🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Something needs to be done about the Marine in Mexico

yes. he needs to go to court and plead his case, just as anyone else that breaks the law does.

To paraphrase a well-known expression from a book which once was revered and respected:

Let him who never made a wrong turn on the road demand this marine be kept in stinking Mexican jail.

Also, let him vacation in the hell hole known as Mexico. Maybe he will experience what the sergeant is experiencing, for walking the wrong way on a one way street.

i'm sorry but i have little sympathy for the guy - unless you're going to tell me that where he crossed into mexico didn't have border guards, didn't have signs, and didn't have any way for him to turn his vehicle around.

yes. he needs to go to court and plead his case, just as anyone else that breaks the law does.

To paraphrase a well-known expression from a book which once was revered and respected:

Let him who never made a wrong turn on the road demand this marine be kept in stinking Mexican jail.

Also, let him vacation in the hell hole known as Mexico. Maybe he will experience what the sergeant is experiencing, for walking the wrong way on a one way street.

i'm sorry but i have little sympathy for the guy - unless you're going to tell me that where he crossed into mexico didn't have border guards, didn't have signs, and didn't have any way for him to turn his vehicle around.

His route was retraced, repeated and videotaped by a perfectly reputable TV personality.

Her conclusion was that the signage was inadequate and road lane restrictions made it impossible to take corrective actions after he drove past the last chance to turn to return to the land of the sane.

And that is not even the issue here. The issue is that he had weapons legally bought and registered in the trunk of his car.

Did he pose a danger in the God forsaken, drug ridden land of rude and cruel and uncivilized and free-loading savages??

Once again, the leftist response to this story goes beyond the pale. Their vitriol against military is beyond belief.

So the guy made a mistake.

Does that merit torture? And beatings? And untold cruelty?

I've stated elsewhere that a quick way to get him back would be for a large group of Americans to blockade the freeway south into Mexico. Hurt 'em in the wallet and they'll have him back across the border within hours!!!

His route was retraced, repeated and videotaped by a perfectly reputable TV personality.

Her conclusion was that the signage was inadequate and road lane restrictions made it impossible to take corrective actions after he drove past the last chance to turn to return to the land of the sane.

And that is not even the issue here. The issue is that he had weapons legally bought and registered in the trunk of his car.

Did he pose a danger in the God forsaken, drug ridden land of rude and cruel and uncivilized and free-loading savages??
except they weren't in his trunk, they were loaded and not locked away (violation of California law) and it doesn't matter if they're legally his or not, they aren't allowed in mexico.

he had also already crossed into mexico that day. his 911 call was made an hour after he crossed. he didn't go through the declaration lane. there are at least 2 miles of signs and rumble strips alerting people they are approaching the border.

now i'm sorry, i just don't have a lot of sympathy for him. he'll have his day in court, and i believe that when he does we'll learn some things that don't support his innocent mistake story.
Debunking Media’s Coverage of Andrew Tahmooressi - Noticias - SanDiegoRed

Once again, the leftist response to this story goes beyond the pale. Their vitriol against military is beyond belief.

So the guy made a mistake.

Does that merit torture? And beatings? And untold cruelty?

I've stated elsewhere that a quick way to get him back would be for a large group of Americans to blockade the freeway south into Mexico. Hurt 'em in the wallet and they'll have him back across the border within hours!!!
this has nothing to do with him being former military, with the exception being that if he weren't former military there would be no media coverage or thread about it.

Last edited:

I agree. Maybe we could get something done about his release if we start deporting 100 illegal Mexican aliens who are in this country because they broke the law to be here every day until he is released.

I agree. Maybe we could get something done about his release if we start deporting 100 illegal Mexican aliens who are in this country because they broke the law to be here every day until he is released.

Wouldn't do a bit of good...It's like emptying the ocean with a coffee cup. They would be back the next day.

Immediately close the border and enforce it. THEN round them up and start deporting.

Heard him interviewed on CNN. He'd been to Mexico about 4 times recently, I can't see how he didn't know he went into Mexico.

I would care if he were a vacuum cleaner... the reason I used this story as an example is to show how unwilling the white house is to get involved in helping certain American citizens, yet someone like the soldier who leaves for the Taliban gets all the help from Obama. Doesn't make sense to me. Even if its a regular joe, if hes a citizen of the US who did NOTHING wrong, shouldn't be sitting there chained to a bed.

How do you know the WH isn't involved in trying to get him home. Do you think they would tell YOU ahead of time? :rofl:

Heard him interviewed on CNN. He'd been to Mexico about 4 times recently, I can't see how he didn't know he went into Mexico.

It depends on how you go and where you park. This marine parked in San Diego and walked to Mexico. I've done it many times, although so long ago. When he left the parking lot he got in the freeway on ramp that looked as if it was going to go back to San Diego. It made a sharp turn south instead. He had no way to get off and turn around until he reached the check point.

I must say, ever since the story of the Marine being chained to a bed in a Mexican jail came out, I've been furious. Here is why:
A. Obama has not mentioned this at all, and has not acknowledged that he will do anything about this
B. This man is a citizen of our country who did nothing wrong, and the gov cold easily step in to get this man free
C. Obama just illegally traded 5 of the most evil inmates at gitmo and put them back into the hands of the taliban, putting our lives at risk, for someone who willingly left his troops, which in result led 6 men to die looking for him

What do you think?
La vida es muy chingada.

It depends on how you go and where you park. This marine parked in San Diego and walked to Mexico. I've done it many times, although so long ago. When he left the parking lot he got in the freeway on ramp that looked as if it was going to go back to San Diego. It made a sharp turn south instead. He had no way to get off and turn around until he reached the check point.

nope. that's not true. he had multiple exits, a u-turn lane, and a declarations lane he could have gone to.

he chose none of those options and instead drove right into mexico with his guns sitting next to him.

The Marine in jail had a telephone interview with CNN this morning. During the interview he would only say that the Mexicans are lying and it's all a mistake. How is it a mistake to enter Mexico with guns and ammunition? He would never disclose the how or why he ended up in Mexico with the weapons and ammo.
Something does not seem right on the issue and why he was in Mexico, by mistake...

Last edited:

nope. that's not true. he had multiple exits, a u-turn lane, and a declarations lane he could have gone to.

he chose none of those options and instead drove right into mexico with his guns sitting next to him.

No. He didn't. He did miss the U turn lane, but this check point does not have any US agents, only Mexicans. The main checkpoint going into Tijuana has a declarations lane, but this one does not. There are no exits if you miss the Uturn. There was a sign, but it was very small and covered with graffiti. It has since been replaced by a larger one.

No. He didn't. He did miss the U turn lane, but this check point does not have any US agents, only Mexicans. The main checkpoint going into Tijuana has a declarations lane, but this one does not. There are no exits if you miss the Uturn. There was a sign, but it was very small and covered with graffiti. It has since been replaced by a larger one.
i'm sorry, you're mistaken. there is a declaration lane. it's on the far right.
http://www.sandiegored.com/noticias/52955/Debunking-Media-s-Coverage-of-Andrew-Tahmooressi/
http://www.bajabound.com/before/driving/xborder.php

why would there ever be a border crossing without a way to declare?

Last edited:

So your impression of Mexico citizens is they are lazy and don't work? Funny thing is, I've been to Mexico several times and every job was done by a Mexican, to include children selling gum on the streets.

Forum List

Back