Somehow this painting just seems out of place...

Well, we know they won't airbrush trump's portrait...
Screen-Shot-2016-08-29-at-15.18.50.png

Obama's portrait is just ridiculous. Memsaab Obama's reminds me a little bit of the works of Leo and Diane Dillon, but it's not her, and the shoulder is bigger than her head.

Guys its a modern painting, not more boring white country music that you milktoast lovers like.

That's a "modern" photo?

Sorry I don't listen to anything heavier than polka music, and my idea of a gourmet meal is tomato soup with a buttered bagel.

In all seriousness, I find it hard to believe you would be offended by our reaction to the painting, I want an argument beyond "this is modern". How is it modern to paint a guy sitting on a wooden chair Tiny Tim might sit in, with a bland green flower background for which the former president appears to be photoshopped in front of?

Even if you went with this leafy background, where is the depth in the photo? Where is the unique, detailed beauty? Honestly, I am willing to bet he doesn't like his painting. Michelles photo is more appropriate, his to me is really laughable.

Last edited:
This should help the next painter...of some old crap ass painting.

article-1025610-018ECE8B00000578-313_233x353.jpg

Obama's portrait is just ridiculous. Memsaab Obama's reminds me a little bit of the works of Leo and Diane Dillon, but it's not her, and the shoulder is bigger than her head.

Guys its a modern painting, not more boring white country music that you milktoast lovers like.

That's a "modern" photo?

Sorry I don't listen to anything heavier than polka music, and my idea of food is tomato soup with a buttered bagel.

In all seriousness, I find it hard to believe you would be offended by our reaction to the painting, I want an argument beyond "this is modern". How is it modern to paint a guy sitting on a wooden chair Tiny Tim might sit in, with a bland green flower background for which the former president appears to be photoshopped in front of?

Even if you went with this leafy background, where is the depth in the photo? Where is the unique, detailed beauty? Honestly, I am willing to bet he doesn't like his painting. Michelles photo is more appropriate, his to me is really laughable.

Who said I was "offended"? I just love the dripping racism.

That's a "modern" photo?

Sorry I don't listen to anything heavier than polka music, and my idea of food is tomato soup with a buttered bagel.

I have never referred to his race, where do you come up with this imaginary narrative? Are you projecting or something?

The green background is horrible, with no depth or beauty. It's a wall of green, maybe this was supposed to be the outfield wall at Wrigley Field, but it doesn't represent Hawaii to me. He is sitting in a wooden chair that is too small.

In short, it's not a great painting, but worse, it is the former President of the United States. He does eight years and this is what people will see 100 years from now?

Sorry, it doesn't cut it for me. Michelle's photo to me is better and more refined. This leafy background doesn't work, and I'm not sure why whoever painted this thought it was a good idea.

I love and worship Obama, but that painting of him and Michelle, sucks.....but at least he'll stand out....as if being the first and perhaps the only black president we'll ever have, couldn't have done the trick

It is out of place since it's not the official portrait..Duh..

Odd, New York Post disagrees with you:

https://nypost.com/2018/02/12/barack-and-michelle-obamas-official-portraits-unveiled/

Former President Barack Obama went gaga for Michelle Obama’s official portrait Monday — thanking the artist for capturing the former first lady’s “hotness.”

I can't lie, I think his painting is awful because of the leafy background. I have laughed at it many times, and I would laugh at it no matter who was in the photo. It is worse when compared to the others. You would have thought he would have seen the other paintings, but instead he decided "I'm gonna be that singer who turns the Star Spangled Banner" into a pop song rather than just playing it straight.

I'm gonna guess, if Obama doesn't get exposed for his hand in the Russian investigation and potentially illegal actions against the opposition leader, that his painting is redone in the future.
Maybe he knew that his portrait would stand out like a sore thumb no matter what he wore or how he was painted. A long row of 40 odd white men in their Sunday best and then....there's Obama, the black guy. Which of these is not like the other?
So maybe he just decided to go for it.
I like the portraits. I was shocked at first at how much they break the mold, but they are very interesting. A lot more interesting than the rest. Stuff to puzzle over. What does it bring to mind, the different symbolism? It's like a real piece of art instead of a boring oil painting still being done even though a photo would do much better if you just wanted to see what the Pres looked like.

https://nypost.com/2018/02/12/barack-and-michelle-obamas-official-portraits-unveiled/

Former President Barack Obama went gaga for Michelle Obama’s official portrait Monday — thanking the artist for capturing the former first lady’s “hotness.”

I can't lie, I think his painting is awful because of the leafy background. I have laughed at it many times, and I would laugh at it no matter who was in the photo. It is worse when compared to the others. You would have thought he would have seen the other paintings, but instead he decided "I'm gonna be that singer who turns the Star Spangled Banner" into a pop song rather than just playing it straight.

I'm gonna guess, if Obama doesn't get exposed for his hand in the Russian investigation and potentially illegal actions against the opposition leader, that his painting is redone in the future.
Maybe he knew that his portrait would stand out like a sore thumb no matter what he wore or how he was painted. A long row of 40 odd white men in their Sunday best and then....there's Obama, the black guy. Which of these is not like the other?
I like the portraits. I was shocked at first at how much they break the mold, but they are very interesting. A lot more interesting than the rest. Stuff to puzzle over. What does it bring to mind, the different symbolism? It's like a real piece of art instead of a boring oil painting still being done even though a photo would do much better if you just wanted to see what the Pres looked like.
I do also but the artist has issues with depth...

That's a "modern" photo?

I have never referred to his race, where do you come up with this imaginary narrative? Are you projecting or something?

The green background is horrible, with no depth or beauty. It's a wall of green, maybe this was supposed to be the outfield wall at Wrigley Field, but it doesn't represent Hawaii to me. He is sitting in a wooden chair that is too small.

In short, it's not a great painting, but worse, it is the former President of the United States. He does eight years and this is what people will see 100 years from now?

Sorry, it doesn't cut it for me. Michelle's photo to me is better and more refined. This leafy background doesn't work, and I'm not sure why whoever painted this thought it was a good idea.
otto sees racism in EVERYTHING which means he is the racist

I do also but the artist has issues with depth...
It reminded me a little of the modernists; done intentionally, I think. Like Cezanne.
maxresdefault.jpg

You're the artist, though, Moon. I could be all wrong.

Forum List

Back