the incident and said he had a "Jeckyl and Hyde" personality. Things the criminal jury never got to hear.

None of that is relevant in this civil case. The prejudicial value far outweighs any probative value.

Doubtful.

ZImmermans' argument is that the press made him look bad.

That means NBC can bring in people who can testify to what they reported.

[

Why didn't you tell Foulwell up front he had no case? That wasn't very ethical of you.

[

Meh, not really.

The real reason Zimmerman got a pass was

1) The cops fucked up the investigation.
2) The prosecutor fucked up the trial.
3) The Jury were complete fucking morons.

But here's the real reason why Zimmerman is so boned if he goes to trial with NBC. NBC can put his fat ass on the stand. They can ask him about that lady whose leg he broke and what drugs he was on the night of the shooting.

My guess is, though, you are probably right. NBC will find some "Pay off the lawyers" settlement figure.

That assumes that Zimmerman won't get into some otehr kind of legal trouble before it comes to trial. Because kind of like Rodney King, his sort never stays out of trouble for long.

No Joe, the Sanford Police Department were vindicated at trial.
The prosecution had no evidence.
I suppose you believe the witnesses and evidence were also morons.
You are the moron Joe. Give it up. You believed what media told you and 100% based your stance on that doctored 911 call as you labeled Zimmerman a racist based on that.
How does it feel to find out everything you claimed before trial turned out to be false?

Hey, maybe if someone HAD arrested him when he hit that cop, or broke that lady's leg, he wouldn't have gotten a CCA permit because of a criminal record.

But Daddy's Judgeship kept him out of trouble...

Doubtful.

NBC doctored the 911 call you fool.
That is all the case is about.
Damn son, stick to the hammer.

NBC has publicly admitted they doctored the 911 call.
Motions in limine before the trial will limit the trial to just that call and any damages as a result of it for the liability phase.
If they win that they go to damages.
Nothing about alleged bar fights bull shit is relevant in this trial and no judge allows that in.
Anyone that believes that BS is a fool.

Doubtful.

They didn't doctor. they Edited. They edit tapes and video all the time.

And frankly, NBC should go all out on this guy. The civil trial would probably pay out more in ad revenues than they could ever pay Zimmerfool.

Motions in limine before the trial will limit the trial to just that call and any damages as a result of it for the liability phase.
Nothing about alleged bar fights bull shit is relevant in this trial and no judge allows that in.

Guy, you are all over the map on this. Jesus, is this what happens when you work in the legal system too long?

This is a bullshit case. If I were NBC I'd let it go to a jury and make damn sure I got some black folks on this jury.

Doubtful.

And frankly, NBC should go all out on this guy. The civil trial would probably pay out more in ad revenues than they could ever pay Zimmerfool.

Well Joe, they admitted on national TV that they doctored the 911 call.
Publicly.
Once again you were conned by media.

Guy, you are all over the map on this. Jesus, is this what happens when you work in the legal system too long?

This is a bullshit case. If I were NBC I'd let it go to a jury and make damn sure I got some black folks on this jury.

"make sure I got some black folks on the jury"
HAHAHA, YOU DUMBASS.

NBC will argue the law as their defense, not race.
You are a racist Joe. You want NBC to get black folks on the jury because you believe them to be stupid.

"make sure I got some black folks on the jury"
HAHAHA, YOU DUMBASS.

NBC will argue the law as their defense, not race.
You are a racist Joe. You want NBC to get black folks on the jury because you believe them to be stupid.

No, because they will not be so keen to give a bag full of money to a racist asshole who shot one of their kids.

Well Joe, they admitted on national TV that they doctored the 911 call.
Publicly.
Once again you were conned by media.

Not really.

Only salient fact in this case. Zimmerman shot a child.

Everything else is bullshit.

[

Florida a racist state then it would be Zimmerman that would be discriminated against as he is a Hispanic minority.
The race card will not work this time Joe. You know better so quit the BS.
Trayvon Martin was a piece of shit.
Zimmerman mentored black kids on weekends and led a drive to raise money to pay the legal fees of a black man in prison he believed was falsely accused.
Martin was suspended from school 3 times, was a thief and bragged on texts about beating people up and buying illegal weapons.
But you union guys thrive on violence as long as it is 6 goons beating up a 59 year old woman crossing a picket line.
Most people respect the jury system. You do not as communists support mob rule and no trial.
You convicted Zimmerman before the trial because the media ordered you to do so.

Zimmerman also molested his cousin, beat up his girlfriend, broke a woman's leg and hit a cop.

I have no respect for the jury system because I have little respect for the intelligence of average people. The two jurors who opened their mouths kind of proved my point pretty well. These were some REALLY stupid people.

And yeah, you cross a picket line, you get beaten up. It wasn't like the picket line wasn't clearly marked.

No proof, all hearsay, just like the crap they claim about Martin.

Forum List

Back