Sources: GOP senators preparing for McConnell retirement

RhodyPatriot

Diamond Member
Aug 28, 2022
If this is true, preliminary dynamics look like it could come down to an internecine battle for leadership between John Cornyn (TX) and Rick Scott (FL).

I hope to hell fate favors Scott.

Replace McConnell with Cornyn, and you may as well not replace him at all.

If this is true, preliminary dynamics look like it could come down to an internecine battle for leadership between John Cornyn (TX) and Rick Scott (FL).

Which is why Cornyn will be his replacement. Scott is a moron.

Proof that leftoids fear Scott.
By all means, no one on the left is afraid of Scott. But if Republicans choose him to succeed McConnell, there's no going back.
The party may as well just change their name to the Alt-Right Party...ARP....:auiqs.jpg:

There's no coming back from that.

You may be correct, but it won't be because Scott is a moron.

It will be because the Uni-Party Globalist Vampire Squid still has a vice like grip on the Establishment GOP, particularly in the Senate.
He's a complete retard. And he'll be the sure death of Republicans in the Senate.
He doesn't have McConnell's touch at keeping the coalition together.

Rick Scott ain't the play dude.

Maybe, maybe not - but he's a million times better than McConnell.

Everyone on the Left (who get their opinion from the MSM) blames Trump for the lackluster performance in the mid terms, but the truth is it was McConnell who interfered and cut off funding for MAGA candidates again and again.

McConnell is a neocon globalist, and replacing him with the likes of Cornyn is what inevitable continues the legacy of failure.

Not getting in fresh blood from a state where the GOP have a supermajority and embrace MAGA.

Maybe, maybe not - but he's a million times better than McConnell.

Everyone on the Left (who get their opinion from the MSM) blames Trump for the lackluster performance in the mid terms, but the truth is it was McConnell who interfered and cut off funding for MAGA candidates again and again.

McConnell is a neocon globalist, and replacing him with the likes of Cornyn is what inevitable continues the legacy of failure.

Not getting in fresh blood from a state where the GOP have a supermajority and embrace MAGA.
I don't think Scott will be any less of a puppet.

I don't think Scott will be any less of a puppet.

It's possible, but he's already demonstrated he's willing to challenge the old guard and has proposed new ways forward dating back months ago.

Who would you choose who's already there, that the rest of the GOP Senate would actually vote for?

My ideal would be JD Vance, but he's brand new and that's just not going to happen.

Rand Paul? Again, that would be epic - but not realistic.

Scott strikes the right foray with enough Senators while being cozy with the MAGA contingent.

He may be the best shot.

Now here's my cynicism: Cornyn will probably win anyway, because most GOP Senators are establishment toadies who would sell out their own mothers.

Still, if McConnell's departure is truly imminent, I can't help but accept that as welcome news.

I'm sure there will be a lot of jockeying going on to fill McConnell's shoes if he does retire but as recently as today he says he will be returning to the Senate shortly. Of course Fetterman also says that so it's anybody's guess what will actually happen.

As for McConnell he has been heavily criticized and even condemned by many Patriots as he is definitely an old guard Republican and holds to that ideology rejecting much of the reform minded MAGA vision and making it pretty obvious he dislikes and opposes Trump.

In his defense he has engineered some excellent legislation over the years and he pretty much single handedly kept Merrick Garland off the Supreme Court. With what we know about Garland now, that alone should merit McConnell some sincere praise.

Like the Speaker, the Senate majority leader must be able to negotiate, twist arms, be a master at gaining consensus and fund raising and few senators in either party possess that skill set. His shoes will be very big shoes to fill.

Forum List

Back