Spill, baby spill....42,000 gallons a day

Hey Goo Smack........might wanna check the news again.......

WASHINGTON - Executives of the three companies involved in the Gulf oil disaster — BP, Transocean and Halliburton — testified before senators Tuesday and were quick to lay blame elsewhere.

In their opening statements, the executives said it was too early to draw conclusions but then explained what they thought went wrong and who was responsible.

Transocean, which owned the rig that exploded, suggested work done by subcontractor Halliburton could have been the key factor. Halliburton and BP, meanwhile, said the blowout preventer that failed on Transocean's rig was critical.

Oil executives shift spill blame in Senate - Gulf oil spill- msnbc.com

It was a massive fuckup on all three sides.

Hey Goo Smack........might wanna check the news again.......

WASHINGTON - Executives of the three companies involved in the Gulf oil disaster — BP, Transocean and Halliburton — testified before senators Tuesday and were quick to lay blame elsewhere.

In their opening statements, the executives said it was too early to draw conclusions but then explained what they thought went wrong and who was responsible.

Transocean, which owned the rig that exploded, suggested work done by subcontractor Halliburton could have been the key factor. Halliburton and BP, meanwhile, said the blowout preventer that failed on Transocean's rig was critical.

Oil executives shift spill blame in Senate - Gulf oil spill- msnbc.com

It was a massive fuckup on all three sides.

The entire thing is summed up in this line from your link....

"In their opening statements, the executives said it was too early to draw conclusions but then explained what they thought went wrong and who was responsible."

Kinda says it all doesn't it.....

The self heating cement used to reinforce the hole is what started the whole mess.

Seems that the methane was staying in crystal, frozen form until it passed through the cement, which caused the methane to expand, resulting in it going up the pipe and into the air of the platform, whereupon it blew up.

Try again idiot.

The self heating cement used to reinforce the hole is what started the whole mess.

Seems that the methane was staying in crystal, frozen form until it passed through the cement, which caused the methane to expand, resulting in it going up the pipe and into the air of the platform, whereupon it blew up.

Try again idiot.

I'm sorry douchebag, I was unaware I said what caused it..... Care to point it out to me? As far as Haliburton being responsible, You will never see me ever defending them but there is nothing but speculation right now.... Even your source says as much....

You want to argue your sources words, well then you will be arguing with yourself as it was your source. YOUR SOURCE said what I quoted above not me.....

So....You try again, IDIOT!

By the way, on the news this morning, they found out who that oil platform was flagged with.

Malaysia. Seems that because oil platforms can move on the water, they are treated like ships for inspection purposes. The country that platform is flagged under, is the inspection that it will undergo.

Foreign flagged platform that was subpar for American standards.........that's Trans Oceanic's fault.

Not testing the slurry, and just assuming that it would work? Halliburton's fault. They made the shit.

Holding secret meetings with Cheney during his term to "work around" oil drilling restrictions? That's the fault of BP and Cheney.

Nope, after this bullshit, either (a) REINSTATE the restrictions on offshore drilling that existed prior to Bush Jr. taking office, or stop all together.

By the way, on the news this morning, they found out who that oil platform was flagged with.

Malaysia. Seems that because oil platforms can move on the water, they are treated like ships for inspection purposes. The country that platform is flagged under, is the inspection that it will undergo.

Foreign flagged platform that was subpar for American standards.........that's Trans Oceanic's fault.

Not testing the slurry, and just assuming that it would work? Halliburton's fault. They made the shit.

Holding secret meetings with Cheney during his term to "work around" oil drilling restrictions? That's the fault of BP and Cheney.

Nope, after this bullshit, either (a) REINSTATE the restrictions on offshore drilling that existed prior to Bush Jr. taking office, or stop all together.

IF its found all of those people and things are at fault, then so be it and good hunting... However, we cannot dismiss Obama if we are going to include cheney and GW (whom I have no problem with nailing). obama is part of the same hypocrisy...

IF they ALL got big money from BP to look away or pass this or that, so they are ALL equally responsible...

No matter what BP and Transocean, and Haliburton will pay for it. Someone will have to and it will not be a government or its presidents/V.P. They never do and never will......

Wanna explain the caps on damages they are seeking?

All I have heard has been speculation really. A lot of talk but right now thats all it is. I would say it will have to be an open ended type of arrangement somehow. Because who knows in 5 years they may find a new problem it caused and then more money. Either way the ywill pay for it, and whatever amount it will take is what they will pay. They will not get a low settlement by any means when its all said and done. more likely they will pay double, oil companies are used to it and they will gladly pay it so its hushed quickly.

And no matter what it costs, they will get it back from us at the pump and the cap and trade they will manipulate later on. people seem to think this is a BP problem only, at least as far as monetarily. That's not the case. oil companies have been working together and with speculators, markets and oil rich countries to manipulate the market since the john Rockefeller/standard oil monopoly days. As a major player like BP goes, so goes the rest of them. They will pool their resources and set market to get back every dime they lost and then some.

Actually, I don't have a beach.

If you did you wouldn't care what happened to it, so its not like it matters if you have one or not.

Wow, you know me so well.

Culture, tradition, family - things that give life meaning - are worth nothing to you because they cannot be packaged and drop shipped to you over-night from a warehouse 1000 miles away.

Interesting. Can't wait to see you in the gay marriage threads. [/QUOTE]

Thanks for helping to prove my point - when I say "culture, tradition, familiy" - you think I'm talking about picking the right package of political ideals.[/QUOTE]

No, I think you're a hypocrite that will say anything if you think it will help your argument... if you could call what you've been putting out here an argument. Mostly it seems like a tantrum.

gslack-

I'm clearly not above mud slinging myself, but I like to actually have a debate in the midst of slinging mud and having it slinged on me.

You offer nothing but mud. Every single post you have made essentially says the same thing. "You're a liar. You're stupid. You're fake" - and that's IT.

Sorry but I need a LITTLE more substance. So I've put you on my "IGNORE" list. You should seriously consider getting back on your meds and coming clean with the staff about it. Now get back to bed, remember tomorrow the barber comes for your weekly shave!

Yes, you do need a little more substance. It's pretty clear you're running very short on it in this thread.

Xenophone, we have 3% of the worlds oil reserves, we use 25% of the worlds oil. Is there something that you don't understand about those figures? No matter how much we drill, we will not attain energy independence as long as petroleum is our main source of energy for transportation.

This oil spill is not only going to make a big differance, it is going to change the political climate concerning drilling offshore.

What's wrong with using more than we make? I never understand why this little factoid is thrown out. Lots of countries have a product they sell to the rest of the world, is every country that buys them bad because they import something they want that they don't have enough of? The "We're bad because we import oil" argument just doesn't make sense to me.

Another "who cares?" story.
The earth has oil in it. Sometimes it gets into the water. BFD. The earth will take care of it regardless of whatever we do.

Wow. So what about the fish that wont be caught, what about the oil that will come ashore, what about the wild life that will die, what about........................Lets all just drill baby drill

But BFD? wow.

I have to say, this Amanda person posted one of the dumbest posts in history. Seriously, this is just sad, and wrong. On every level.

And you'd be pretty much the ranking expert on dumb posts. I think only rdean has you beat.

Want to articulate your thoughts, or just talk shit? Why is it sad and wrong? Do you dispute that the earth is self-healing?

IF its found all of those people and things are at fault, then so be it and good hunting... However, we cannot dismiss Obama if we are going to include cheney and GW (whom I have no problem with nailing). obama is part of the same hypocrisy...

IF they ALL got big money from BP to look away or pass this or that, so they are ALL equally responsible...

No matter what BP and Transocean, and Haliburton will pay for it. Someone will have to and it will not be a government or its presidents/V.P. They never do and never will......

By the way, on the news Thursday night, they were interviewing a former employee of Halliburton. Those blowout prevention valves? They were supposed to be tested at high pressure for 5 minutes EACH before passing inspection. If an MMS inspector was there, they did it like they were supposed to. If he wasn't (which was often), they pressurized them for 30 seconds and then bled off the pressure, while saying that they'd tested them for 5 minutes at full pressure.

Interestingly enough, the one that blew out was one of the ones that was tested for only 30 seconds.

Know what's even worse? They have never drilled at this depth before, and didn't know what would happen.

Shoddy equipment, not enough testing, and not knowing what would happen are all causes.

Personally? I hope this means the end of Halliburton, Trans Oceanic and BP.

By the way, on the news Thursday night, they were interviewing a former employee of Halliburton. Those blowout prevention valves? They were supposed to be tested at high pressure for 5 minutes EACH before passing inspection. If an MMS inspector was there, they did it like they were supposed to. If he wasn't (which was often), they pressurized them for 30 seconds and then bled off the pressure, while saying that they'd tested them for 5 minutes at full pressure.

Interestingly enough, the one that blew out was one of the ones that was tested for only 30 seconds.

Know what's even worse? They have never drilled at this depth before, and didn't know what would happen.

Shoddy equipment, not enough testing, and not knowing what would happen are all causes.

I understand the valves didn't blow out.... it was the entire pipe from the well head up. So if that is correct no valves would mattered... But again with so much crap being thrown around its hard to tell whats truth right now....

Well I can tell you one thing... HB has friends in both low and high places. And not just on one party or the other. yeah Dick was their CEO, but if ya look at their history its been a revolving door of ex defense with them and Carlyle.... How in the hell could they have gotten all those no bid contracts in Iraq without backing on both sides? As much evidence for conflict of interest there was, a case could have been made at any time. no one tried despite all their big placating talk. They wanted them doing it just as much as the neo-cons. A lot of money was made. Big time FU kind of money was passed around all across the party lines.

HB will be quietly forgotten in this, and BP or Oil in general will pay for it. As much money was spent to check on anything in Obama's past, there is no way in hell campaign money from BP and them having contracts with HB would not have been missed... It was missed though and the reason is simple. They all get fat from the same tit...

biker we have an entire culture of people who walk around the 5,000 lbs. elephant in the room and go on about there lives. THink of companies like HB or carlyle as that elephant....

I understand the valves didn't blow out.... it was the entire pipe from the well head up. So if that is correct no valves would mattered... But again with so much crap being thrown around its hard to tell whats truth right now....

Well I can tell you one thing... HB has friends in both low and high places. And not just on one party or the other. yeah Dick was their CEO, but if ya look at their history its been a revolving door of ex defense with them and Carlyle.... How in the hell could they have gotten all those no bid contracts in Iraq without backing on both sides? As much evidence for conflict of interest there was, a case could have been made at any time. no one tried despite all their big placating talk. They wanted them doing it just as much as the neo-cons. A lot of money was made. Big time FU kind of money was passed around all across the party lines.

HB will be quietly forgotten in this, and BP or Oil in general will pay for it. As much money was spent to check on anything in Obama's past, there is no way in hell campaign money from BP and them having contracts with HB would not have been missed... It was missed though and the reason is simple. They all get fat from the same tit...

biker we have an entire culture of people who walk around the 5,000 lbs. elephant in the room and go on about there lives. THink of companies like HB or carlyle as that elephant....

Want to know why? The shutoff valves were NOT FULLY TESTED TO US STANDARDS.

The slurry concrete (self heating) that was used to reinforce the wellhead? It was what CAUSED THE METHANE CRYSTALS TO BECOME GAS!

And..........to top it off, the fucking scientists have NO CLUE as to how to fix it.

Why do you defend this shit?

The slurry concrete (self heating) that was used to reinforce the wellhead? It was what CAUSED THE METHANE CRYSTALS TO BECOME GAS!

And..........to top it off, the fucking scientists have NO CLUE as to how to fix it.

I don't think this is slackers first rodeo. No doubt he has been banned on several occasions on every MB he has pushed his ego centric style. Little miss can't be wrong has been seeking a MB site where he can recieve his full measure of ass kicked. He guessed right.

Gunny tried to cut him some slack but gave up.

I don't really have any feelings about him other than a wish that he had a sense of humor....starting with an examination of his own need for attention.

I don't think he has the blending skills of a snake like The Twat from California and will eventually repeat himself to nauseum on a night when the administrator is drinking and the collision will no doubt be swift and ugly.

Just sayin....

[ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bYck2B_0-DI[/ame]

Last edited:

If that is what you think I did in that post, you couldn't have read it.... I ask you to point to where I defended any of it.... I didn't, I just know blaming one party, president, or anyone else is futile.... Right now BP is being held responsible, HB to a lesser extent... BP will pay for it, HB will do whatever they usually do and that will be that...

I am not defending anyone, I am just telling you the truth about how this will play out. you know this, you're career navy you know dam good and well HB will be all but ignored on this....

Forum List

Back