Somehow this painting just seems out of place...

The racists are having such fun with these portraits. It's like the good old days. Well fuck the bunch of you. Obama hired lots of black people in his administration and appointed a lot of black people and championed black people in every walk of life. He was giving blacks a chance to change the face of government and whatever else. There was nothing wrong or surprising about that.
So he hired a black artist. Big fucking deal. Get over it.
A racist black artist that paints a black woman holding a white womans severed head and labels it "black empowerment"
What racism do you see in the President's portrait?
I didnt see anything racist in it.
I made a good racist joke out of it but thats about it. lol
I was talking about a painting the artist has done before.

The racists are having such fun with these portraits. It's like the good old days. Well fuck the bunch of you. Obama hired lots of black people in his administration and appointed a lot of black people and championed black people in every walk of life. He was giving blacks a chance to change the face of government and whatever else. There was nothing wrong or surprising about that.
A racist black artist that paints a black woman holding a white womans severed head and labels it "black empowerment"
I know. I was saying the portrait should be seen on its own merits.

I know. I was saying the portrait should be seen on its own merits.
Its hard to look past his previous works.

I wonder if he chose the most talented and experienced painter or if he rewarded one of his big donors sons with the job....

View attachment 176318

Rumor has it that the Smithsonian will place a spittoon in front of the portrait.
I heard it was going to be a urinal.

Great!

It will come with these....

81vSBQfDUhL._SL1500_.jpg

Hanoi Jane Urinal Target, Package of 10
https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00CC3XPZK/?tag=ff0d01-20

Looks ridiculous. Floating chair in flowers.
Was he President or just the gardener?
He should have only been the gardener. I hope Trump refuses to display it in the White House.

Upon sober reflection, the portrait is quite symbolic. President "Being There Chauncey The Gardner" Obama. It's Fittin'.

It is out of place since it's not the official portrait..Duh..
It's not?
No, this is it..
obama-portrait-jimmy-kimmel.jpg

U.S.
Art
Weird
Bizarre: Former President Obama's New Official Portrait Appears To Feature Sperm-Like Cell On His Forehead...

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

|

NMWD

288aa3_fc68876c3d8c4e81b6137e3117a33321~mv2.gif

Users on an anonymous image board discovered there appears to be a sperm cell drawn onto Barack Obama's forehead in his official presidential portrait, which now hangs in the Smithsonian Institution's National Portrait Gallery.

Some may simply discount it as a vein, but oddly enough the artist who painted this portrait, Kehinde Wiley, has a history of adding semen into his art:

It is out of place since it's not the official portrait..Duh..
It's not?
No, this is it..
obama-portrait-jimmy-kimmel.jpg

U.S.
Art
Weird
Bizarre: Former President Obama's New Official Portrait Appears To Feature Sperm-Like Cell On His Forehead...

Tuesday, February 13, 2018

|

NMWD

288aa3_fc68876c3d8c4e81b6137e3117a33321~mv2.gif

Users on an anonymous image board discovered there appears to be a sperm cell drawn onto Barack Obama's forehead in his official presidential portrait, which now hangs in the Smithsonian Institution's National Portrait Gallery.

Some may simply discount it as a vein, but oddly enough the artist who painted this portrait, Kehinde Wiley, has a history of adding semen into his art:

Oh, the irony

Other "official" Presidential Portraits are like this house......clean and elegant
581dc58085cfbe1f2d1a7a67f8b2d769l-m0o.jpg

Obama's "official portrait" is like this one, filthy and run down, with a load of spunk as a bonus!
c045a118a5a7632bdb9ddd30f00cd1df.jpg

Regardless of the skin color of the artist, it is a crap portrait.

Someone said it is not his official portrait, I hope that it true.

And I hope he pick(ed) a better artist for that one.

Yeah, according to New York Post this is his official painting. I dislike ti so much that I am actually praying it is not. Someone stated it is for the Smithsonian and not the WH, that's punishment enough I suppose, without insulting the WH. I dislike the photo that much.

I disagreed with many of his policies and the dirt coming out on him now for his involvement in seemingly undermining the election results, really has cost him dearly.

However, I'm a traditionalist for such things, and I'd want him to have a proper and dignified painting among the others. If the jpeg is posted is an accurate reflection of his painting relative to the others, I'm sorry, but they need to have it redone and sell the "mysterious chair behind the bush" painting on ebay or something. Give the proceeds to charity.

I agree completely. It is an embarrassment to the nation to have such a piece of crap as an official portrait of a President.

And I came to that conclusion immediately upon viewing it, before the skin color of the artist was mentioned.
It is an embarrassment to the nation to have such a piece of crap as a President, too. He can't use his skin color as an excuse, either.
I'd say from posts I've read that 90% of USMB does NOT like these portraits. Too non traditional. I like them as art, but it's true they stick out like sore thumbs as official Presidential portraits. Maybe that's Obama's final kick in the pants to all his detractors. He has good reason, imo.

I completely agree that skin color is not an excuse for being a piece of crap.

And maybe it is Obama's final kick in the pants to his detractors.

More focused on sticking it his enemies, than giving the nation a nice Presidential Portrait for it's museums and history.

That does sound like him.

Other "official" Presidential Portraits are like this house......clean and elegant
581dc58085cfbe1f2d1a7a67f8b2d769l-m0o.jpg

Obama's "official portrait" is like this one, filthy and run down, with a load of spunk as a bonus!
c045a118a5a7632bdb9ddd30f00cd1df.jpg

The rundown house is like Mooche's gray portrait.

Obabble's is more like this:

images.duckduckgo.jpg

Forum List

Back