So would someone tell Bono HE IS TOTALLY UNCOOL when he says...

Can someone come and get me when Health settles in on one point or decides what this thread is about

The good news is, nobody gives a fuck what Bono says. .about anything. I mean, he does some good charity work, granted... but at the end of the day... U2 sucked, and still does. Who cares.

lol, I think Bono is taking a shot at all those conservatives who brag about how much they give to charity.

HEY Bono is smart as he knows where the money is!
It is NOT a widely known FACT because like most old fashioned cliched ridden anti-capitalists, anti-constructivistas the MSM hasn't ever broadly shared this study:

But conservatives are more charitable then liberals! Please refute this...
On Page 22 of Arthur C Brooks, book "Who Really Cares :The Surprising Truth about Compassionate Conservatism"
Arthur Brooks ?Who Really Cares: The Surprising Truth about Compassionate Conservatism? | THE LIFE & WEALTH BALANCE

"Registered Republicans were seven points more likely to give at least once in 2002 then Democrats (90% to 83%)
More then money and time, blood donations.
If liberals and moderates gave blood at the same rate as conservatives, the blood supply in the U.S. would jump by about 45%.
In 2002 self-described liberals younger than 30 were 12% less like to give money and 33% less willing to give blood then their
conservatives counter-parts.

Liberal young Americans [voted for Obama!] in 2004 were also significantly less likely than the young conservatives express
a willingness to sacrifice for their loved ones.
A lower percentage said they [young liberals] would prefer to suffer than let a loved one suffer.

Page 23: Among state which 60% or more voted for Bush, average portion of income donated was 3.5% versus
states giving less then 40% for Bush - donated 1.9%.
In 2003 residents in the top five "Bush states" were 51% more likely to volunteer those in the bottom five.

His initial research for Who Really Cares revealed that religion played a far more significant role in giving than he had previously believed.
In 2000, religious people gave about three and a half times as much as secular people — $2,210 versus $642.

And even when religious giving is excluded from the numbers, Mr. Brooks found, religious people still give $88 more per year
to nonreligious charities.

And for a real concrete example:

And more specifically Obama versus Bush in their donations...
The White House released the filings for both the President and the First Lady on Wednesday.
Combined, the family brought in an adjusted gross income of $2,656,902, mostly from the sale of the President's books.
The Obamas paid $855,323 in federal income tax. And they donated $172,050 - or about 6.5%
of their adjusted gross income to 37 different charities.
Obama Tax Returns For 2008: See The Complete Filings

President and Mrs. George W. Bush reported taxable income of $719, 274 for the tax year 2007
and paid $221,635 in federal income taxes, the White House said Friday.
The Bushes contributed a total of $165,660 [23%] to churches and charitable organizations.
Bush earned $719,000 in 2007 - CNN.com

Think about.. even with 1/3 as much income as Obama.. Bush gave nearly 400% more then Obama did!
And Obama has the gall the audacity the stupidity to say: "It is that fundamental belief ,I am my brother's keeper, I am my sister's keeper —"

YET his brother lives in a $12 hut!

View attachment 27191

How generous!!!

So conservatives, who go on and on and on about how giving the Poor handouts does more harm than good,

actually give more handouts to the Poor than any other group? Is that your claim?

Just more evidence of how addle-brained conservatives are.

I guess it is true liberals dont know the differance between taxes and charity they think it is the same.

Trade, not aid.

Exactly!

Just look at pictures of Japan, with no welfare, and compare with pictures of Detroit, mostly welfare and entitlements.

Hiroshima and Detroit: The Damage Democrats Do to the Poor Lasts Longer Than a Nuclear Bomb | FrontPage Magazine

:eusa_think:
Gov't spending brings poverty.
WV was at the bottom of states in total income when Robert Byrd became Senator in 1959. Byrd steered trillions of federal dollars to the state, and practically everything there is named for him. When he died in 2010, WV was still at the bottom of states in total income.

Forum List

Back