Somehow this painting just seems out of place...

shockedcanadian

Diamond Member
Aug 6, 2012
I wonder if he chose the most talented and experienced painter or if he rewarded one of his big donors sons with the job....

presidents.jpg

Obama's portrait is just ridiculous. Memsaab Obama's reminds me a little bit of the works of Leo and Diane Dillon, but it's not her, and the shoulder is bigger than her head.

That is one fugly painting. And look at his hands. HUGE. Is that a dig? Methinks so. Hang the damn thing in the basement. Nobody wants to look at his splayed out skinny girly legs.

Obama's portrait is just ridiculous. Memsaab Obama's reminds me a little bit of the works of Leo and Diane Dillon, but it's not her, and the shoulder is bigger than her head.

Guys its a modern painting, not more boring white country music that you milktoast lovers like.

It is out of place since it's not the official portrait..Duh..

Odd, New York Post disagrees with you:

https://nypost.com/2018/02/12/barack-and-michelle-obamas-official-portraits-unveiled/

Former President Barack Obama went gaga for Michelle Obama’s official portrait Monday — thanking the artist for capturing the former first lady’s “hotness.”

I can't lie, I think his painting is awful because of the leafy background. I have laughed at it many times, and I would laugh at it no matter who was in the photo. It is worse when compared to the others. You would have thought he would have seen the other paintings, but instead he decided "I'm gonna be that singer who turns the Star Spangled Banner" into a pop song rather than just playing it straight.

I'm gonna guess, if Obama doesn't get exposed for his hand in the Russian investigation and potentially illegal actions against the opposition leader, that his painting is redone in the future.

Last edited:

Guys its a modern painting, not more boring white country music that you milktoast lovers like.

I do not favor country music. I favor jazz, especially black jazz.

Forum List

Back