Somehow this painting just seems out of place...

It is out of place since it's not the official portrait..Duh..

Odd, New York Post disagrees with you:

https://nypost.com/2018/02/12/barack-and-michelle-obamas-official-portraits-unveiled/

Former President Barack Obama went gaga for Michelle Obama’s official portrait Monday — thanking the artist for capturing the former first lady’s “hotness.”

I can't lie, I think his painting is awful because of the leafy background. I have laughed at it many times, and I would laugh at it no matter who was in the photo. It is worse when compared to the others. You would have thought he would have seen the other paintings, but instead he decided "I'm gonna be that singer who turns the Star Spangled Banner" into a pop song rather than just playing it straight.

I'm gonna guess, if Obama doesn't get exposed for his hand in the Russian investigation and potentially illegal actions against the opposition leader, that his painting is redone in the future.
Maybe he knew that his portrait would stand out like a sore thumb no matter what he wore or how he was painted. A long row of 40 odd white men in their Sunday best and then....there's Obama, the black guy. Which of these is not like the other?
So maybe he just decided to go for it.
I like the portraits. I was shocked at first at how much they break the mold, but they are very interesting. A lot more interesting than the rest. Stuff to puzzle over. What does it bring to mind, the different symbolism? It's like a real piece of art instead of a boring oil painting still being done even though a photo would do much better if you just wanted to see what the Pres looked like.
I do also but the artist has issues with depth...
It reminded me a little of the modernists; done intentionally, I think. Like Cezanne.
maxresdefault.jpg

You're the artist, though, Moon. I could be all wrong.
Hardly as there are variations of styles.....And I can enjoy the artist and their variations but that doesn't mean they don't get a critique...

Obama's portrait is just ridiculous. Memsaab Obama's reminds me a little bit of the works of Leo and Diane Dillon, but it's not her, and the shoulder is bigger than her head.

Guys its a modern painting, not more boring white country music that you milktoast lovers like.

That's a "modern" photo?

Sorry I don't listen to anything heavier than polka music, and my idea of food is tomato soup with a buttered bagel.

In all seriousness, I find it hard to believe you would be offended by our reaction to the painting, I want an argument beyond "this is modern". How is it modern to paint a guy sitting on a wooden chair Tiny Tim might sit in, with a bland green flower background for which the former president appears to be photoshopped in front of?

Even if you went with this leafy background, where is the depth in the photo? Where is the unique, detailed beauty? Honestly, I am willing to bet he doesn't like his painting. Michelles photo is more appropriate, his to me is really laughable.

Who said I was "offended"? I just love the dripping racism.
Lol, dropping the race card in 3,2,1. The portraits are horrendous, but so was the Obama presidency.

I love and worship Obama, but that painting of him and Michelle, sucks.....but at least he'll stand out....as if being the first and perhaps the only black president we'll ever have, couldn't have done the trick

Surly, the first and only from the Democratic Party.

they awarded it to the artist based on affirmative action quotas
They awarded it to the artist because he is a racist fuck. Just like them.
No, he's just black....
no--Obama hates whites and hates America
''godamn America''
Obama's Pastor: God Damn America
protecting white folks' property took priority over saving black folks' lives
More From Obama's Pastor: U.S. a Racist Superpower

Obama sent his AG to comfort the family of a black CRIMINAL that attacked a white cop
the AG is supposed to be anti-criminal !!

said a white cop acted ''stupidly''--but not the jackass black that started the crap

Obama thought he needed a black wife to succeed in politics !! BIG TIME racist
Obama 'thought he needed black wife to get to White House' | Daily Mail Online

No, he's just black....
''godamn America''

Obama sent his AG to comfort the family of a black CRIMINAL that attacked a white cop

said a white cop acted ''stupidly''--but not the jackass black that started the crap

So Oblama hated his own family? Yeah that sounds plausible but mostly improbable..

No, he's just black....
''godamn America''

So Oblama hated his own family? Yeah that sounds plausible but mostly improbable..
he hates whites--it's right there in the LINKS
let's see your proof

No, he's just black....
''godamn America''

let's see your proof
I see, so choosing a minority bride makes one racist..Yeah you run with that, but don't put yer eye out...
You do know that Oblama is half white so he can only be a discriminator? You can't be racist against yer own race...and white is not a race, it's a color...

No, he's just black....
''godamn America''

let's see your proof
I see, so choosing a minority bride makes one racist..Yeah you run with that, but don't put yer eye out...
You do know that Oblama is half white so he can only be a discriminator? You can't be racist against yer own race...and white is not a race, it's a color...
the old ''' he can't be racist cause he's black [ half white :lol::lol::lol: ]''' routine

he thinks he needs a BLACK wife to succeed --so now blacks are not a race??--then how in the heck can blacks be claiming racism--for anything!!!!????!!!
rac·ist
ˈrāsəst/
noun
  1. 1.
    a person who shows or feels discrimination or prejudice against people of other races, or who believes that a particular race is superior to another.
OBVIOUSLY he thinks a WHITE is not GOOD enough!! RACIST big time
that would be like an employer hiring a white over a black because he thinks the black will harm his business

Who knew BONOBOs have five fingers and a thumb?
Looks like MOs sex change/race change meds are finally kicking in.
In a year she'll look like Michael Jackson's kid sister.

The racists are having such fun with these portraits. It's like the good old days. Well fuck the bunch of you. Obama hired lots of black people in his administration and appointed a lot of black people and championed black people in every walk of life. He was giving blacks a chance to change the face of government and whatever else. There was nothing wrong or surprising about that.
So he hired a black artist. Big fucking deal. Get over it.

upload_2018-2-13_9-39-34.png

Puts me a little in mind of Chagall, too. Overalll, I think it was a really interesting Presidential portrait. Imagine all these folks saying "It's not Presidential!" Can we keep in mind who is currently in the White House destroying any semblance of Presidential behavior?

Forum List

Back