So who won last night's GOP debate in Milwaukee?

Who won the GOP debate?

• DeSantis

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Ramaswamy

Votes: 9 18.4%
  • Scott

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Pence

• Christie

Votes: 3 6.1%
  • Haley

Votes: 5 10.2%
  • Hutchinson

• Burgum

Votes: 1 2.0%
  • Trump

Votes: 24 49.0%
  • Nobody

Votes: 2 4.1%

• Total voters
The first Republican presidential debate of the 2024 campaign season on August 23, 2023, saw a slew of candidates take the stage. Among them, two figures — Vivek Ramaswamy and Florida Governor Ron DeSantis — emerged as standout performers. Their strong performances not only highlighted their political acumen but also set the tone for the rest of the primary season.

Ramaswamy, although a newcomer to politics, proved that he could hold his own against seasoned politicians. His articulate arguments and clear vision for America resonated with many viewers. Despite being labeled a “know-it-all novice” by Mike Pence and Chris Christie, Ramaswamy’s fresh perspective and outsider status proved to be an asset rather than a hindrance. His ability to articulate complex issues in a relatable manner, combined with his innovative ideas, made him a lightning rod at the GOP debate.

BJ -
Any other year Desantis would be the candidate hands down.
He articulates Conservative Republican principles and then implements them.
He has risen quickly, with support from President Trump.
Any other year -

I find it funny that a young Republican in the audience asked a question about climate change, and was all but ignored.

File that away in the back of your mind for future reference.

True. But I hope he takes Trump down with him.
I like how Pence orated about how "pro-life" he is, even quoting the bible

“Before I formed you in the womb I knew you,
before you were born I set you apart;
I appointed you as a prophet to the nations.”

...then he said all Republicans should take abortion off the table by supporting a 15-week ban. That was HUGE.
I hope that took abortion off the table. No abortion bans ever.
If it is the likability factor, you gotta go with Scott or Haley. But, if it is about substance, it was Desantis. You know what he did/does when in office. Make Desantis and Scott 1 person, you have a winner.

Let me know when anyone can contrive any actual indictable or impeachable offenses against the President.

The Loser's multiple trials by juries of his peers are in the offing.
Bribery. Slam dunk. It's going to happen

Pence?

Really?
Yep really. You aren’t a white evangelical Christian are you?

The only notable debate on the issue was over Pence’s promise to fight for a national law against abortion, which Nikki Haley opposed energetically (though later backtracking). It was one of the ways she stood out and actually looked most “presidential” and capable of appealing to a non-Republican audience.

See: Mike Pence, Nikki Haley spar over a Federal abortion ban at RNC debate

I’ve been predicting Mike Pence will rise in a potential surprise win at the end in the GOP primary.

I don’t know if there’s any specific polling from white evangelical Trump die hards, but it looks to me that either Nikki Haley or Mike Pence could win them over with abortion politics.

I’ve been listening to extreme right wing religion American family radio (Jenna Ellis has a show) and it’s becoming somewhat an observable trend that the “saving baby fetus” cult has finally been knocked on their ass by the recent special election in Ohio knowing what is to come.

I suspect Pence who was picked to earn evangelicals votes in 2015, is very deep in communication with the white evangelical community leaders to find what they will stomach living in baby, killing America, which they cannot tolerate.

A 15 week abortion, ban nationally in reality will not save baby fetus from being electively killed because 93% of all abortions are performed before the 16th week. The remainder are mostly wanted pregnancies or something goes wrong and abortion is a sad and painful option for the mother.

Pence is very cagey politically calling for a 15 week national abortion ban because there is a chance that the women’s rights movement can kind of deal somewhere in between 15 weeks and 24 weeks if all states guarantee that right.

So we will see what comes, but however goes the white evangelical “ saving baby fetus” cult it will be the religious right who decides who the Republican nominee will be.

Pence came right out and said it’s not only a state rights issue it’s a moral issue which really surprised me. I think that will resound with the evangelicals given their states rights shellacking’s that they have taken since DOBBS. They know they can’t argue a moral issue under the wings of the antichrist Trump.

I think it’s gonna be Pence defying the current odds against him. Iowa is a solid white run evangelical state.

I find it funny that a young Republican in the audience asked a question about climate change, and was all but ignored.

File that away in the back of your mind for future reference.

It was addressed.

The Climate Change agenda is a hoax.
The anti-carbon agenda is the wet blanket on our economy.
More people are dying from bad climate change policy and from climate change.

I don't think we watched the same debate. :)
DeSantis effectively ended his campaign last night. He's not ready. Don't know if he will ever be.

Such a hack ^ commentary. The truth is, given his weak campaign so far, DeSantis did very well last night. Some candidates helped themselves. He is absolutely on that list.
Pence was milquetoast as usual. Both men said they'd support Trump as the nominee if he were convicted.
Pence came in with a fair amount of baggage. But he defended his decision not to honor Trump’s certification request and he did so quite well. I believe he assisted his own campaign a bit last night.
Viv came in hot and was gloming the MAGA base until Nikki Haley took his bullshit apart.

Haley did ok. Ramaswamy also probably assisted his own campaign by, mostly, getting air time and by not stepping on his own dick.

Asa blew it. Fat boy probably also assisted his own meager chances a bit.

She won the stage last night.
Not really. But she did well.
Trump won the debate.
I thought so before the debate. But I’m not sure his numbers won’t take a bit of a bit.

so do I, so lets make the evidence against Biden public and start valid prosecution actions against him. and let the evidence fall as it may on both of them----------OK?
that's your problem....

you have no evidence....

you have conjecture, spin, right wing propaganda, but there is no tangible evidence to support your claims that Biden was bribed by money, from a Foreign country, to affect U.S. Foreign policy in their favor....

you have no evidence of money given to joe, and you have no evidence he changed U.S.Policy in favor of the foreign entity.

you can not charge someone, without having evidence of probable cause for a specific U.S.CODE that was broken.

Even Comer says he does not have the evidence, but hopes to find it! Well isn't that wonderful, he HOPES to find it.... :rolleyes:

Last edited:
Of course...

Heads, Grifty's awesome
Tails, Grifty's awesome

Cicero, or Benjamin Disraeli, could have graced that stage and you would STILL have gushed about YamDaddy.

This is because your attraction is not to any political position he takes, it is to his faux manliness..
You are on point... but gee whiz... a Cicero o/ Disraeli reference? :)

there are conflicting messages about who the winner was last night. it is either clearly ramasaswamy or clearly ramasawamy. ramaswamy apparently lost, as did reason and decency. lol
Yeah, Ramaswamy is having a moment now but I wonder how long? Here is a great Twitter/X comment...

Face it… the Orange criminal is going to be your candidate

Such a hack ^ commentary. The truth is, given his weak campaign so far, DeSantis did very well last night. Some candidates helped themselves. He is absolutely on that list.

Pence came in with a fair amount of baggage. But he defended his decision not to honor Trump’s certification request and he did so quite well. I believe he assisted his own campaign a bit last night.

Haley did ok. Ramaswamy also probably assisted his own campaign by, mostly, getting air time and by not stepping on his own dick.

Asa blew it. Fat boy probably also assisted his own meager chances a bit.

Not really. But she did well.

I thought so before the debate. But I’m not sure his numbers won’t take a bit of a bit.
Ron did nothing to help himself last night. Nothing to make himself stand out. Just recite his talking points. Again, your analysis is wishful thinking.

Haley won the stage last night. She outed Viv for the inexperienced newbie he is.

that's your problem....

you have no evidence....

you have conjecture, spin, right wing propaganda, but there is no tangible evidence to support your claims that Biden was bribed by money, from a Foreign country, to affect U.S. Foreign policy in their favor....

you have no evidence of money given to joe, and you have no evidence he changed U.S.Policy in favor of the foreign entity.

you can not charge someone, without having evidence of probable cause for a specific U.S.CODE was broken.

Even Comer says he does not have the evidence, but hopes to find it! Well isn't that wonderful, he HOPES to find it.... :rolleyes:

Luckily for the country, you don't know what you are talking about.

Money doesn't have to go directly from the foreign organizations to Joe himself.
Since it enriched his family, it enriched Joe, indirectly, it is illegal.
Read the Statute, that will clear it up for you.

The lowest hanging fruit is the Shokin firing.
Joe (backed by The Cult) has always said that it was US policy to remove Shokin.
That has always been an incredulous claim, but now records indisputably prove that was not the policy under the Obama administration.
Joe bribed/extorted Ukraine using taxpayer money to fire The Prosecutor who was investigating his son.

Quid
Pro
Quo

Not legally in dispute at this point.

There are about 20 million, at last count, other reasons to indict Joe -
The DOJ currently says that a sitting President cannot be indicted, so -
We wait.

from twitter:
Peni𝕏 Ammunition @FenixAmmunition ·12h

Every single one of these RNC pussies avoided the gun control question. Remember that. Not a single one had the balls to speak up and say "I'm not banning shit". Not even Vivek. This is your Republican party. More of the same. A stage full of fucking cowards.

Luckily for the country, you don't know what you are talking about.

Money doesn't have to go directly from the foreign organizations to Joe himself.
Since it enriched his family, it enriched Joe, indirectly, it is illegal.
Read the Statute, that will clear it up for you.

The lowest hanging fruit is the Shokin firing.
Joe (backed by The Cult) has always said that it was US policy to remove Shokin.
That has always been an incredulous claim, but now records indisputably prove that was not the policy under the Obama administration.
Joe bribed/extorted Ukraine using taxpayer money to fire The Prosecutor who was investigating his son.

Quid
Pro
Quo

Not legally in dispute at this point.

There are about 20 million, at last count, other reasons to indict Joe -
The DOJ currently says that a sitting President cannot be indicted, so -
We wait.
THEN GET TO REFERRIN'

Today would be good, a criminal is posting bail in Georgia.

Ron did nothing to help himself last night. Nothing to make himself stand out. Just recite his talking points. Again, your analysis is wishful thinking.

You’re wrong. But I repeat myself. I mean, it was you posting.
Haley won the stage last night.

No. But she did ok.
She outed Viv for the inexperienced newbie he is.
She did give Ramaswamy a bit of a powerful bitch slapping once or twice.

Nikki Haley showed herself to be a pragmatist
More what we CAN do rather than what she would like to do
DeSantis would lose a debate all by himself. He can’t even beat Mickey Mouse
1. Nikki crucified Republicans when she said they approved $7T in earmarks when democrats only asked for $2T.
2. Desantis might not win against Mickey, but he'd kick the shit out of Biden or Kamala.

No questions about entitlements going bankrupt, but one about UFOs????

It was addressed.

The Climate Change agenda is a hoax.
The anti-carbon agenda is the wet blanket on our economy.
More people are dying from bad climate change policy and from climate change.

That’s not what young voters think on both sides.

Oil, abortion, guns. That will be the downfall of the Republican Party, and it has already started.

Forum List

Back