Spiders Take Over Memphis Neighborhood

longknife

Diamond Member
Sep 21, 2012
Sin City
9303315_G.jpg

Right out of a good old-fashioned horror movie. Perhaps

MV5BMTY2OTg1ODg5Ml5BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNjI4ODY4._V1_.jpg

But, you don't need to see the movie. Just go to Millions of spiders infest Mid-South neighborhood

I bet the enviro-wackos won't let them be exterminated.

theHawk

I bet the low info RWs think exterminating them is a good idea.

Since most spiders are beneficial and don't harm humans, intelligent (read enviro-wackos) would want to know what kind they are before trying (and failing) to exterminate them. Intelligent people know that house spiders eat the bugs you don't want in your home.

Stooopid people use insecticides. Smart people co-exist and exterminate only when its beneficial, which is pretty much never.

theHawk

Since most spiders are beneficial and don't harm humans, intelligent (read enviro-wackos) would want to know what kind they are before trying (and failing) to exterminate them. Intelligent people know that house spiders eat the bugs you don't want in your home.

Stooopid people use insecticides. Smart people co-exist and exterminate only when its beneficial, which is pretty much never.
It`s not their fault. Science is one of the many things that scare people like him.

theHawk

Remember when Right wingers were incensed that the US government was spending money trying to find out what was killing honey bees? Why save an insect that stings? Even after explaining how many fruits and vegetables depend on honey bees, they still didn't get it. I don't think they've ever gotten it.

theHawk

Remember when Right wingers were incensed that the US government was spending money trying to find out what was killing honey bees? Why save an insect that stings? Even after explaining how many fruits and vegetables depend on honey bees, they still didn't get it. I don't think they've ever gotten it.

I'm sure you have a link to back this up.

theHawk

Did you even bother to read the OP?

theHawk

Methinks you quoted the wrong poster, I was asking Rdweeb to back up his "RW's mad bee research, unga bunga" statement.

theHawk

Methinks you quoted the wrong poster, I was asking Rdweeb to back up his "RW's mad bee research, unga bunga" statement.

This quote thing sometimes gets confusing.

Oops.

theHawk

This quote thing sometimes gets confusing.

Oops.

No harm, no foul.

theHawk

So those poor black folk just need to coexist with a million spiders. Good to know.

However, experts said the spiders presence are not exactly a bad thing and should not be anything to be concerned about from neighbors.

From the OP's link.

That's all I need to know.

theHawk

What the fuck is wrong with your kind? Why are you so damn pitiful? I think you guys don't even bother to watch your own presidential debates. You just vote how America hating and Arab owned Fox News tells you. And you know I only say what I can back up. Regardless of how many lies you tell about me.

--------------------

Consider, for example, the honeybee. If you have watched television news or picked up a newspaper in the past several weeks, you've probably heard about federal funding for honeybees.

The assault on the honeybee began with the stimulus package, when CNN and other news organizations dutifully repeated GOP attacks on the inclusion of $150 million for "honeybee insurance." Columnist Charles Krauthammer went so far as to call the bill an "abomination" for including the honeybee insurance.

Now, there are a few things you need to know about the honeybee insurance. First, there was no such funding,according to Los Angeles Times business columnist Michael Hiltzik. Second, if the funding did exist, it would have amounted to somewhere around two one-hundredths of 1 percent of the stimulus package. Third, if the funding existed, it might well have been a wise use of money. We'll come back to that part.

Having had some success ridiculing bee-related spending in the stimulus, Republicans went back to the well during debate over the omnibus spending bill, attacking the inclusion of $1.7 million in funding for honeybee research. And the news media were quick to join in, eagerly repeating the attacks -- and, in many cases, adopting them as their own.

Honeybees are pretty important. See, humans need food. Without it, we die. And bees not only produce honey, they pollinate all kinds of crops -- onions, cashews, celery, strawberries, beets, broccoli, cabbage, cucumbers, apples ... you get the picture. Honeybees play an important role in our food supply, and our economy. And honeybees have been disappearing at an alarming rate in recent years, for reasons that are not fully known.

According to a study by two Cornell University professors, honeybee pollination accounted for $14.6 billion worth of crops annually between 1996 and 1998.

Honeybee research doesn't sound so funny now, does it?

What I do know is that simply cracking jokes about crickets and bees and pig waste rather than taking even 20 seconds to determine what the funding is intended to do is a spectacularly bad way to find out.

America faces great challenges. We are unlikely to meet those challenges through deliberate stupidity.

The media's deliberate stupidity

Then-candidate John McCain began going on about how the government was wasting money on things like studying honeybees, mocking the apparent foolishness of it.

The Honey Bee Dance and Why You Should Know It

----------------------------------

A 20 second Google search and I wouldn't be blasting you for being an idiot moron and belonging the to most ignorant party in the history of the United States.
Shame on you.
Shame
Shame
Shame

How the most ignorant part of the US gets so damn smug, I'll never know.

Last edited by a moderator:
theHawk

What the fuck is wrong with your kind? Why are you so damn pitiful? I think you guys don't even bother to watch your own presidential debates. You just vote how America hating and Arab owned Fox News tells you. And you know I only say what I can back up. Regardless of how many lies you tell about me.

--------------------

Consider, for example, the honeybee. If you have watched television news or picked up a newspaper in the past several weeks, you've probably heard about federal funding for honeybees.

The assault on the honeybee began with the stimulus package, when CNN and other news organizations dutifully repeated GOP attacks on the inclusion of $150 million for "honeybee insurance." Columnist Charles Krauthammer went so far as to call the bill an "abomination" for including the honeybee insurance.

Now, there are a few things you need to know about the honeybee insurance. First, there was no such funding,according to Los Angeles Times business columnist Michael Hiltzik. Second, if the funding did exist, it would have amounted to somewhere around two one-hundredths of 1 percent of the stimulus package. Third, if the funding existed, it might well have been a wise use of money. We'll come back to that part.

Having had some success ridiculing bee-related spending in the stimulus, Republicans went back to the well during debate over the omnibus spending bill, attacking the inclusion of $1.7 million in funding for honeybee research. And the news media were quick to join in, eagerly repeating the attacks -- and, in many cases, adopting them as their own.

Honeybees are pretty important. See, humans need food. Without it, we die. And bees not only produce honey, they pollinate all kinds of crops -- onions, cashews, celery, strawberries, beets, broccoli, cabbage, cucumbers, apples ... you get the picture. Honeybees play an important role in our food supply, and our economy. And honeybees have been disappearing at an alarming rate in recent years, for reasons that are not fully known.

According to a study by two Cornell University professors, honeybee pollination accounted for $14.6 billion worth of crops annually between 1996 and 1998.

Honeybee research doesn't sound so funny now, does it?

What I do know is that simply cracking jokes about crickets and bees and pig waste rather than taking even 20 seconds to determine what the funding is intended to do is a spectacularly bad way to find out.

America faces great challenges. We are unlikely to meet those challenges through deliberate stupidity.

The media's deliberate stupidity

Then-candidate John McCain began going on about how the government was wasting money on things like studying honeybees, mocking the apparent foolishness of it.

The Honey Bee Dance and Why You Should Know It

----------------------------------

A 20 second Google search and I wouldn't be blasting you for being an idiot moron and belonging the to most ignorant party in the history of the United States.
Shame on you.
Shame
Shame
Shame

How the most ignorant part of the US gets so damn smug, I'll never know.

thanks for furnishing that rent-free apartment in your head Rdweeb. I got you to waste at least 30 minutes on your screed.

I win. LOL.

What happened? No snappy comeback from Martybegan?

Now for a serious response, yes Colony Collapse disorder is a big concern. However when you try to fund something useful like this along with 20 million other studies and tests and research items like the dating rituals of overweight lesbians (a joke, a joke) you get people numbed to things that may actually have some use. While the examples used were poor buy the republicans, it is the issue of wasteful government spending as a whole that people like me have an issue with.

Here's a hint, stop trying to fund studies designed to attack things that people me like, like gun ownership, and drinking/eating what I like to eat and maybe we will be more accommodating to the studies that actually are useful.

Forum List

Back