soccer(real football) is best sport .but american dont watch it. why? politic?

Had a buddy who was into trials riding.
I just coudnt get into it because it wasn't fast.

I couldn't do it because they had no seat.....okay a little seat with 1/4" of padding.....I had an OSSA Mick Andrews Replica....Spanish bike with a TALL 5th gear like my Sherpa T....they'd go like hell to get to the next section. I don't know....riding on a boulder or up the side of a garage wall always seemed FUCKING NUTS to me. :cuckoo:

Had a buddy who was into trials riding.

I couldn't do it because they had no seat.....okay a little seat with 1/4" of padding.....I had an OSSA Mick Andrews Replica....Spanish bike with a TALL 5th gear like my Sherpa T....they'd go like hell to get to the next section. I don't know....riding on a boulder or up the side of a garage wall always seemed FUCKING NUTS to me. :cuckoo:
Agree, it was so far from what I was doing it was carzy but damn I rode a guys trial's bike and it was pretty fun.

Nobody believed you could match rear and front end suspension travel......My Buls all had Betor, Ceriani, or Marzochhi forks (the best of the era) with an honest 6", maybe 7" of travel.....Betor rear shocks 3" of travel. I'm not sure I could ride a bike with a monoshock....I admit I never have. That's why vintage bikes can't MX on modern tracks....somebody would get killed with all that air-time and bottomed-out suspenders. :lol:
Started out with bikes like the 250 Bultaco Pursang, Penton, and my favorite the Husqvarna. I mainly rode Open class 400cc and up. Later transitioned to the Jap bikes with monoshocks. No more feeling like your wrists were gonna break when you landed after catching some big air time. .... :cool:

They came to a race we put on here in the Apalachicola National Forest. They were incredible riders.

I owned a 250 Bultaco too, along with a slew of others. I let friends without a bike to ride the Bull. It wasn't as fast as the Penton but was rugged as heck and I knew they couldn't hurt it.

I know what you mean, and the excitement is just incredible. Although once when I met my orthopedic surgeon at the Tallahassee Memorial cast room he put his hand on my shoulder, looked at the x-ray and said to me, "I sure hope you remember how much fun you were having in 20 or 30 years. He was RIGHT! :d

Here I am coming up from a creek crossing.
IMG_0001_zpswtw2hpfp.jpg

Full Bore boots?

Had the very first year of the monoshock YZ80 as a kid.
It was the absolute shit!!

Nobody believed you could match rear and front end suspension travel......My Buls all had Betor or Marzochhi forks (the best of the era) with an honest 6", maybe 7" of travel.....Betor rear shocks 3" of travel. I'm not sure I could ride a bike with a monoshock....I admit I never have. That's why vintage bikes can't MX on modern tracks....somebody would get killed with all that air-time and bottomed-out suspenders. :lol:
When I got my first bike. This one.

ii_717.jpeg

My Dad said 125's were shit and had no power. The first time he rode it he hit a jump and dropped the front a little too much. Came back to the truck and said "holy shit, that suspension is incredible I would have wrecked on my old bikes. And yeah, the power seems pretty good."

Back in the old days the old man would throw parties for the Houston Rockets at the house,this was in the mid seventies.
When he ran out of a certain liquor he'd have me ride him to the liquor store on the back of the YZ80.
This was in Greenwood Forest,the same neighborhood Farrah Fawcett lived in. She actually lived the next block over and we'd ride our dirt bikes by her house just to catch her outside sitting on the curb having a smoke which she did regularly.

It was an American kids wet dream!!!

understanding baseball is key to understanding Americans ant their culture
Actually American football is more appropriate.
i like american football. but timeout and stop playing is very shit........
my second sport sport for watch is nba

I like all sports.

Soccer is anything but boring at the mid and highest levels and only the mentally simple would say so. Bad soccer like bad football, like bad anything you have to watch is boring. You want boredom? Watch minor league hockey. Slow skating combined with poor technique and institutionalized politeness.

Which brings me to my point about Americans…Hockey isn’t really embraced by much of America (the South) because of the scoring system. If they gave 7 points for a goal and 3 points for hitting the woodwork (the solid part of the net that holds it up), those in the South would probably enjoy it more. Soccer only rewards success; not “nice tries”. The South is full of underachievers and simple folks. I would wager that if they gave a point for a touchdown and 1/2 point for a field goal, Tennessee would find better things to do.

Nobody believed you could match rear and front end suspension travel......My Buls all had Betor, Ceriani, or Marzochhi forks (the best of the era) with an honest 6", maybe 7" of travel.....Betor rear shocks 3" of travel. I'm not sure I could ride a bike with a monoshock....I admit I never have. That's why vintage bikes can't MX on modern tracks....somebody would get killed with all that air-time and bottomed-out suspenders. :lol:
Started out with bikes like the 250 Bultaco Pursang, Penton, and my favorite the Husqvarna. I mainly rode Open class 400cc and up. Later transitioned to the Jap bikes with monoshocks. No more feeling like your wrists were gonna break when you landed after catching some big air time. .... :cool:
I'm looking at buying a Husky now. I want a 125 two stroke and it's them or KTM, virtually the same bike or Yamaha.

Flat track is the two wheel version of a winged sprint car. The frame just keeps the engine in place.

I took in a (still-in the-paper) NOS spooled flat-track rim with a derelict Pursang/Astro package back in the early 90's....pristine....took it to a swap meet and got $300 for it.

Trials is 10x more difficult than any other motorcycle competition. ...... :cool:
Get on a trials bike. They are fun. Not fast but you can do some cool stuff on them.

I totally get the attraction. But I'd rather be blasting over a set of whoops.
Oh for sure. Just saying they are fun doing what they do. Not a career choice for me. I'll take the whoops and the triples all day long.

Flat track is the two wheel version of a winged sprint car. The frame just keeps the engine in place.

I took in a (still-in the-paper) NOS spooled flat-track rim with a derelict Pursang/Astro package back in the early 90's....pristine....took it to a swap meet and got $300 for it.
I have no idea what that means but good job. I don't know flat track down to the parts they use.

understanding baseball is key to understanding Americans ant their culture
Actually American football is more appropriate.
i like american football. but timeout and stop playing is very shit........
my second sport sport for watch is nba

I like all sports.

Soccer is anything but boring at the mid and highest levels and only the mentally simple would say so. Bad soccer like bad football, like bad anything you have to watch is boring. You want boredom? Watch minor league hockey. Slow skating combined with poor technique and institutionalized politeness.

Which brings me to my point about Americans…Hockey isn’t really embraced by much of America (the South) because of the scoring system. If they gave 7 points for a goal and 3 points for hitting the woodwork (the solid part of the net that holds it up), those in the South would probably enjoy it more. Soccer only rewards success; not “nice tries”. The South is full of underachievers and simple folks. I would wager that if they gave a point for a touchdown and 1/2 point for a field goal, Tennessee would find better things to do.
:cuckoo:

Forum List

Back