Speaking in Tongues

Oddly enough, I can relate to the doubters and the believers in here, ... but then I AM somewhat of an oddball.

As a kid I had a great deal of respect for one of the most prolific 'holy rollers' at the Oneness Pentecostal church I was forced to attend twice a week into my early teens. He was some kind of engineer and a self-taught pianist who approached the keyboard mathematically. He was also one of the very few tongue speakers I couldn't mimic, as his 'rifts' were always unique and sort of ... Asian-sounding? I believed (and still do) that he was at least sincere in his glossolalia, even if completely self-deluded as to the true cause of it.

Oddly enough, I can relate to both the doubters and the believers in here, ... but then I am somewhat of an oddball.

As a kid I had a great deal of respect for one of the most prolific 'holy rollers' at the Oneness Pentecostal church I was forced to attend twice a week into my early teens. He was some kind of engineer and a self-taught pianist who approached the keyboard mathematically. He was also one of the very few tongue speakers I couldn't mimic, as his 'rifts' were always unique and sort of ... Asian-sounding? I believed (and still do) that he was at least sincere in his glossolalia, even if completely self-deluded as to the cause of it.
It's called brainwashing.

It usually lasts a lifetime.

With sufficient pure Philosophy you can free your mind however.

would translate what they said
This is what happened to me. Never been to that church before. Knew nobody. And He spoke to me and only me during that short message delivered TO me and translated by a complete stranger. Directly at me. And He said to me what nobody on this earth knew EXCEPT me. And Him.

So yes. I believe.

This is how it happened for me.

I was hiking this steep trail with my bow and arrows and I thought I saw a cow pile in a gully ahead of me.

I was going to step beside it so that my boot would not stink all day long.

Had I done that I would have lost my leg however.

I stopped, and looked closer, and it was a dark phase diamondback coiled in the morning sunlight. Holy crap!

So I pinned down his head with my hiking pole, then sliced the body away with my buck knife.

Skinned it, then gutted it, then put it into a plastic bag and into my day pack.

Roasted it for dinner that night. Yum !!

Salt and peppered it to taste.

Dried the skin and made it into a hat band for my boonie hat.

Ergo I don't ever fokk with snakes.

Attachments

• BOONIE HAT.jpg
    BOONIE HAT.jpg
    25.7 KB · Views: 31
Last edited:
My mom used to tell how my brother and I spoke to one another in a language no one else could understand when we were little. She said she would sit and watch us for hours trying to figure out what we were talking about but never could figure it out. I asked her one day if she could recall any of those conversations. She said she only recalled the word that we called the TV (it was when TV's were still a pretty new modern thing not everyone could afford).

Seriously though, gang, in light of McKenna's work in particular, there might be something more to religious glossolalia than indoctrination-based monkey see monkey do! In some cases at least, it may be a testable self-induced physiological thing.

Seriously though, gang, in light of McKenna's work in particular, there might be something more to religious glossolalia than indoctrination-based monkey see monkey do! In some cases at least, it may be a testable self-induced physiological thing.
Im sure it has to do with DMT and people who are not prepared or equipped to handle the altered state.

I'm going with "monkey see monkey do" however.

Oh, I'm sure there's plenty of that going on as well; which is to say I don't believe they're mutually exclusive impetuses among different tongue-speakers. At least I see no reason to preclude the prospect that both things could be happening, even among various members of the same congregation. In fact, I think that would best describe my own experiences in the Pentecostal sect.

Oh, I'm sure there's plenty of that going on as well; which is to say I don't believe they're mutually exclusive impetuses among different tongue-speakers. At least I see no reason to preclude the prospect that both things could be happening, even among various members of the same congregation. In fact, I think that would best describe my own experiences in the Pentecostal sect.

I think both things could be happening. If DMT is released naturally during times of extreme stress then some tongue speakers are probably just doing the monkey see monkey do thing out of sheer fear of the other tongue speakers who are flipping out on a psychedelic drug...

Lock em up I say!

Last edited:

Forum List

Back