Solar panels

Can you give us the TL;DR version ... that article is behind a paywall ...
Sure. Everything is bad for the environment. :)

A few birds land in open top tanks... end of the world. Thousands get killed by wind turbines... cats kill more birds so it's OK.

Thank God for subjectivity.

Careful:...
... the number of birds killed by free-ranging domestic cats .....
Pets? Cats? You argue that because cats kill birds it is okay to industrialize an area and kill all the birds?

You argue that cats kill birds in the city so it is okay to kill birds where domestic cats never killed birds?

We can destroy what is left of nature, what is wild, far from a city, because we built a city?

I guess you must destroy the world to save it. Thank you for the heads up.

Hell yeah ... birds are vermin ... might as well put the polio virus on the endangered species list and make people stop getting vaccinations while you're at it ...

Prey species have evolved to survive predation ... except in our communities where we tend to chase off the preditors, nothing like a pack of hungry wolves roaming our city streets to bring out folks' weaponry ... so in these conditions, prey species populations explode ... if humans aren't eating them, something else will ... a neighborhood a couple miles from where I lived thought it wise to rid themselves of bobcats ... and then the puma moved in ... smart, real smart ...

As a city slicker, what great fondness do you have with feral rock doves (aka pigeons)? ... house cats kill these things every year, year after year, yet populations remain healthy ... however many rock doves die in a given year, that many baby doves will survive the next ... ecology ...

Do you live in a wood-framed house? ... it's not the owls that died when the trees were cut down, but now there's no more trees for owls to build nests in ... they won't be able to reproduce ... yet you bitch about 6,000 sea gulls that die every year at this one industrial site ... blindly purchasing the products that keep the industry in business ...

This might shock you, but "what is wild, far from a city" is plowed every Spring to keep nature from returning to our agricultural lands ... or do you think Indiana has always been a giant corn field? ...

As can be seen they are not so clean for the environment.Remind me how we can not have nuclear power cause it isn't clean but we can litter these across the landscape?
Just toss them in the ocean. Maybe they'll sink the plastic bottles

Careful:...
... the number of birds killed by free-ranging domestic cats .....
Pets? Cats? You argue that because cats kill birds it is okay to industrialize an area and kill all the birds?

You argue that cats kill birds in the city so it is okay to kill birds where domestic cats never killed birds?

We can destroy what is left of nature, what is wild, far from a city, because we built a city?

I guess you must destroy the world to save it. Thank you for the heads up.

Hell yeah ... birds are vermin ... might as well put the polio virus on the endangered species list and make people stop getting vaccinations while you're at it ...

Prey species have evolved to survive predation ... except in our communities where we tend to chase off the preditors, nothing like a pack of hungry wolves roaming our city streets to bring out folks' weaponry ... so in these conditions, prey species populations explode ... if humans aren't eating them, something else will ... a neighborhood a couple miles from where I lived thought it wise to rid themselves of bobcats ... and then the puma moved in ... smart, real smart ...

As a city slicker, what great fondness do you have with feral rock doves (aka pigeons)? ... house cats kill these things every year, year after year, yet populations remain healthy ... however many rock doves die in a given year, that many baby doves will survive the next ... ecology ...

Do you live in a wood-framed house? ... it's not the owls that died when the trees were cut down, but now there's no more trees for owls to build nests in ... they won't be able to reproduce ... yet you bitch about 6,000 sea gulls that die every year at this one industrial site ... blindly purchasing the products that keep the industry in business ...

This might shock you, but "what is wild, far from a city" is plowed every Spring to keep nature from returning to our agricultural lands ... or do you think Indiana has always been a giant corn field? ...
I get it. Because a city was built in is okay to destroy our wild rural areas.

As can be seen they are not so clean for the environment.Remind me how we can not have nuclear power cause it isn't clean but we can litter these across the landscape?
What's worse they break down before they've generated enough electrical power to pay for themselves. Yet another good reason to end subsidies for everyone and everything.

[
There are other types of nuclear reactors that do not result in weapons grade materials, and unfortunately, the ones that do have completely crowded them out.
Crowded them out? How? As in no room?
The resources were put into our current reactors rather alternatives of safer design with less hazardous waste.

Here in the United States, we build industry in our urban areas ... that's where the workers live ... and we grow our food out in the "wild" rural areas ... although these areas bear no resemblance to their wild state ... I have no idea what you got, maybe you're mistaking me for James Watt, Reagan's Sec. of Interior who wanted to build a big airport inside Yosemite Valley ... yeah, he thought aliens would like it there ...

Here in the United States, we build industry in our urban areas ... that's where the workers live ... and we grow our food out in the "wild" rural areas ... although these areas bear no resemblance to their wild state ... I have no idea what you got, maybe you're mistaking me for James Watt, Reagan's Sec. of Interior who wanted to build a big airport inside Yosemite Valley ... yeah, he thought aliens would like it there ...
you said cats kill birds so it is okay to turn our rural ares into commercial/industrial areas.

certainly in the simple terms I put your belief, it is impossible to justify or defend that bizarre comparison of yours

You need haz-mat lead batteries and you need about 25 five foot panels and constant maintenance. When the batteries go bad and you dump them and the panels go bad and you dump them you defeated the entire greenie agenda.
There are alternatives to batteries. We need to use them

Last edited:
Apparently industrial grade solar energy plants, like California's Ivanpah, routinely kill about 6,000 birds per year (2015 according to the Audubon society.
A Facebook post misleadingly suggests that wind farms kill many more birds than oil companies, but escape any monetary penalties. However, oil companies are responsible for higher bird death rates overall, and US wind farm companies have had to pay fines for their impact on bird populations. Moreover, one unexpected factor causes more bird deaths than both industries combined: cats.

Forum List

Back