BREAKING: Supreme Court rules Trump is entitled to some immunity in Jan. 6 case

You didn't think shit through did you? It's not nice or a good thing to weaponized the justice system. It's going to bite you in the ass next year.

It is not going to bite me, it will not change my life one iota. But you can damn sure bet that future Dems presidents will take full advantage of having full and total immunity for any and all "official actions".

By that time I will no longer be living in this country and you morons can deal with what you brought forth to protect you god.

This institutionalized the idea. As I note, giving even more power to the government. A really bad idea.
More power implies NEW POWERS. Please cite these new powers that previous president's didn't have.
Keep in Mind Obama even MURDERED US citizens overseas and Clinton murdered them in Waco.

So what new powers?

But the intention was the the President not be subject to prosecution unless impeached by the House and removed from office by the Senate. Nobody else is given authority to remove a President or prosecute him in his official duties. That was certainly the position of the Founders who wrote and signed the Constitution.

And with this SCOTUS ruling today, it is clear that nobody can prosecute him for anything he does in his official duties after he leaves office without the impeachment process and Senate trial first coming into play. While several presidents have now been impeached, not one was ever removed from office by the Senate.

The transition was for a change from President to non-President to facilitate criminal prosecution.

It does not limit prosecution once they have vacated office for unofficial acts.

The GOP Majority Leader in the above video makes this very clear.
There appears to be as Catch-22. A President can't be prosecuted while in office because he's President. An ex-President can't be prosecuted once out of office because he wasn't impeached for unofficial acts that may not have even been known about while in office but can't be impeached once he's out of office.

WW

It is not going to bite me, it will not change my life one iota. But you can damn sure bet that future Dems presidents will take full advantage of having full and total immunity for any and all "official actions".

By that time I will no longer be living in this country and you morons can deal with what you brought forth to protect you god.
In a normal time, I'd say this hands the Dems a gift for the campaign.

But I really don't think most people give a shit at this point. That's just where we are.

In a normal time, I'd say this hands the Dems a gift for the campaign.

But I really don't think most people give a shit at this point. That's just where we are.

Will not be blip, but it might make his followers even more rabid as they know now he can do damn near anything he wants with immunity

Oh snap!!!

View attachment 969963

5 min ago

Scathing Sotomayor dissent: "The President is now a king above the law"​

Justice Sonia Sotomayor did not hold back in her dissent.

“Let the President violate the law, let him exploit the trappings of his office for personal gain, let him use his official power for evil ends. Because if he knew that he may one day face liability for breaking the law, he might not be as bold and fearless as we would like him to be. That is the majority’s message today. Even if these nightmare scenarios never play out, and I pray they never do, the damage has been done. The relationship between the President and the people he serves has shifted irrevocably. In every use of official power, the President is now a king above the law.”
“Orders the Navy’s Seal Team 6 to assassinate a political rival? Immune. Organizes a military coup to hold onto power? Immune. Takes a bribe in exchange for a pardon? Immune. Immune, immune, immune.”
“Let the President violate the law, let him exploit the trappings of his office for personal gain, let him use his official power for evil ends. Because if he knew that he may one day face liability for breaking the law, he might not be as bold and fearless as we would like him to be. That is the majority’s message today.”
Sotomayor deserves to be sanctioned by the Supreme court.

The transition was for a change from President to non-President to facilitate criminal prosecution.

It does not limit prosecution once they have vacated office for unofficial acts.

The GOP Majority Leader in the above video makes this very clear.
There appears to be as Catch-22. A President can't be prosecuted while in office because he's President. An ex-President can't be prosecuted once out of office because he wasn't impeached for unofficial acts that may not have even been known about while in office but can't be impeached once he's out of office.

WW

Well the Supreme Court pretty much correctly concluded Mitch doesn't know what he is talking about.

Been a really crappy week for the Left.
1719854666259.gif

Forum List

Back