Sperm donor to lesbian couple ordered to pay child support

There was no adoption. Why don't you inform yourself instead of continuing to look like a fool?

Oh, wait....fools can't get informed.

Excuse me?

Court records show that the sperm donor, 46-year-old William Marotta, signed an agreement in March 2009 giving up parental rights to the then-couple, Angela Bauer and Jennifer Schreiner. The agreement also absolves Marotta of financial responsibility. The state contends the agreement isn't valid.
That is an adoption agreement. The state is attempting to invalidate it to collect child support, but that does not mean the agreement does not exist.

It isn't an adoption agreement. The only listed parent is the birth mother. Her girlfriend did not adopt the child.

The state refuses to acknowledge same sex adoptions on state records. That means they will not modify the birth certificate to reflect the status of the woman who adopted the child from the father.

That does not mean there is not an agreement.

Excuse me?

That is an adoption agreement. The state is attempting to invalidate it to collect child support, but that does not mean the agreement does not exist.

It isn't an adoption agreement. The only listed parent is the birth mother. Her girlfriend did not adopt the child.

The state refuses to acknowledge same sex adoptions on state records. That means they will not modify the birth certificate to reflect the status of the woman who adopted the child from the father.

That doesn't mean there is an agreement. Like I said, you pull "facts" out of your ass.

Sure you can, that is what adoption is all about. If you don't believe me try forcing any parent who gives their child up for adoption to acknowledge the right of that child to live with their biological parent and see how far you get in court.
There was no adoption. Why don't you inform yourself instead of continuing to look like a fool?

Excuse me?

Court records show that the sperm donor, 46-year-old William Marotta, signed an agreement in March 2009 giving up parental rights to the then-couple, Angela Bauer and Jennifer Schreiner. The agreement also absolves Marotta of financial responsibility. The state contends the agreement isn't valid.

Actually sir it does. IF the court system nullifies a contract then indeed that contract does not exist.

You should quit while you're behind.

Do I want to bet on what exactly?

That the state only cares about child support in welfare cases. They get a cut of every child support payment made, they don't need an excuse to steal money.

Once again you prove your ignorance. They do not collect a percentage of child support. Instead they charge a yearly fee. Usually to the custodial parent but not always.

What? Kansas processes court ordered payments made to the state processing center. They then take a processing fee out of the payment and issue a check to the custodial parent.

If You Pay Support

You should stop assuming that the law that works in whatever state you are in applies to every state.

I doubt his sexual preference has any bearing. Just the fact that his sperm had a name attached to it and that made his sperm one with a potential wallet for the state to seek.

Lesson: Selling or donating sperm on Craigslist? Baaaaad idea. A motion to dismiss the case will be heard in court on January 8. If a doctor had done the insemination this would not be in the courts it appears. If I was the man I would fight on the inequality the state places on this aspect:

turkey baster versus clinical insemination.

I'm talking about the ignorant dyke who wanted a child for her agenda and ruining that innocent human being's life. The ignorant dyke is the source of this tragedy.

Bad parents are everywhere. My issue is with those who scream for the state to leave them and their choices alone and to butt out but then are right there with their pudgy money grubby hands looking for a government handout when they f up their own lives. This man has the state on his ass because these two parents can't afford their many choices now.

I think that's a bit of an extreme look at this case. They were financially stable enough for the state to allow them to adopt several children. You can't anticipate every curve ball life throws at you. I know that if tomorrow my husband was diagnosed with a serious illness that prevented him from working, it wouldn't be long before we ran out of options.

That doesn't mean there is an agreement. Like I said, you pull "facts" out of your ass.

I provided a link that clearly states an agreement exists, and that the state is attempting to invalidate it. What have you provided other than your insistence that no agreement exists?

That the state only cares about child support in welfare cases. They get a cut of every child support payment made, they don't need an excuse to steal money.

Once again you prove your ignorance. They do not collect a percentage of child support. Instead they charge a yearly fee. Usually to the custodial parent but not always.
$25 per year, after paying out $500 in collected child support to the child/guardian.

Probably doesn't even begin to recoup the state's costs of getting deadbeat parents to pay up.

I now have no doubts as to how Quantam Windbag got his name.

I've dealt with child support enforcement many times, $25 a year is probably about what they are worth :badgrin:

Excuse me?

Actually sir it does. IF the court system nullifies a contract then indeed that contract does not exist.

You should quit while you're behind.

The court has not nullified it, therefore the contract exists.

I provided a link that clearly states an agreement exists, and that the state is attempting to invalidate it. What have you provided other than your insistence that no agreement exists?
Your agreement said nothing about adoption.

First, it is not my agreement. Second, it clearly states that the sperm donor, 46-year-old William Marotta, signed an agreement in March 2009 giving up parental rights to the then-couple, Angela Bauer and Jennifer Schreiner. Want to explain how that is not an adoption?

First, it is not my agreement. Second, it clearly states that the sperm donor, 46-year-old William Marotta, signed an agreement in March 2009 giving up parental rights to the then-couple, Angela Bauer and Jennifer Schreiner. Want to explain how that is not an adoption?

:rolleyes: Him trying to give up his rights does not mean that THEY both adopted the child.

I agree that the state is wrong to basically nullify the contract they had but states will always go where they can get money and because this union is not recognized legally they are treating the mother who gave birth to the child as a single mother who made a baby with a man. The other "parent" has no legal claims or obligations in the eyes of Kansas law I believe.

I do find it odd that the state of Kansas recognizes the adoptions that this couple did as legally binding.

Seems what screwed this sperm donor was being simply identifiable.

Correct. If the guy had been an ignorant queer, he would have been able to do his damage on an innocent life and go on down the road free from any responsibility.

I doubt his sexual preference has any bearing. Just the fact that his sperm had a name attached to it and that made his sperm one with a potential wallet for the state to seek.

Lesson: Selling or donating sperm on Craigslist? Baaaaad idea. A motion to dismiss the case will be heard in court on January 8. If a doctor had done the insemination this would not be in the courts it appears. If I was the man I would fight on the inequality the state places on this aspect:

the "state" to seek? or the mother?

? the state wouldn't sua sponte go after someone for child support unless the custodial parent was receiving welfare.

in which case they have every right to seek support from a biological parent.

What? Kansas processes court ordered payments made to the state processing center. They then take a processing fee out of the payment and issue a check to the custodial parent.

If You Pay Support

You should stop assuming that the law that works in whatever state you are in applies to every state.

Where in your link does it say that?

By the way I did find elsewhere where Kansas does charge a %. Four of them to be exact, and that figure comes out of the total, so they don't add 4% on.

DO you really expect them to do it for free?

Correct. If the guy had been an ignorant queer, he would have been able to do his damage on an innocent life and go on down the road free from any responsibility.

? the state wouldn't sua sponte go after someone for child support unless the custodial parent was receiving welfare.

I tried to explain that to him earlier, he doesn't care to see facts. CSEs nationwide are overburdened with cases , and you have to actively ASK for child support to be collected if it is not being paid, it isn't automatic.

The mothers partner offered to pay child support and was refused. The state is seeking child support agaist the wishes of the mothers.

The mothers partner offered to pay child support and was refused. The state is seeking child support agaist the wishes of the mothers.
Where did you see that? I read that the ex-girlfriend of the mother could no longer provide because she was ill.

The dyke offered to pay child support and was refused?

because the state mandate is to always always act in the best interest of the child, what the parents want is irrelevant in that regard.

This guy should have consulted an attorney before spreading his good will. Simple as that.

PS Nothing is stopping the mom from reimbursing the dad for child support.

Where did you see that? I read that the ex-girlfriend of the mother could no longer provide because she was ill.

I believe it was in one of the links I posted.

because the state mandate is to always always act in the best interest of the child, what the parents want is irrelevant in that regard.

This guy should have consulted an attorney before spreading his good will. Simple as that.

He doesn't want any legal responsibility for the child. Hes spending a good deal on legal fees to fight the state.

Forum List

Back