Some USPS mail packages are gonna be delievered slower.

As a seller on ebay, this pisses me the fuck off. So I got ebay gouging me with fees, and then I have to raise shipping costs because the postal system which was shitty to begin with, keeps raising prices but gives us sub-par service. This in turn hurts buyers on ebay. If the seller doesn't raise his prices, he too will be hurt, but if you raise your prices, ebay takes more from you. Fuck ebay, fuck the USPS.

Every box I have marked fragile has been damaged if not smashed to bits. The workers are lazy sons of bitches with the personality of a turnip and about as slow as a turtle with Alzheimer's.

As a seller on ebay, this pisses me the fuck off. So I got ebay gouging me with fees, and then I have to raise shipping costs because the postal system which was shitty to begin with, keeps raising prices but gives us sub-par service. This in turn hurts buyers on ebay. If the seller doesn't raise his prices, he too will be hurt, but if you raise your prices, ebay takes more from you. Fuck ebay, fuck the USPS.

Every box I have marked fragile has been damaged if not smashed to bits. The workers are lazy sons of bitches with the personality of a turnip and about as slow as a turtle with Alzheimer's.
yea sure every package....what a crock of shit...

I am convinced the reason the USPS canned the informed delivery app so quickly after they introduced it was because people could see how crappy their local USPS is when random things that were supposed to be delivered one day didn't show up in the mailbox until days later (if at all).

Anyway, I gave up on using the USPS whenever possible about 3 years ago. Up until recently I would send a lot of things by UPS 2-day because it was about the same as USPS for me due to group rate discount I was getting but they more or less recently started doubling the cost of those as a "fuel surcharge".

I am convinced the reason the USPS canned the informed delivery app so quickly after they introduced it was because people could see how crappy their local USPS is when random things that were supposed to be delivered one day didn't show up in the mailbox until days later (if at all).

Anyway, I gave up on using the USPS whenever possible about 3 years ago. Up until recently I would send a lot of things by UPS 2-day because it was about the same as USPS for me due to group rate discount I was getting but they more or less recently started doubling the cost of those as a "fuel surcharge".
they didnt can it i still have it....

Just read about it earlier today.

Watch how fast the population wakes up to this nation going into a 3rd world nation.
We are being destroyed from with in , if you thought the Holacaust was fake lmfao wait until you see your own coming…….
We will see rolling black outs constantly because everything America was built upon is being shipped out of the country……and right on into ohter countries.

IT won’t be long before we look like Africa.

Same here......Along with EM updates when a package is delivered.

LOL.....I love USPS threads.....I have shipped thousands of eBay packages over the years and I can only think of one that was lost for good and maybe three or four "misdelivered" packages that finally got delivered late but OK. I've never had a damaged package because I package properly.

I can't say I'm happy with the slower delivery times because the bulk of my packages usually ship first class but eBay will adjust their delivery window to reflect it so the customer will just have to get used to it.

BUT....Compare first class shipping with (spit) UPS or Fed-Ex ground shipping and it's still the "deal of the day" and I suspect will still get to the customer faster than either of those clown shows.

Now what a seller can do is strive to get a package out ASAP instead of dicking around for 2-3 days like half the eBay sellers do.......And no asshole, I paid you fair so don't print a label then wait three days to get it to the fuckin' PO.

This is what happens when the federal government runs anything.
I also remember that in Nashville you couldn't work for the postal service unless you were black.
A friend of mine left TRANE back in 87' because he said they were hiring blacks.

That's one of my pet peeves. :mad:

I won't even bother ordering anything made of glass from Ebay or Amazon because it gets delivered broken nearly 100% of the time.

I had to rip out and replace the Astroturf on my front porch because I ordered a case of olives and half of the glass jars were broken and leaked all over the porch.

Sure, Amazon refunded the money I spent on the case of olives, but they didn't fix the damage to my porch.

Last edited:
USPS to discontinue stand alone Informed Delivery apps - Postal Times.

The app that is being discontinued is a standalone application that only offers users access to their Informed Delivery information. Among Informed Delivery’s 38 million users, about 750,000 use this app.

This app will be removed from all download platforms — including the Android, iOS and Windows app stores — this summer. Users will receive notifications about the app being discontinued.

Customers will still be able to access Informed Delivery notifications through their mobile devices using the regular USPS Mobile app, as well as through their email and usps.com.

Looks like us Luddites will be just fine. ;)

that date was a year ago....i still have it....

Send a package marked "Fragile" and watch it go through the Harrisburg PA Distribution center.
i still dont believe every package you sent was fucked up.....if so why would you continue to use the PO?....and the UPS guy on my route use to show me packages on his truck that were damaged,he had at least 2 a day.....they aint much better....

i still dont believe every package you sent was fucked up.....if so why would you continue to use the PO?....and the UPS guy on my route use to show me packages on his truck that were damaged,he had at least 2 a day.....they aint much better....

UPS is much better, but isn't worth it for me in my area.

Again, I submit to you that if you get a package that gets sent through the Harrisburg distribution facility, something fucked up will happen to the package.

Better than the Black Hole of Hyattsville, MD.

Or Houston...

One of my best friends sends me packages to me every so often, and I'll get texts asking me how I liked my package. "What package?" I say. "The package I sent you three weeks ago...".

It's gotten a little bit better, but for a couple years everything being sent from Houston took forever. Richmond is another one. My Civil War magazine subscription is usually delayed by several weeks coming through Richmond.

Forum List

Back