So You Thought The War On Terror Was All But Over With The Killing Of UBL

The Obama administration's primary example of foreign policy was killing UBL which he stated was a great accomplishment and helped to fight terrorism. He tried to convince everyone that re-electing him would assure that he would keep up the good work of finishing off al Qaeda. This is why he has covered up Benghazi. It was an attempt to make it appear like he had everything under control.

Now you on the left want to claim he never said this nor even implied it.

But what else could I expect from Obama apologists.

I dont see any facts there.

got any proof of your silly claims

The Obama administration's primary example of foreign policy was killing UBL which he stated was a great accomplishment and helped to fight terrorism. He tried to convince everyone that re-electing him would assure that he would keep up the good work of finishing off al Qaeda. This is why he has covered up Benghazi. It was an attempt to make it appear like he had everything under control.

I swear something is wrong with you. The Republican leadership will stoop as low as they need to if they think they are scoring political points. After what they have done or tried to do to this country for the last 30 years, you have to be a complete fucking tard to believe anything they tell you. And then you come along and believe EVERYTHiNG they tell you. Tragic.

I swear something is wrong with you. The Republican leadership will stoop as low as they need to if they think they are scoring political points. After what they have done or tried to do to this country for the last 30 years, you have to be a complete fucking tard to believe anything they tell you. And then you come along and believe EVERYTHiNG they tell you. Tragic.

Sorry, but everything I've said has been said by Obama and then some. There is nothing wrong with me. I can see the writing on the wall after all.

Course I can't say the same for folks like yourself.

I was known on my team as somebody who could spot trouble before it arrived. It even saved their lives once or twice. I use something that seems to be nonexistent with many of you USMB members........common-sense.

I'm sure with the death of one and the capture of the other the folks in Boston, the ones who were celebrating, probably think it's all over. No one knows for sure if these two had help. One was 20 the other 19, I have a hard time believing they didn't have some kind of help constructing all those bombs.

Well by all means, sit down with the victims families and see how much comfort you can offer because "it's all over."

Boston bombs: Obama lulled America into false confidence over terror threat

The war on terror cannot be fought at an arm's length - and the attacks on Boston have brought uncertainty back to American streets, writes Peter Foster.

In his State of the Union address to the American people earlier this year, Barack Obama declared that he was "confident" of achieving "our objective of defeating the core of al-Qaeda".

Although he acknowledged the need to pursue the "remnants" of the terrorist group and its affiliates, the overall message was clear – al-Qaeda was badly degraded, the tides of war were receding and the US was winning this fight that was no longer even officially a war.

The Boston bombings would appear to present a fundamental challenge to that assessment and once again bring the nagging uncertainty of terrorism back on to the American main street.

It is too soon to be absolutely sure the attacks were motivated by jihadist ideology, but the Islamic videos on the website of the older of the two Tsarnaev brothers point very firmly in that direction.
Related Articles

They bring home the complexity of the global Islamist threat and the fact that it cannot be confined to wars in distant lands, or fought at arm's length using drones, as the Obama administration has quietly yet insistently led America to believe.

Mr Obama and his intelligence community know the threat from al-Qaeda affiliates, but have chosen to downplay it to the US public.

Even when that fight does directly touch on American lives, as it did last September when the US ambassador to Libya was murdered in Benghazi by an al-Qaeda linked group, the administration appears at pains to deny the connection.

Indeed, next week, America's transportation authority is to relax rules on carrying knives on planes for the first time since the September 11 attacks.

But as many counter-terrorism experts have been saying – their voices often drowned out or ignored in favour of the pleasing simplicity of the Obama administration's narrative – the threat from al-Qaeda is too amorphous and shifting to ever have been discounted.

"They've fallen into the same trap that the Bush administration did early on," says Tom Jocelyn, a senior fellow at the Foundation for Defense of Democracies think tank who tracks the movements of high-value al-Qaeda targets.

"They define al-Qaeda as a hierarchical terrorist organisation such that if you kill 'x' number of leaders then the whole thing falls apart."

But the early information on the Tsarnaev brothers – born in Kyrgyzstan to a Chechen family, but living in the US for up to a decade – points to just how blurred, in reality, the distinctions between al-Qaeda and its affiliates can become.

"It's a hybrid thing, that's the problem," says Aaron Zelin, a fellow at the Washington Institute for Near East Policy who has written extensively about the decentralisation of al-Qaeda. "It's a unique threat, there's nothing like it and that's why people have a hard time grasping what it is."

Looked at that way, Mr Obama's "confidence" – and that of the American public – is likely to be badly shaken by what is emerging from Boston.

Link

Boston bombs: Obama lulled America into false confidence over terror threat - Telegraph

We are definitely going to have to reevaluate things and it's not going to be easy
and people are gonna go crazy but changes are going to have to be made.
We are just targets waiting for some asshole to pick us off.

BINsdwBCYAAOYRs.jpg:large

We've been told by the Administration that the war against terror is all but over. al Qaeda has been decimated by Obama's drone program. We don't need to worry so much about Islamic aggression as we must worry about Tea Party terrorists. Well, this week has proven just how wrong they've been.

On NBC's "Meet The Depressed" they actually tied this attack into background checks harping on the same nonsense about how all of this violence can be eliminated if the GOP would just get out of the way of the left's trashing of the Constitution. The same sentiments were expressed on ABC's "Face The Nation". The father of a Sandyhook victim spent several minutes talking about how kids were shot in the forehead staring in the face of a crazed gunman. These people keep repeating that 90% of Americans want their right to bear arms taken away. That is essentially what Universal Background Checks means. Actually over 60% support the right to bear arms. If anything, this latest attack would cause more people to want to defend themselves, not less. It's like saying we all have to give up our cars because one person ran a red-light.

The only way we will be free of violence in America is if we turn it into a parking-lot and all of the promises of this administration have done nothing to decrease the threats that are still out there. As a matter of fact there is plenty of evidence that recent tweaks in national security policy has increased the threat. Cutbacks in funding, which the Democrats tried to blame on the Sequester, a sense of overconfidence in our government's ability to protect us, this has all led to where we are today picking up the pieces of a shattered event.

The treat is still out there as this article shows:

The attempted arrest of an allegedly hate-mongering teen aboard a Brooklyn subway quickly turned into a wild showdown between cops and a roiled mob, according to sources and video obtained by the Daily News.

The melee began when suspect Stephan Stowe, 17, and a group of eight friends approached a Jewish man wearing a yarmulke aboard a Brooklyn-bound 3 train just before 3 p.m. Monday, police sources said Wednesday.

"Assalamu Alaikum," Stowe said to the man, using a common greeting among Muslims that means, "Peace be with you," court documents allege.

When the man ignored the greeting, Stowe allegedly became combative.

"You think you're better than me?" the teen allegedly said. "We are cousins."

"No we’re not," The man shot back, and told Stowe to leave him alone.

The suspect then started hurling ethnic slurs and called the man disrespectful, according to court papers.

As the tension aboard the train escalated, the man whipped out his cell phone and took a photo of Stowe, who then snatched the phone and deleted the photo, police sources said.

"I'm going to kill you right now," Stowe said, according to cops and court records. He then swore at the man, according to cops and court records, and in an apparent reference to the Holocaust added, "They should have killed all of you."

The man managed to swipe his phone back from Stowe and ran to alert the conductor, police sources said. As the train pulled into the Eastern Parkway/Brooklyn Museum stop, cops were waiting to collar Stowe, police sources said.

I wonder if anyone remembers one of the worst terrorist attacks in history against a school in Beslan. It lasted 3 days and hundreds of children were killed. I've been worried that eventually schools will become the primary target for foreign terrorists because they are considered "soft-targets" due to the simple fact they are gun-free zones.

It seems the left is doing what it can to make more and more attacks possible, unintentionally I hope. It doesn't help that our borders remain wide-open thanks to the complacency of the current administration. It also doesn't seem automatic that once a foreign national becomes a citizen he or she learns to love this country. Suspect number two was a naturalized citizen. I wonder if he got his citizenship because he came to America at a young age.

RussiaNorthOssetia-Highlight.png

Links

Beslan school hostage crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SEE IT: Wild Brooklyn melee erupts as NYPD arrests Muslim teen for allegedly taunting Jewish subway rider - NY Daily News

Brooklyn Hasid charged with felony hate crime after attacking 'f---ing Arabs' living next door - NY Daily News

Counter-terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When did the administration say that the war on terror was all but over? It will never be over.

The Daily Telegraph - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Political stance

The Daily Telegraph has been politically conservative in modern times.[15] The personal links between the paper's editors and the leadership of the Conservative Party, along with the paper's influence over Conservative activists, have resulted in the paper commonly being referred to, especially in Private Eye, as the Torygraph.[15] Even when Conservative support was shown to have slumped in the opinion polls and Labour became ascendant in them (particularly when leader Tony Blair rebranded the party as "New Labour" on becoming leader after the death of John Smith in 1994), the newspaper remained loyal to the Conservatives. This loyalty continued after Labour ousted the Conservatives from power by a landslide election result in 1997, and in the face of Labour election wins in 2001 and the third successive Labour election win in 2005.

The Daily Telegraph - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Political stance

The Daily Telegraph has been politically conservative in modern times.[15] The personal links between the paper's editors and the leadership of the Conservative Party, along with the paper's influence over Conservative activists, have resulted in the paper commonly being referred to, especially in Private Eye, as the Torygraph.[15] Even when Conservative support was shown to have slumped in the opinion polls and Labour became ascendant in them (particularly when leader Tony Blair rebranded the party as "New Labour" on becoming leader after the death of John Smith in 1994), the newspaper remained loyal to the Conservatives. This loyalty continued after Labour ousted the Conservatives from power by a landslide election result in 1997, and in the face of Labour election wins in 2001 and the third successive Labour election win in 2005.

But it's a UK newspaper......which is quite liberal compared to Rush Limbaugh.

From your own link:

The Daily Telegraph is a daily morning broadsheet newspaper, published in London and distributed throughout the United Kingdom and internationally. The newspaper was founded by Arthur B. Sleigh in June 1855 as The Daily Telegraph and Courier, and since 2004 has been owned by David and Frederick Barclay.

According to a MORI survey conducted in 2005, 64% of Telegraph readers intended to support the Conservative Party in the coming elections.[3] It had an average daily circulation of 552,065 in early 2013 down from 634,113 in July 2011. In comparison, The Times had an average daily circulation of 441,205, down to 400,060.[2][4]

It is the sister paper of The Sunday Telegraph. It is run separately with a different editorial staff, but there is some cross-usage of stories, and the two titles share a website.

BINsdwBCYAAOYRs.jpg:large

We've been told by the Administration that the war against terror is all but over. al Qaeda has been decimated by Obama's drone program. We don't need to worry so much about Islamic aggression as we must worry about Tea Party terrorists. Well, this week has proven just how wrong they've been.

On NBC's "Meet The Depressed" they actually tied this attack into background checks harping on the same nonsense about how all of this violence can be eliminated if the GOP would just get out of the way of the left's trashing of the Constitution. The same sentiments were expressed on ABC's "Face The Nation". The father of a Sandyhook victim spent several minutes talking about how kids were shot in the forehead staring in the face of a crazed gunman. These people keep repeating that 90% of Americans want their right to bear arms taken away. That is essentially what Universal Background Checks means. Actually over 60% support the right to bear arms. If anything, this latest attack would cause more people to want to defend themselves, not less. It's like saying we all have to give up our cars because one person ran a red-light.

The only way we will be free of violence in America is if we turn it into a parking-lot and all of the promises of this administration have done nothing to decrease the threats that are still out there. As a matter of fact there is plenty of evidence that recent tweaks in national security policy has increased the threat. Cutbacks in funding, which the Democrats tried to blame on the Sequester, a sense of overconfidence in our government's ability to protect us, this has all led to where we are today picking up the pieces of a shattered event.

The treat is still out there as this article shows:

The attempted arrest of an allegedly hate-mongering teen aboard a Brooklyn subway quickly turned into a wild showdown between cops and a roiled mob, according to sources and video obtained by the Daily News.

The melee began when suspect Stephan Stowe, 17, and a group of eight friends approached a Jewish man wearing a yarmulke aboard a Brooklyn-bound 3 train just before 3 p.m. Monday, police sources said Wednesday.

"Assalamu Alaikum," Stowe said to the man, using a common greeting among Muslims that means, "Peace be with you," court documents allege.

When the man ignored the greeting, Stowe allegedly became combative.

"You think you're better than me?" the teen allegedly said. "We are cousins."

"No we’re not," The man shot back, and told Stowe to leave him alone.

The suspect then started hurling ethnic slurs and called the man disrespectful, according to court papers.

As the tension aboard the train escalated, the man whipped out his cell phone and took a photo of Stowe, who then snatched the phone and deleted the photo, police sources said.

"I'm going to kill you right now," Stowe said, according to cops and court records. He then swore at the man, according to cops and court records, and in an apparent reference to the Holocaust added, "They should have killed all of you."

The man managed to swipe his phone back from Stowe and ran to alert the conductor, police sources said. As the train pulled into the Eastern Parkway/Brooklyn Museum stop, cops were waiting to collar Stowe, police sources said.

I wonder if anyone remembers one of the worst terrorist attacks in history against a school in Beslan. It lasted 3 days and hundreds of children were killed. I've been worried that eventually schools will become the primary target for foreign terrorists because they are considered "soft-targets" due to the simple fact they are gun-free zones.

It seems the left is doing what it can to make more and more attacks possible, unintentionally I hope. It doesn't help that our borders remain wide-open thanks to the complacency of the current administration. It also doesn't seem automatic that once a foreign national becomes a citizen he or she learns to love this country. Suspect number two was a naturalized citizen. I wonder if he got his citizenship because he came to America at a young age.

RussiaNorthOssetia-Highlight.png

Links

Beslan school hostage crisis - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SEE IT: Wild Brooklyn melee erupts as NYPD arrests Muslim teen for allegedly taunting Jewish subway rider - NY Daily News

Brooklyn Hasid charged with felony hate crime after attacking 'f---ing Arabs' living next door - NY Daily News

Counter-terrorism - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

When did the administration say that the war on terror was all but over? It will never be over.

Perhaps you could go back and read previous posts.

no one has said it was over.

lies are not a good basis for a platform

Mudwhistle is always making shit up about us, because there is so little to actually criticize us about.

I never make shit up about you folks and there is plenty to criticize you about.

What I have been accused of is making shit up about Democrats in Washington, even when I have their own words to prove everything I'm saying.

Last edited:
Here's a metric.

When President Bush first responded to the al qaeda attacks of 9/11/2001, he said he wanted Osama bin Laden "dead or alive" using a familiar saying from our old Westerns.

He got criticized for being a "cowboy."

But sooner or later, he saw fit to remark that he really wasn't all that interested in Osama.

The liberals tripped over themselves (and still do, to this day) to mock Booooosh for that, too.

Yet, when Obama authorized an action in a foreign sovereign land (one that I applaud the President for okaying, by the way) to have Osama snuffed, the libs could not heap enough praise on The ONE for killing "the" terrorist. One reading their posts would have imagined that Obama had personally saved the world from terrorism.

Yet some of us (myself included) both defended President Bush on the ground that "getting" that one lead terrorist would NOT terminate terrorism and gently chided the liberals for pretending or imagining that The ONE had eradicated the threat of terrorism. It was a good thing, no doubt, to get Osama's brains blown out, but it was not a sufficient thing. His organization survived his death and his organization is NOT the only terrorist organization, anyway.

And, now, even some of the dumber liberals can plainly see reality. The death of Osama bin Laden did not end terrorism. What a shock.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back