soccer(real football) is best sport .but american dont watch it. why? politic?

My last race bike. Great low end torque. Got me my last two championships. Thank you Kawasaki, Blue Ray, Bell, Sinisalo, Dunlop.

s1200_1987_kx_125_x_large.jpg

I was at Carlsbad in '75 when DeCoster first unveiled the Suzi monoshock works bike. All the pit crews and woofies came running to see a bike that seemingly had no shocks....what was keeping the rear-end off the tire? :lol:

Had the very first year of the monoshock YZ80 as a kid.
It was the absolute shit!!

Soccer is the most boring sport on the planet.

Imagine a sport that is so boring that watching somebody else play golf is more interesting.

And yet most of the planet enjoy it a lot more than baseball and American football. Two of the most common cures for insomnia....

Kenseth is never out in an race. If that guys car is running at all he's a threat. Top Fuel is...well not much to compare it too for sure. I like it a lot. And the Force sisters aren't hard to watch in or out of fire suits.

John has been my favorite for many years. I'm so old I even watched Big Daddy at many races even before he switched to a rear engine.

You have to wonder what goes through the mind of Force sisters each time they go to the starting line.

Not very popular but I also follow unlimited hydroplane racing. Supposedly the most dangerous sport in the world by the number of licensed drivers. Steven David, a close friend of mine who lives in Fort Lauderdale drove the Oh Boy, Oberto for a number of years. He won a number of National Championships. I was watching him on TV once when his boat flipped and his back was broken. They put an eight inch rod in his back and he was back racing the next year. Great, great guy too.
I'm guessing they must think they are pretty damn lucky to have that opportunity. Not many people do.

Hydro is damn impressive. I got to see the Miss Budweiser boat a couple times, holy shit.

If you race, you just race to the best of your ability. If you get hurt that's kind of just how things go sometimes. I've broken bones that still cause me problems but I would never go back and not break them. It happened because I was trying to be the best. That comes at a cost. The price of getting there I suppose, nothing you can do to change it because if you don't go over the edge someone else will and they will win. You can't win in a safe space.

I kind of look at NASCAR as boxing and Indy as MMA....you have to know how to turn right.

Right?

Yes....as in other words you need another skill set.

Hey bonehead! They turn LEFT on an oval, just like horse racing.

You've misunderstood my post.

In that case we all did. Perhaps you should be clearer in your meaning. :D

i think soccer isnt good for american. because football havnt timeout
and american politican want brainwash american people in timeout tv com...
+ im drunk and very happy for barcelona win. its not serious topic

Barcelona - PSG
Barcelona vs PSG 6-1 - Goals & Highlights 08/03/2017 - ...
View attachment 116017[emoji666] 10:28

۳۸ دقیقه پیش - بارگذاری توسطMATTHDQ
Barcelona vs PSG 6-1 - Goals & Highlights 08/03/2017 HD Goals: Suarez 3',

It's BOOOOOOOOOOORING!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930U using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

if you arent fan. soccer is boring. but believe me. best sport in world for watch is soccer

American football is 1000 times better.

My last race bike. Great low end torque. Got me my last two championships. Thank you Kawasaki, Blue Ray, Bell, Sinisalo, Dunlop.

I was at Carlsbad in '75 when DeCoster first unveiled the Suzi monoshock works bike. All the pit crews and woofies came running to see a bike that seemingly had no shocks....what was keeping the rear-end off the tire? :lol:
Man I kinda remember that. Yamaha had the Monoshock then Suzuki stepped it up a bit further. Good times. The tech was ramping up fast.

The first year they all went to water cooling was fun to watch. Everyone did something different. Yamaha on the front of the forks, Suzuki in the middle of the frame, Honda had the wings and Kawasaki did the one side radiator. These days they all look the same.

I kind of look at NASCAR as boxing and Indy as MMA....you have to know how to turn right.

Right?

I posted a better explanation,you must have missed it

Right?

Someone doesn't watch NASCAR.

I guess I'll have to explain.
MMA requires more skills than boxing,which is the equivalent to turning left all the time.
As an MMA fighter you have to be more rounded...unlike a constant left turner you also so have to know right turns,as well as elevation changes.

Eh, you aren't that much older than I am. Pretty cool rides. Please tell me you rode a Combat Wombat. That would seal your fucking awesomeness for me.

I DID! My pal was after a little Hodaka Ace 100 for his lady and I jumped on a 125 Combat Wombat and buzzed around the back of the dealership....had a blast on it....front-end light as a feather. :lol:

That is an old bike. Honda is who revolutionized the dirtbike scene with their 125s.
My dad was a Marine in Okanawa in '64 and was racing dirt bikes. Was offered a chance to buy original shares in Honda for 500 bucks. A fortune back then. Man I wish he had done that. Can you imagine what those shares would be worth today?

i think soccer isnt good for american. because football havnt timeout
and american politican want brainwash american people in timeout tv com...
+ im drunk and very happy for barcelona win. its not serious topic

Barcelona - PSG
Barcelona vs PSG 6-1 - Goals & Highlights 08/03/2017 - ...
View attachment 116017[emoji666] 10:28

۳۸ دقیقه پیش - بارگذاری توسطMATTHDQ
Barcelona vs PSG 6-1 - Goals & Highlights 08/03/2017 HD Goals: Suarez 3',

It's BOOOOOOOOOOORING!!!!

Sent from my SM-G930U using USMessageBoard.com mobile app

if you arent fan. soccer is boring. but believe me. best sport in world for watch is soccer

American football is 1000 times better.

YOURE FUCKEN WRONG!!!!!!!
It's at least a million times better......

I posted a better explanation,you must have missed it

Right?

Someone doesn't watch NASCAR.

I guess I'll have to explain.
MMA requires more skills than boxing,which is the equivalent to turning left all the time.
As an MMA fighter you have to be more rounded...unlike a constant left turner you also so have to know right turns,as well as elevation changes.

That's why the response was about road courses, which have right turns and elevation changes.

Nobody believed you could match rear and front end suspension travel......My Buls all had Betor, Ceriani, or Marzochhi forks (the best of the era) with an honest 6", maybe 7" of travel.....Betor rear shocks 3" of travel. I'm not sure I could ride a bike with a monoshock....I admit I never have. That's why vintage bikes can't MX on modern tracks....somebody would get killed with all that air-time and bottomed-out suspenders. :lol:

Last edited:
Eh, you aren't that much older than I am. Pretty cool rides. Please tell me you rode a Combat Wombat. That would seal your fucking awesomeness for me.

I DID! My pal was after a little Hodaka Ace 100 for his lady and I jumped on a 125 Combat Wombat and buzzed around the back of the dealership....had a blast on it....front-end light as a feather. :lol:

That is an old bike. Honda is who revolutionized the dirtbike scene with their 125s.
It was brand new top of the line when I was on it. Not so much now, LOL.

Me too....I rode a 250cc Bultaco SD...and once was in an upstate Michigan race against Ohio John Penton. Came upon him with a whole lot of riders jammed up at a ditch-crossing....he went right across and I copied how he did it....rocking chair style and I bet you know what I mean.

They came to a race we put on here in the Apalachicola National Forest. They were incredible riders.

I owned a 250 Bultaco too, along with a slew of others. I let friends without a bike to ride the Bull. It wasn't as fast as the Penton but was rugged as heck and I knew they couldn't hurt it.

I know what you mean, and the excitement is just incredible. Although once when I met my orthopedic surgeon at the Tallahassee Memorial cast room he put his hand on my shoulder, looked at the x-ray and said to me, "I sure hope you remember how much fun you were having in 20 or 30 years. He was RIGHT! :d

Here I am coming up from a creek crossing.
IMG_0001_zpswtw2hpfp.jpg

Me too....I rode a 250cc Bultaco SD...and once was in an upstate Michigan race against Ohio John Penton. Came upon him with a whole lot of riders jammed up at a ditch-crossing....he went right across and I copied how he did it....rocking chair style and I bet you know what I mean.

They came to a race we put on here in the Apalachicola National Forest. They were incredible riders.

I owned a 250 Bultaco too, along with a slew of others. I let friends without a bike to ride the Bull. It wasn't as fast as the Penton but was rugged as heck and I knew they couldn't hurt it.

I know what you mean, and the excitement is just incredible. Although once when I met my orthopedic surgeon at the Tallahassee Memorial cast room he put his hand on my shoulder, looked at the x-ray and said to me, "I sure hope you remember how much fun you were having in 20 or 30 years. He was RIGHT! :d

Here I am coming up from a creek crossing.
IMG_0001_zpswtw2hpfp.jpg

I wish I had some pics of my youth when riding!
Most of my riding was done at the expense of the local PD.
Man I used to love to run from em!!!!

My sport throughout the 1980 - 90's was motorcycle "Trials" competition. It's a popular sport in Europe, but hardly known in America, I was pretty good at motocross, TT, and cross country. But observed Trials riding was my passion. I used to compete in the expert class at state meets in Oklahoma and Texas.

Trials is riding over an obstacle course on a motorcycle. The rider loses points every time he touches the ground with his foot to regain balance, goes outside of the boundary markers, or fails to traverse the obstacle. The rider who ends up with the least amount of points is the winner.

For those interested, here is a video of a professional rider competing in a World Class event.

My sport throughout the 1980 - 90's was motorcycle "Trials" competition. It's a popular sport in Europe, but hardly known in America, I was pretty good at motocross, TT, and cross country. But observed Trials riding was my passion. I used to compete in the expert class at state meets in Oklahoma and Texas.

Trials is riding over an obstacle course on a motorcycle. The rider loses points every time he touches the ground to regain balance, goes outside of the boundary markers, or fails to traverse the obstacle. The rider who ends up with the least amount of points is the winner.

For those interested, here is a video of a professional rider competing in a World Class event.

Had a buddy who was into trials riding.
I just coudnt get into it because it wasn't fast.

Trials is riding over an obstacle course on a motorcycle. The rider loses points every time he touches the ground with his foot to regain balance, goes outside of the boundary markers, or fails to traverse the obstacle. The rider who ends up with the least amount of points is the winner.

motorcycle "Trials" competition
my father was very good in this sport

Nobody believed you could match rear and front end suspension travel......My Buls all had Betor or Marzochhi forks (the best of the era) with an honest 6", maybe 7" of travel.....Betor rear shocks 3" of travel. I'm not sure I could ride a bike with a monoshock....I admit I never have. That's why vintage bikes can't MX on modern tracks....somebody would get killed with all that air-time and bottomed-out suspenders. :lol:
When I got my first bike. This one.

ii_717.jpeg

My Dad said 125's were shit and had no power. The first time he rode it he hit a jump and dropped the front a little too much. Came back to the truck and said "holy shit, that suspension is incredible I would have wrecked on my old bikes. And yeah, the power seems pretty good."

Forum List

Back