So who's watching Obama speak?

Is anyone brave enough to ask him about the states that have passed and are working on sovereignty bills yet, or were only Modbert-esque reporters allowed into the conference?

Same o' same o. The government must act or we're all gonna die and the recession will never end. And they said Bush was fear mongering. And Robert those weren't questions, they were soft balls, on a tee no less. I'd hope he can deal with press that would rather kiss his ass than ask him a serious question.

My, my. Well, I saw a serious man addressing serious issues in an intelligent manner. He spoke well, addressed the issues, and did not slaughter the language. His sentences were well structured, with coherent logic. A real change, considering the last President.

With him being on TV and all right now. :eusa_whistle:

Now why one earth would anyone want to listen to a Marxist Muslim con his sychophant idiot kingdom?

What could he say that:
A) One could believe

or

B) could possibly lead one to give a shit what he has to say?

My, my. Well, I saw a serious man addressing serious issues in an intelligent manner. He spoke well, addressed the issues, and did not slaughter the language. His sentences were well structured, with coherent logic. A real change, considering the last President.

Well... now that IS ironic... an imbecile claiming that she recognizes coherent logic, while there are 1371 posts from this member and not a one of them exhibits any sign of such.

The simple fact is President Hussein could have squatted behind the podium and took a shit and this sychophant would be in here telling us sweet it smells and what great texture the President exudes...

Rocks is back to his usual blind retarded self I see. What serious questions? The only suprise as far as I was concerned is that none of the reporter completely lost control of themselves and ran up and kissed Obama's ass. Of course if the first one had started there would have immediately been a line forming...

I'm no Obama fan but I must say he is an excellent and articulate speaker. He didn't sell me on the trillion dollar bailout plan but he is a natural politician. Anyone notice how he blamed the previous administration for the economic crisis but said nothing about the Bush administration when he was talking about the success in Iraq?

I'm no Obama fan but I must say he is an excellent and articulate speaker. He didn't sell me on the trillion dollar bailout plan but he is a natural politician. Anyone notice how he blamed the previous administration for the economic crisis but said nothing about the Bush administration when he was talking about the success in Iraq?

I agree with what you said about blame/credit. Quite a bit of fear mongering too, 'Pass or die!' then a bit of back tracking.

He delivers lines very well, have to agree with that assessment and looks good while doing so. At the same time, came off at times whiney and preachy, rather than confident and leading.

May I pose a question? Of course. How are we to measure 'Create OR save 4 million jobs?' No matter if we lose another X million, he can claim they did SAVE 4 million, that WOULD HAVE BEEN LOST if not for spending more than a trillion dollars?

I agree about him being articulate. He also appeared intelligent, thoughtful and honest. :clap2:

That said, it also appeared that the questions were teed up for him. Why did he have a list of reporters to call upon? Did he know in advance what the questions were going to be? :doubt:

And his responses to each were overly long. Once a politician gets his thoughts straight and starts talking he can go on for hours (particularly if he knows the questions are coming). When this happens, he can cover what he feels is important rather than answer what the reporter has asked, and by the end of the press conference that was starting to piss me off.

I'd have preferred to see more questions, on either a wider variety of issues, or focussing in ever greater depth on a particular issue.

For these reasons, my jury is still out.

"This Old House" is on DIY...why waste you time with Obama ?

This Old House?

A show about covering over problems so they don't show and making it look like it's easy and costs very little.

Someone get the Prez a plaid shirt. :eusa_whistle:

• Thanks
Reactions: del

Forum List

Back