South Dakota Lawmaker Says Businesses Should Be Allowed To Ban Colored People

So a sitting South Dakota lawmaker recently voiced his belief that businesses should be able to discriminate against people of color. Obviously this guy saw the recent Supreme Court ruling as a green light to go full racist -- and more and more openly racist/bigoted people are feeling more embolden to run for office (mainly as Republicans).

so my question is -- How many people here wish the Civil Rights bill was never passed?

Because essentially, to try to argue that businesses should be allowed to discriminate on the basis of race is saying you are against the Civil Rights Act.

From the article:
In an interview with the Leader, Clark said he believed that business owners should be able to turn away certain customers if they would otherwise violate their religious beliefs.

"If it’s truly his strongly based belief, he should be able to turn them away," Clark told the Leader. "People shouldn’t be able to use their minority status to bully a business."

It's stunning to me that an elected state lawmaker- no matter what the state - can be so ignorant as to not know what the Civil Rights Act is and does.

Here in my state, a company can hire you for any reason. They can also fire you for any reason. Blacks ban white people all the time. Don't say why. Businesses can ban you for no shirt, no shoes, no business, no money, bad language, foul odor. If any business don't want me as their customer, then I don't want them for my business, don't need a reason why. I'm sick and tired of 50,000 laws telling everyone what they can and can't do right down to how they choose to run their business or lives. You gotta figure that if someone needs a law to FORCE you to do business with them, then the problem must be WITH YOU.

So a sitting South Dakota lawmaker recently voiced his belief that businesses should be able to discriminate against people of color. Obviously this guy saw the recent Supreme Court ruling as a green light to go full racist -- and more and more openly racist/bigoted people are feeling more embolden to run for office (mainly as Republicans).

so my question is -- How many people here wish the Civil Rights bill was never passed?

Because essentially, to try to argue that businesses should be allowed to discriminate on the basis of race is saying you are against the Civil Rights Act.

From the article:
In an interview with the Leader, Clark said he believed that business owners should be able to turn away certain customers if they would otherwise violate their religious beliefs.

"If it’s truly his strongly based belief, he should be able to turn them away," Clark told the Leader. "People shouldn’t be able to use their minority status to bully a business."

It's stunning to me that an elected state lawmaker- no matter what the state - can be so ignorant as to not know what the Civil Rights Act is and does.

Biff_Poindexter

"Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.

Where in the article does it state that this lawmaker said it was okay to discriminate against people of color?

This is what you quoted him saying,

This BS of making up misleading headlines is getting old. Then you get the knee jerk reactionaries that don't read anything but the headlines and they fall right in line with the crap, sad.

Business owners can ban homeless people. People that are loud and obnoxious. Smelly people. People with dogs. People with kids that scream nonstop or change their pampers on the floor, smokers, drug addicts, etc. Its their business. They should be allowed to ban whomever they want since they are the ones paying the overhead.
The heights that closet racists will go to justify discrimination against people who don't belong to their demographic is adorable.

but again....be the same ones to clutch the pearls and fall on the fainting couch because their coffee cup said Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas..

White privilege is fun

Here in my state, a company can hire you for any reason. They can also fire you for any reason. Blacks ban white people all the time. Don't say why. Businesses can ban you for no shirt, no shoes, no business, no money, bad language, foul odor. If any business don't want me as their customer, then I don't want them for my business, don't need a reason why. I'm sick and tired of 50,000 laws telling everyone what they can and can't do right down to how they choose to run their business or lives. You gotta figure that if someone needs a law to FORCE you to do business with them, then the problem must be WITH YOU.
Still waiting for the link of black businesses banning whites

Also waiting for the link of businesses firing people for being black, Hispanic, etc?

Until then, this is just more desperate reaching by racists -- no wonder yall hate threads like this -- you can't help but to look stupid on them.

This stupid man needs to change his career to that of a Blues Brother. ALP_3470.jpg

Michael Clark - R
Profession: Technical Support
City of residence: Hartford, SD

Doesn't have to be a business. How about a prom? A movie? You can deflect all you wish, but it happens on the other end of the spectrum as well and if you claim otherwise....yer a liar.

Still waiting for the link.....

I have been waiting for your link, in the OP when you quote an article you are supposed to provide a link to the article and you failed to do that. So, now I wonder why you think you can demand links when you yourself don't follow the TOS.

This BS of making up misleading headlines is getting old. Then you get the knee jerk reactionaries that don't read anything but the headlines and they fall right in line with the crap, sad.
You may not know this, but when people give interviews -- they say more than a few words -- they say multiple things -- and one can take multiple quotes from them -- He said both of those quotes in the same interview idiot..he also already apologized for saying what he said, idiot...but you keep on letting your racism shine thru, and I am going to keep on making a fool out of you

Doesn't have to be a business. How about a prom? A movie? You can deflect all you wish, but it happens on the other end of the spectrum as well and if you claim otherwise....yer a liar.

I have been waiting for your link, in the OP when you quote an article you are supposed to provide a link to the article and you failed to do that. So, now I wonder why you think you can demand links when you yourself don't follow the TOS.

The link is comment #53 -- I am new to the forum so I can't post links until I have been a member for 72 hours -- but the link is in comment #53

...but we all know that even when you read the link and see he said exactly what I quoted -- you will still deflect.

Wait. Are you trying to tell us these people attacking the civil rights activists in this photo are liberals? BWA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA-HA!

Oh, man. Priceless.

lunch_counter6.jpg

Definitely democrats.....and democrats have been progressive since at least Woodrow Wilson....you tell me.

Progressive in terms of economic policies -- arguing for a stronger central government and fighting for anti-trust legislation and labor rights -- but as far as Civil Rights -- neither party cared too much about changing that until much later -- and yes, it was the progressives who pushed that.

All I ask one of you conservatives to do is just find me one prominent conservative politician during that time who was outspoken against Jim Crow laws

So you agree they were progressives...thank you
and yes conservative republicans did promote civil rights
on the conservative...
Bob Taft, Everett Dirksen, Dwight Eisenhower....I win

Last edited:

You may not know this, but when people give interviews -- they say more than a few words -- they say multiple things -- and one can take multiple quotes from them -- He said both of those quotes in the same interview idiot..he also already apologized for saying what he said, idiot...but you keep on letting your racism shine thru, and I am going to keep on making a fool out of you

You may not know this but if you are quoting on this board the TOS requires a link to whom you are quoting dummy. When you don't provide the link nor the info I am not going to run around and do your research.

You have yet to make a fool out of anyone other than yourself for not following the TOS.

In fact, this is what the admin posted in your first post, dummy!

"Copyright. Link Each "Copy & Paste" to It's Source. Only paste a small to medium section of the material.

Business owners can ban homeless people. People that are loud and obnoxious. Smelly people. People with dogs. People with kids that scream nonstop or change their pampers on the floor, smokers, drug addicts, etc. Its their business. They should be allowed to ban whomever they want since they are the ones paying the overhead.
The heights that closet racists will go to justify discrimination against people who don't belong to their demographic is adorable.

but again....be the same ones to clutch the pearls and fall on the fainting couch because their coffee cup said Happy Holidays instead of Merry Christmas..

White privilege is fun
racist this, racist that. :blahblah:

The link is comment #53 -- I am new to the forum so I can't post links until I have been a member for 72 hours -- but the link is in comment #53

...but we all know that even when you read the link and see he said exactly what I quoted -- you will still deflect.

You know no such thing, you ignorant poster that come on here thinking you know what the position of every person on here is a testimony to your bigotry and just wanting to troll. I real hate bigots such as yourself.

Oh noes! The republicans and libertarians want to bring back slavery! :rolleyes-41: Quit being such a douche, will ya?
No, they want to bring back discrimination and have it sanctioned by the taxpayer funded economic infrastructure -- they lost then and they will keep losing -- no matter how many times they keep asking "why cant I discriminate against a couple of darkies?? -- they can do it too"

You know no such thing, you ignorant poster that come on here thinking you know what the position of every person on here is a testimony to your bigotry and just wanting to troll. I real hate bigots such as yourself.
I know you been advocating for discrimination since you been on this thread -- aint my problem you quacking and walking like a racist duck -- a cucked duck at that

Oh, I see you shut the fuck up about that link --- I guess you must have read it huh? Adorable.

And what did I say you were going to do? Keep deflecting...

Right again...

Humans 7, Racists 0

I know you been advocating for discrimination since you been on this thread -- aint my problem you quacking and walking like a racist duck -- a cucked duck at that

Dumbo, what have I posted that has advocated discrimination? I asked for a link to your damn story. I asked for you to adhere to the TOS of this board. You are pretty dumb.

Forum List

Back