Southern Baptist head vows never to perform same-sex unions

They're desperate to keep membership, which has been falling fast.

Southern Baptist head vows never to perform same-sex unions

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The president of the nation's largest Protestant denomination on Tuesday vowed never to officiate at a same-sex union, and the Southern Baptist Convention called on the U.S. Supreme Court not to declare a constitutional right to same-sex marriage.

Pastor Ronnie Floyd was speaking to delegates at the convention's annual meeting in Columbus, Ohio. But he said his message was also for the U.S. Supreme Court — which is expected to rule within days on same-sex marriage — and for all of America.

Floyd said he has compassion for people whom he described as struggling with same-sex attraction, but he said it would be wrong to remain silent on the issue.

"America: We stand believing that marriage is the uniting of one man and one woman in a covenant commitment for a lifetime," Floyd said to a standing ovation from the 5,000 people in attendance. "We do not need to redefine what God himself has defined already."

<more>

LOL- and?

he can refuse to marry Jews too........

No church can be forced to marry anyone that they don't want to marry.

Jews cannot get married by Catholic Priests.

And so what.
The fuck you can't force them to marry gays. Countries that are actually in the 21st century like those in Scandinavia don't allow churches to discriminate like this.

Scandinavia considers itself bound by the US Constitution?
Hence what I said about being in the 21st century, Not the 18th. But go on rationalizing discrimination you shitlord.

Then by all means move.
Fuck you bigot. The tide is turning with gay marriage and people will come to grow sick of your backwards ass discriminatory churches as well.

The problem the anti-gay marriage faction faces is that over the last dozen years support for gay marriage among Christians has more than doubled.

The problem, Flopper, are things like this. And you drone on about gay marriage. This just goes to show you how disgusting it gets.

And how does that relate to the issue of gay marriage?

Agreed. What exactly is the problem with a boy dancing?

LOL- and?

he can refuse to marry Jews too........

No church can be forced to marry anyone that they don't want to marry.

Jews cannot get married by Catholic Priests.

And so what.
The fuck you can't force them to marry gays. Countries that are actually in the 21st century like those in Scandinavia don't allow churches to discriminate like this.

Scandinavia considers itself bound by the US Constitution?
Hence what I said about being in the 21st century, Not the 18th. But go on rationalizing discrimination you shitlord.

Then by all means move.
Fuck you bigot. The tide is turning with gay marriage and people will come to grow sick of your backwards ass discriminatory churches as well.

Very nice irony.

Last edited:

Nothing, as long as you don't mind children twerking at a gay pride parade. Some of us mind though. It's a difference of personal values.

Some people think of children as commodities and some don't: New LGBT Plan For Michigan Orphanages Give Us The Kids Or We ll Wreck The Place US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum

I never said that, that quote belongs to someone else.

There is plenty wrong with asking a 12 year old boy to twerk for a bunch of gay men. This kind of behavior only throws the "I'm born with it" argument out the window.

There is plenty wrong with asking a 12 year old boy to twerk for a bunch of gay men. This kind of behavior only throws the "I'm born with it" argument out the window.

Sorry, I know you didn't say that. It's tricky when erasing multiquotes sometimes. I changed the post.

Sorry, I know you didn't say that. It's tricky when erasing multiquotes sometimes. I changed the post.

No worries. :)

Three things bother me about this thread and the world at large.

1. This southern baptist minister said what he said.

2. A very metro looking mellenial just shot up a southern baptist church a couple of days after.

3. On last night's MSNBC Maddow show, just she and no other anchor on any other network I could find (I was flipping around a lot to get the whole story) had the 21 year old man's face blurred out on all the frontal shots. Maddow has assured all of us time and again that basically the huge majority of millenial kids are full-boar in support of gay marriage.

What do you make of that? Probably nothing. I just thought it was very odd just her show blurred the guy's face. And it struck me that a southern white racist millenial might not necessarily be anti-gay marriage...

The problem the anti-gay marriage faction faces is that over the last dozen years support for gay marriage among Christians has more than doubled.

The problem, Flopper, are things like this. And you drone on about gay marriage. This just goes to show you how disgusting it gets.

Dancing is evil.

2. A very metro looking mellenial just shot up a southern baptist church a couple of days after.

3. On last night's MSNBC Maddow show, just she and no other anchor on any other network I could find (I was flipping around a lot to get the whole story) had the 21 year old man's face blurred out on all the frontal shots. Maddow has assured all of us time and again that basically the huge majority of millenial kids are full-boar in support of gay marriage.

What do you make of that? Probably nothing. I just thought it was very odd just her show blurred the guy's face. And it struck me that a southern white racist millenial might not necessarily be anti-gay marriage...

Once more, so perhaps you will actually grasp this fact, the church in Charleston where the 9 people were murdered by the racist prick is NOT a Southern Baptist Church.

Absolutely nothing.
The guy was not there to kill Baptists. A law enforcement official said witnesses told authorities the gunman stood up and said he was there "to shoot black people." No connection with the gay marriage issue. Try again.

Dancing is evil.

Yea seriously, these bigots will latch onto anything. What's the big deal with a boy dancing? Video looks perfectly normal to me, its 2015, these homophobes need to get with the times.

The date of the announcement of the Southern Baptist Church leadership was June 16, 2015. The mass shooting at a church in the south happened the next day, by a very dapper and dandy looking young man who drove a hyundai sedan. But only after he sat in the Bible study group for an hour, before he got up and shot mostly women, and then left. His motive for the shooting was supposedly because a friend said he disagreed with blacks raping white women. And I do wonder if after that hour, he rose up and shot six women in their middle age or elder years because he believed they were the prime suspects (at a church) to have had "raped white women".

Now then my next question would be if, given the announcement just 24 hours before, by the leadership of this church's "southern sister", the baptist church, if that announcement and subsequent discussion was happening in that Bible study group? You have to wonder because the announcement was 1. Important 2. Bold and 3. Extremely recent and 4. Impacting upon Christians in general. I imagine it was brought up at the meeing. Whether or not it set our tender-looking boy-man into a rage and caused him to draw his weapon after the hour he was in church, hard to say. I imagine though that asking the witnesses what the discussions were about that day in the study group might be a clue as to the gunman's behaviors.

by a very dapper and dandy looking young man who drove a hyundai sedan..

Really?

'a very dapper and dandy looking young man'? 'a hyundai sedan'?

What the hell do you have against dapper young men- or what does that have to do with anything other than your obsession with homosexuals?

The shooter is a murderer- he probably murdered based upon racial motivations but I don't know that- but there is absolutely nothing to indicate that his murderous rampage had anything to do with him being 'dapper' or driving a 'hyundai sedan'.

These are the children of your people
images

by a very dapper and dandy looking young man who drove a hyundai sedan..

Really?...'a very dapper and dandy looking young man'? 'a hyundai sedan'? ...What the hell do you have against dapper young men- or what does that have to do with anything other than your obsession with homosexuals?...The shooter is a murderer- he probably murdered based upon racial motivations but I don't know that- but there is absolutely nothing to indicate that his murderous rampage had anything to do with him being 'dapper' or driving a 'hyundai sedan'.

Except maybe this...
Missouri State Sen. Maria Chappelle-Nadali (D) calls for a “race war”
On MSNBC’s “The Last Word with Lawrence O’Donnell,” Missouri State Senator Maria Chappelle-Nadali, a Democrat, calls the riots a “race war” that’s long-time coming. In doing so, the senator in effect deems the riots to be an appropriate reaction. She also threatens in so many words that the riots are only a beginning and there’ll be more to come Those who are fanning Ferguson riots into a race war Fellowship of the Minds

Missouri State Sen.Maria Chappelle-Nadal (D) was one of the first politicians in the media in the aftermath of Michael Brown‘s death, and, as the woman representing Ferguson in the state legislature, conveyed the fury of her constituents to MSNBC’s Lawrence O’Donnell. Missouri State Senator to MSNBC This Is Our Race War Mediaite

continued...

..“And I have to tell you, this is St. Louis’s race war,” she continued calmly, holding back tears. “We didn’t have a race war like other cities throughout the country. This is our race war. And people have to be open, and they have to be honest. And they have to earnest. And they have not been earnest for decades. I know people in my own party, in my own government structure who disregard things that we say, and how we feel. And we are not going to allow it anymore.”

GOOD. Because you can't make him.
He knows he can't be made to, but many of those he speaks to don't know.
Also, the highlighted quote is bullshit. When did God call for marriage between one man and one woman? The Bible is full of men with hundreds or thousands of wives and whores, not to mention incest,

He knows that the Law as presently constituted precludes the objectively applied legal means to force him to ... what he may not be aware of is that the Advocacy to Normalize Sexual Abnormality does not recognize objectivity, to so much as EXIST... thus, they do not give a red rat's ass about what objective reason; such as that advanced in the US Constitution; as the Constitution is written... says about anything.

The Left is not only going to demand that the Baptists shut the fuck up and sit down, they are going to demand that they do so somewhere besides within places and organizations which are funded by the US Government, through the government having loaned them tax dollars, in the form of not having taxed them, for 250 years.

That's the entire point behind: The Separation of Church and State, as not written into the US Constitution, when Jefferson assured the Danbury Baptist Church through private correspondence, that their concerns regarding government interference in their Church was unlikely given the 'wall of separation' implied in the US Constitution, which the Left erroneously claims is literally written INTO the Constitution and which was intended to prevent Christians from setting and enforcing their religious principles into, thus interfering in, the Government... .

Which is of course bass-ackwards and downside up from reality... as one should reasonably expect, given the Leftist origins of such. Which is of course, to say the origin of Evil into the US political process.

Forum List

Back