Something really dark is going on

Thanks for the well thought out reply.

We as a people want simple, easy to package answers for things like this. But life rarely works that way.

Look at the states that had the highest increases...

South Dakota +33%
Vermont +32%
Arkansas +26%
Rhode Island +26%
Connecticut +22%
Mississippi +19%
Georgia +18%

Was there really a large reduction in law enforcement in places like South Dakota and Arkansas due to the anti-police rhetoric? I guess it is possible, but it seems unlikely to me.

Then break down things a bit more....

• Fatalities in speeding-related crashes up 17%
  • Fatalities in alcohol-impaired driving crashes up 14%
  • Unrestrained passenger vehicle occupant fatalities up 14%

If I were a betting man I would say that people were so fed up with being cooped up that being in their car might have been the time they were finally able to be free and thus they said fuck it and were not as diligent as they should have been. Remember that the number of traffic crashes and people injured were down in 2020 while deaths went up.

Interesting breakdown.

Not sure if I buy the cooked up theory as no one was really getting out in 2020 but it certainly shows the law enforcement one is insufficient as well.

It is really odd that traffic deaths would spike so hard. I do not see a real reason it would.

I think you missed one of the more pertinent figures as well from your first link:
Fatalities in urban areas up 8.5%

Those would be the most effected by campaigns against policing and yet not nearly as high as Arkansas where I doubt there was any effect at all. It is rather funny though that your second link essentially calls for the exact same thing that Tucker did, increased policing, but does so from a hard left bent and demands 'equitable' policing in minority areas. Another example of 2 extremes somehow meeting.

Just a reminder, Pete Buttigieg, United States Secretary of Transportation, is a Groomer.

1650750329797.png

Shame that the Trumpies are focused on calling everyone groomers and pedophiles

We call groomers groomers. We actually want to protect children. Democrats just want to kill them by abortion and groom the ones that survive

Forum List

Back