Sperm donor to lesbian couple ordered to pay child support

First, it is not my agreement. Second, it clearly states that the sperm donor, 46-year-old William Marotta, signed an agreement in March 2009 giving up parental rights to the then-couple, Angela Bauer and Jennifer Schreiner. Want to explain how that is not an adoption?

:rolleyes: Him trying to give up his rights does not mean that THEY both adopted the child.

One of them was the natural mother, she did not need to adopt.

Did you even read the story?

And you are implying that they both adopted. Can you at least keep up with your own bullshit?

the "state" to seek? or the mother?

? the state wouldn't sua sponte go after someone for child support unless the custodial parent was receiving welfare.

in which case they have every right to seek support from a biological parent.

The mothers partner offered to pay child support and was refused. The state is seeking child support agaist the wishes of the mothers.

Don't confuse the issue with facts.
The first sentence isn't true, though I see that it fits your confirmation bias. :thup:

:rolleyes: Him trying to give up his rights does not mean that THEY both adopted the child.

And you are implying that they both adopted. Can you at least keep up with your own bullshit?

No, I am flat out saying that one was the natural mother, and the other adopted the child from the father. I am implying that you are an idiot for not knowing that natural parents do not have to adopt their children.

The mothers partner offered to pay child support and was refused. The state is seeking child support agaist the wishes of the mothers.

The first sentence isn't true, though I see that it fits your confirmation bias. :thup:

The other mother legally accepted financial responsiblity. In a just world the state would hold her at her word, in a fucked up one they try to get the money from someone else by force.

No, I am flat out saying that one was the natural mother, and the other adopted the child from the father. I am implying that you are an idiot for not knowing that natural parents do not have to adopt their children.
Where is your link stating that the girlfriend adopted the child? Oh, up your ass. :lol:

The other mother legally accepted financial responsiblity. In a just world the state would hold her at her word, in a fucked up one they try to get the money from someone else by force.

Kids are more important than adults in these cases and should be protected because we don't grant them the same rights as adults.

That you can't see that speaks volumes.

the law might disagree with you.

Except it doesn't.

But it does. If these people had done run an ad and then gone to a doctor so he could take all the fun out of it we wouldn't be having this conversation.

So you disagree with me then turn around and make my point. Alrighty then.

Like I said if this had gone the normal route she wouldn't even know who the father is. The law does not disagree with that. Now he gets to pay.

Where is your link stating that the girlfriend adopted the child? Oh, up your ass. :lol:

What the fuck, can't you read the posts you are replying to? Did you forget that I already proved there are adoption papers on file with the court? The very ones you insisted do not exist simply so you can argue that the state has a right to get into people's bedrooms?

Court records show that the sperm donor, 46-year-old William Marotta, signed an agreement in March 2009 giving up parental rights to the then-couple, Angela Bauer and Jennifer Schreiner. The agreement also absolves Marotta of financial responsibility. The state contends the agreement isn't valid.

Read more here: TOPEKA, Kan.: State trying to make sperm donor pay child support | National | The Sun Herald

Kids are more important than adults in these cases and should be protected because we don't grant them the same rights as adults.

Kids are more important than governments, and should definitely be protected from them, which is why I don't understand your insistence that the government has a say in this at all.

Except it doesn't.

But it does. If these people had done run an ad and then gone to a doctor so he could take all the fun out of it we wouldn't be having this conversation.

So you disagree with me then turn around and make my point. Alrighty then.

Like I said if this had gone the normal route she wouldn't even know who the father is. The law does not disagree with that. Now he gets to pay.

It wouldn't matter what route it had gone if they had used a doctor, or if one of them had been a doctor.

Bc that is the system they have in place for terminating parental rights and responsibilities. Now of course one has a right to petition to change those laws but until such time as they are changed it would behoove a person to abide by them.

No it isn't, that is the system they have in place to intrude in people lives. The system they have in place to cede parental rights to others is called adoption.

Maybe just maybe if so mNy people werent shit bags who bailed on their children leaving the
State to foot the bill the state wouldnt need systems in place to "intrude" in peoples lives.

The state encourages it by their generous programs.

Since Kansas does not recognize same-sex marriage, the women had to file each adoption as a single parent. That law also prevents the state from collecting child support from same-sex partners, despite Bauer's assumption of financial responsibility for her daughter. Bauer characterized the latest development in the case as a "step backward" in the fight for marriage equality.

I laugh at the idiotic rednecks of Kansas.

The "redneck" Democrats who gave Fred Phelps ( the Westboro Baptist Church leader) a whopping 31 percent of the vote when he ran for the Senate?

Phelps has run in various Kansas Democratic Party primaries five times, but has never won. These included races for governor in 1990, 1994, and 1998, receiving about 15 percent of the vote in 1998.[30] In the 1992 Democratic Party primary for U.S. Senate, Phelps received 31 percent of the vote.[31] Phelps ran for mayor of Topeka in 1993[32][33] and 1997.[34]

AND:

Support for Al Gore

Phelps supported Al Gore in the 1988 Democratic Party presidential primary election.[34] In his 1984 Senate race, Gore opposed a "gay bill of rights" and stated that homosexuality was not something that "society should affirm". Phelps has stated that he supported Gore because of these earlier comments.[35] According to Phelps, members of the Westboro Baptist Church helped run Gore's 1988 campaign in Kansas. Phelps' son, Fred Phelps Jr., hosted a Gore fundraiser at his home in Topeka and was a Gore delegate to the 1988 Democratic National Convention.[3]

Fred Phelps - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Last edited:
Read, you moron. He and the couple had a signed agreement in which he gave up custody and they gave up claims for future support. The state is ignoring this agreement.

The state never signed this agreement.

If these women got sperm from a sperm bank, this wouldn't be an issue. They decided to save a few bucks by going on Craig's List...

The lesson is- stay away from Craig's List.

Actually they tried to go to a sperm bank, but the doctor refused them because they are gay.

Then they should have went to another sperm bank until they found one that said yes...

The state never signed this agreement.

If these women got sperm from a sperm bank, this wouldn't be an issue. They decided to save a few bucks by going on Craig's List...

The lesson is- stay away from Craig's List.

Actually they tried to go to a sperm bank, but the doctor refused them because they are gay.

Then they should have went to another sperm bank until they found one that said yes...

Look, Im not someone who would turn to Craigslist for sperm, and it seems weird to me too, but that was their choice. Even if they had gone to a sperm bank to purchase the sperm and had it shipped home , the way the law is written, the donor could still be held liable for support.

Look, Im not someone who would turn to Craigslist for sperm, and it seems weird to me too, but that was their choice. Even if they had gone to a sperm bank to purchase the sperm and had it shipped home , the way the law is written, the donor could still be held liable for support.

Then they should go back and write a new law...

I mean, darn, why didn't they just claim that she met this guy in a bar and didn't catch his name! That would have saved him some trouble.

I kind of have to wonder how they had all his information to give him up. And kept it all this time.

Kids are more important than governments, and should definitely be protected from them, which is why I don't understand your insistence that the government has a say in this at all.

Because they went to the government asking them to foot the bill for this kid.

Then they should go back and write a new law...

I mean, darn, why didn't they just claim that she met this guy in a bar and didn't catch his name! That would have saved him some trouble.

I kind of have to wonder how they had all his information to give him up. And kept it all this time.

I agree the law needs rewritten. It seems clear to me that at the very least technology has surpassed the law.

As to why they gave him up, the state threatened them. The mother went in to apply for Medicare and made it clear to the worker that her child had two mothers, through a sperm donation. However, the worker told her that since they didn't go through a doctor the state didn't care, and if they didn't give up his name their baby would be denied coverage.

Even ifnyou think the law is stupid it is your responsibility to either follow the law or face the consequences.

Forum List

Back