Someone needs to kill Yelp

Wolfstrike

Gold Member
Jan 12, 2012
Los Angeles
you have terrible companies with great reviews, and good companies with terrible reviews.
...and the idiots at Yelp think they have some kind of magic formula to decide which review stays

Not a big social media guy, but I have never found yelp of any value. They constantly call with some “great deal” to entice my company to advertise. I never do, no need with the free reviews we get from Angie’s List.

you have terrible companies with great reviews, and good companies with terrible reviews.
...and the idiots at Yelp think they have some kind of magic formula to decide which review stays

You don't need to be influenced by everything you read. The problem in America is the education is so piss poor, that most Americans just follow.

In a city that was new to me I leased an apartment in one of those huge complexes. It turned out to be a horrible place to live. At the end of the year I posted a negative review on Yelp.

I found out later that the corporation that owns that complex owns loads of similar apartment complexes in cities around the country. And they have a full time employee at their corporate office who’s job is to counter all of the negative reviews their residents (and former residents) post to online forums or review sites.

It wasn’t long before the review I posted was buried by loads of photos of their apartments along with ad copy lying about how great their apartments are. Hell, the whole thing just looked like an ad for that shithole apartment complex.

If Yelp is going to let companies counter honest reviews by burying them, then Yelp is completely worthless.

Forum List

Back