Social Security is ours not Congress

Sure, right wing morons, lets give social security funds to Wall Street gamblers and see what could possibly go wrong.

Picture yourself as a 90 year old in a nursing home getting a letter from some WS bank stating, "sorry, we gambled and lost your money......have a nice time out on the street."

Here is one looming fact that all of us I think can agree on. No one on this forum is knowledgeable enough to debate this on the merits one way or the other.
And we can all agree that Missourian has no idea of what is being discussed.

One, SS is not an entitlement.

Two, it is an old age insurance program into which we all pay.

Three, it is our money.

Should be, but isn't. Not a dime from your check came from your pocket, it came from your children. Just like any other welfare recipient
Anyone who calls it an entitlement or welfare is simply not being honest.

Put the money back, Congress.

14606303_1198343146870910_1451029706243911443_n.jpg

Welcome to govenrment, if you had your own account, this wouldnt happen, but since FICA has been general fund money since the 30s, its gonna happen.
If we all had our own accounts, we would be only as good as the last recovery, and I will darned if I let any private bean counter get a commission on my money.
Obama cut SS and no one cared. What is different now?
The Pubs went right along with it, and when Obama restored it, the Pubs all cried. Simply politics.

Don't touche SS, any politician, who wants a career in politics.

Sure, right wing morons, lets give social security funds to Wall Street gamblers and see what could possibly go wrong.

Picture yourself as a 90 year old in a nursing home getting a letter from some WS bank stating, "sorry, we gambled and lost your money......have a nice time out on the street."

Here is one looming fact that all of us I think can agree on. No one on this forum is knowledgeable enough to debate this on the merits one way or the other.

Three, it is our money.

Ok genius, how does it work. I put money in the bank, the bank loans it out, they get interest, they pay me a portion of that interest for allowing them to use my money. Very simple explanation of how my money grows into enough for retirement.

You understand that that little bit of money you pay in isn't the amount paid back to you right? It is much more than what you paid in.

So, oh enlightened one...what is the mechanism that produces the increase?

Three, it is our money.

Should be, but isn't. Not a dime from your check came from your pocket, it came from your children. Just like any other welfare recipient

Everyone calls it that. Even the people who created it.
What is it then? And who else agrees?

Three, it is our money.

Ok genius, how does it work. I put money in the bank, the bank loans it out, they get interest, they pay me a portion of that interest for allowing them to use my money. Very simple explanation of how my money grows into enough for retirement.

You understand that that little bit of money you pay in isn't the amount paid back to you right? It is much more than what you paid in.

And what happens when the growth evaporates as it always does during recession. You do understand that, do you not?

Welcome to govenrment, if you had your own account, this wouldnt happen, but since FICA has been general fund money since the 30s, its gonna happen.
If we all had our own accounts, we would be only as good as the last recovery, and I will darned if I let any private bean counter get a commission on my money.
The Pubs went right along with it, and when Obama restored it, the Pubs all cried. Simply politics.

Yes but they cut SS and no one said a word.

Three, it is our money.

Who? You have no documentation of any such thing. But we do know fools call it that, yes.

So again jake is not a republican,

Now you must love the current system, but its horrible and you want no changes

They cut the tax, then they restored it. SS checks were not cut.

You are too stupid to lie and get away with it.

Yup, I am Pub and I yelled at my fellow Pubs for playing politics, like you are doing.

Mess with SS at your own peril.

Three, it is our money.

Anyone who says social security is not welfare or an entitlement is not being honest.

Not a dime of the money in your check came from you. There is no other way to describe it other than as welfare

Yup, I am Pub and I yelled at my fellow Pubs for playing politics, like you are doing.

Mess with SS at your own peril.
Its not sustainable in.its current state, it needs change or it dies.

They cut the tax, then they restored it. SS checks were not cut.

You are too stupid to lie and get away with it.
Wrong. Benefits were cut for future receipents and not word was spoken. Most Americans are like you...you don't even know the truth.

Three, it is our money.

And what happens when the growth evaporates as it always does during recession. You do understand that, do you not?

BUZZER!!!!! Sorry, wrong answer. Thought you were an expert? What the fuck happened?

Let's try it again.

You understand that that little bit of money you pay into Social Security isn't the amount paid back to you right? It is much more than what you paid in.

You may at any time opt to ignore this question and concede that you have no idea what the fuck you are talking about...just like I said in my original post that you unwisely decided to mock, I won't hold it against you.

The far right crazies here do not understand investment.

How sad. How fortunate their SS will never be changed from the program that it is now.

Three, it is our money.

Apparently

Jake getting Welfare

$$$ : Taxpayer >> general fund >> Jake

We all agree on that, if Jake gets welfare, taxpayers are paying him money.

Now let's examine the cash flow for Social security:

$$$ : Taxpayer >> general fund >> Jake

OMG, it's identical! Clearly it's a different thing then ...

Seniors apparently hate their social security because they overwhelmingly vote republican
'MY' social security was spent a long time ago by the same politicians who decided they could Un-Constitutionally exempt themselves from the laws they passed and imposed on others. If you actually think that group of politicians only included GOP then you are obviously 'dain bramaged' like Hillary.

Social Security has been RAIDED...numerous times....much in the same way Obama raided Medicare to help lower the cost of the ACA,

AGAIN, the President who signed SS into law warned it 'Must not' be allowed to exist long-term because he knew / saw EXACTLY what was going to happen...what DID happen.

According to the Govt, Social Security is MY MONEY they have taken out of MY paycheck.
- 'Thank you for your concern, Mr. Fed Govt, but I am a big boy and can be responsible for saving for my own retirement....What's that? I can't have my money? Ok KEEP IT - just stop taking any more of my money from me. What's that? I don't have a say in it? You are going to continue taking MY MONEY out of my paycheck without MY consent? Sure as hell sounds like the Federal govt is ROBBING me.'

For all the defenders of what is now a Ponzi scheme so huge it would make Bernie Madoff die of envy, I offer a way you can prove how good it is. I am offering you a chance to double your money - all you have to do is:
1. Go to the bank with me to set up a joint checking account.
2. Start up an allotment where money is automatically taken from your pay and deposited into the account
3. YOU can't go into the account, can't take any of the money out until you are 65yo....or until I tell you that you can. I can take out money whenever I want.
4. When you reach the age limit set by ME I will allow you to have a certain amount of money - determined by me - each month.
5. If you ever die, ALL of that money - 'YOUR' money - goes to ME, no one else. No family, friends, etc - ME!

If that is such an AWESOME plan I encourage anyone to take me up on this awesome offer.

:p

Forum List

Back