SOURCE: Shutdown Agreement Reached, Announcement Set for 1PM

... Even with the CAVE the Trump is better than ALL the other 'repubs' and certainly better than 'illary'... '

I disagree. With this cave he has become just another Lilly pad in the DC swamp. Nothing more. Nothing less.
---------------------------------- well 'hilary' or biden run against Trump in 2020 . Only good option might be to not vote or go third party i guess Aneth .

well 'hilary' or biden run against Trump in 2020 . Only good option might be to not vote or go third party i guess Aneth .

That was the only good option in 2016. That’s why I wrote my own name in for POTUS in 2012 and 2016 after voting for a third party candidate in 2098.

well 'hilary' or biden run against Trump in 2020 . Only good option might be to not vote or go third party i guess Aneth .

That was the only good option in 2016. That’s why I wrote my own name in for POTUS in 2012 and 2016 after voting for a third party candidate in 2098.
----------------------------------------- i've done similar with 'gwb' , mcstain and romney but i did vote for Trump .

well, 3 weeks is ticking away . I still don't like the President Trump Cave but going to have to see what he does next . I'll still vote for him in 2020 plus happy that i did vote for him . Even with the CAVE the Trump is better than ALL the other 'repubs' and certainly better than 'illary' . Time to see what he does next !! Course i say that while speculating if the Trump isn't just another enemy President of the American people and also part of the Deep State and normal 'gop' rino way of doing things .
'
The negotiations have not yet ended. Trump did not cave, and we will likely see a government shut down because Schumer, the serial liar, had promised to have the coming committee negotiate on a wall and now he says he will not accept a wall.

Trump is going to use this as justification for declaring a natioonal emergency along our porous Southern Border which has caused more death and suffering than Hurricane Maria.

well, 3 weeks is ticking away . I still don't like the President Trump Cave but going to have to see what he does next . I'll still vote for him in 2020 plus happy that i did vote for him . Even with the CAVE the Trump is better than ALL the other 'repubs' and certainly better than 'illary' . Time to see what he does next !! Course i say that while speculating if the Trump isn't just another enemy President of the American people and also part of the Deep State and normal 'gop' rino way of doing things .
'
The negotiations have not yet ended. Trump did not cave, and we will likely see a government shut down because Schumer, the serial liar, had promised to have the coming committee negotiate on a wall and now he says he will not accept a wall.

Trump is going to use this as justification for declaring a natioonal emergency along our porous Southern Border which has caused more death and suffering than Hurricane Maria.
Not getting the opposition party to see things your way is not grounds for a national emergency.

I can not disagree with you on this. For whatever reason he might have had, Trump did the right thing. The Dems should be happy, but instead they use it to attack even more...and then people wonder why our country is going down the shitter.
We don’t wonder! The country is going down the shitter because of democrats! Need evidence? Look at their states and cities!
Yea...I'm getting out of the hellhole of New York with it's great education and culture and health care and jumping on a plane...to Alabama

Try Mississippi or Louisiana, now that is culture bigly.
Nawlins is the bomb. I could do Baton Rouge but my wife ... not.

Jackson Miss was ok, but the past 20 years have not been kind. The Gulf Coast is not a bad place after the post-karina rebuild.

I don't know of many good places in Ala. Huntsville, Muscle Shoals ..... I could do Point Clear, but my wife .. not

I'm many ways even New Orleans has never recovered from Katrina! I know I worked down there afterwards and went back 2 years ago when my son was living there. It ain't like it was pre Katrina!

Very poor analogy. There is no meaningful way in which "New Orleans has never recovered from Katrina". And I've worked there consistently before and after the event and lived there a dozen years. But if you have a case of specifics, bring 'em on.

The difference between business and government: business is a dog eat dog world. and government is exactly the reverse!

For once, you've hit the nail on the head.

As was noted most recently during the Romney candidacy, voting for a POTUS candidate on the basis that he made a splash in business, simply does not logically follow. Government exists to protect and benefit the People at its own expense; Business exists by exploiting the People at their expense.. The two work for opposing goals.

The difference between business and government: business is a dog eat dog world. and government is exactly the reverse!

As was noted most recently during the Romney candidacy, voting for a POTUS candidate on the basis that he made a splash in business, simply does not logically follow. Government exists to protect and benefit the People at its own expense; Business exists by exploiting the People at their expense.. The two work for opposing goals.
hell has frozen over!

The President's plan is to declare a national emergency in three weeks, not shut down the government again.

where did this come from?

And i keep reading about this 'smart wall'>>>>

Democrats Reportedly Plan to Offer Trump Billions for So-Called Smart Wall

wuts the 411? Is this the 'deal'....?

~S~
He said in his announcement this afternoon that if at the end of the three weeks, the committee they are forming has not come to an agreement, he will declare a national emergency.

Well it would seem Trump did not understand ultimatums don't work for his the first time , so it's illogical of him to assume it will a 2nd time

~S~

Have to agree. Far as I'm concerned this whole power trip wasn't about "Republicans" and "Democrats" "winning" or "losing" --- it was about the adults rendering a teachable moment to a man-child with the lesson that just because you stomp around the grocery store throwing a tantrum, doesn't mean they're going to capitulate and give you the candy bar you demand.

But that doesn't mean Rump will actually learn anything from that lesson. He certainly never has before.

hell has frozen over!

Well hell, when you post a constant stream of positions from all over the map it's inevitable that one will hit the mark. Give enough monkeys enough typewriters for a long enough time and they'll write Macbeth.

'

After the tongue lashing and defections that McConnell got...for a fight he never wanted in the first place (over a Wall that came from the warped mind of Roger Stone) There's no way the Senate will vote for a shut down.

After the tongue lashing and defections that McConnell got...for a fight he never wanted in the first place (over a Wall that came from the warped mind of Roger Stone) There's no way the Senate will vote for a shut down.

The Senate doe snot have to vote for a shutdown, doofus.

All that has to happen is for Trump to refuse to sign or veto any appropriations bill he thinks is deficient.

Then the Senate has to over-ride the veto with a tow thirds majority, and Trump is too popular in the GOP for them to find enough idiot RINOs to stab their own party in the back.

Bad poll numbers, airport problems and workers who don't want to work for free have forced Trump to concede to Democrats led by Nancy Pelosi:
Trump to speak after tentative deal to end shutdown is reached

From what I see it's a 3 week continuance.

Let's see if the Dems will actually negotiate now, or will they just keep demanding their way or the highway.
Correct me if I'm wrong, but isn't Trump's position 'my way or the highway'?

Shutting down the government is not the way political agendas are accomplished in this nation. Autocracies maybe, but not in a nation with three coequal branches of government. Shutting down the government is not the way to advance legislation either. And neither is declaring a National Emergency when no such emergency exists.

When a Democrat once again sits in the Oval Office, would it be appropriate to declare gun violence a National Emergency? Climate change? Wealth disparity? These three issues pose a much more dire and immediate threat to national security. A couple thousand foot sore Guatemalans can't threaten the security of the United States anymore than the Kiwanis or the Rotary Clubs can.

How many shutdowns have we had before over political fighting? This isn't anything new.

And how many National Emergencies have been declared in the past?

The difference with this one is building a wall doesn't impact any of my rights. not. a. single. one.

It's funny that people like you are responsible for the breakdown of our civic discourse by calling anyone opposed to you evil via an "ist/ic" route, and then wonder why everything is so nasty nowadays.

Welcome to the fire you started, morons.
You inferred 'evil', I did not imply 'evil'. I find that curious. Does 'evil' have a constant, nagging presence in your world? Is trafficing in evil something your political ideology encourages?

As for the wall infringing on your rights, unless you're a property owner on the border or you prefer to look out on scenic vistas without the imposition of a wall (don't fence me in), you're right. But if you had an appreciation of our American values of justice and opportunity for all, the wall represents a gash to your heart.

Did you note the "people like you" qualifier I used?

When you play the "ist/ic" card you are using them as a proxy for evil. Don't try to deny it.

Eminent domain is a constitutional power given to the government. Yet I don't see you bitching when some landower isn't allowed the fruit of their property because some snail-darter happens to live in proximity to it.

Bad poll numbers, airport problems and workers who don't want to work for free have forced Trump to concede to Democrats led by Nancy Pelosi:

Let's see if the Dems will actually negotiate now, or will they just keep demanding their way or the highway.
By "negotiate", do you mean giving Trump the wall you want?

Pelosi is on record as saying she would negotiate if the government re-opened. It's gonna be re-opened for three week. lets see if she was being truthful or not.

My bet is on not.

He has already made his strongest move and it failed. Ms. Pelosi will toss him a shiny bone to show to his base. Maybe a big bone.

His strongest move would be using the National Emergency route.

Trump is the one holding the nation hostage with “my way or the highway.”

it takes two to tango, and the Dems not budging on border security makes them just as guilty for the shutdown.

But your partisan twat-hack addled mind makes you unable to see anything beyond "ORANGE MAN BAD"

Do you think that the Republicans will finally get their act together and sign a bill to build that damn wall?!?!??

If they want their party to even have a chance in 2020, they sure as hell better.

By "negotiate", do you mean giving Trump the wall you want?

Pelosi is on record as saying she would negotiate if the government re-opened. It's gonna be re-opened for three week. lets see if she was being truthful or not.

My bet is on not.
Negotiate does not necessarily mean he gets his wall even though you seem to think so.

Right now it does, even if he only gets a smaller one.

Do you see him not getting at least something out of this?

He may not get 5.7 billion, but he would probably settle for 2 billion.

Trump is the one holding the nation hostage with “my way or the highway.”

it takes two to tango, and the Dems not budging on border security makes them just as guilty for the shutdown.

But your partisan twat-hack addled mind makes you unable to see anything beyond "ORANGE MAN BAD"
Democrats are holding the position of their constituents, who are against rebuilding the wall. That’s their job.

Forum List

Back