St Louis Cardinals-mlb

You suck--Get Donavan out of the leadoff spot-Walker should be there. Next year maybe you will learn--pitching wins baseball.
Donovan is out for surgery won't be back this year.
Walker at leadoff is an interesting idea. He may need a bit more seasoning and learn to wor the count some more.

Wow the cards suck. How can a team go from division winners to last place? Sports aren't like it used to be, they are ruining everything for the almighty dollar. The whole world has gone down the tubes.
Mozeliak is an idiot, that's how.
Cards are 2-3 in attendance and 17th in payroll. The owners are more interested in real estate development than the team.

Cubs beating up on STL like they own them. After decades of the opposite.

Side note: I only stop to watch Oneill or Gorman AB on TV. Maybe Walker or Arenado a bit?

I would not trade O'Neil or Gorman. If they do? I go back to MIL as my favorite team.
ONeill has talent and of course power. His problm, like DeJong, is flailing at the breaking stuff and only hitting fastballs. If someone can get him to lay off the breaking slower stuff out of the zone he will get his one or two fastballs each at bat.....and maybe wait for a hanging curve to belt.

ONeill has talent and of course power. His problm, like DeJong, is flailing at the breaking stuff and only hitting fastballs. If someone can get him to lay off the breaking slower stuff out of the zone he will get his one or two fastballs each at bat.....and maybe wait for a hanging curve to belt.

Oneill is a gold glove left fielder. I would put him in CF as he is the best they have.
He hit 30+ HR last year with good on base (good AVG) w/o playing full season?
He has speed. The fastest to 1B on the team, maybe the league.
He hit an opposite field 8th inning HR last night to give them a chance.....in a loss.
Even a lot of his outs are hard-hit balls.
What else do they have better? Tell freakin' Marmol to leave him alone and use him as a core player.

His only issue so far is staying in the lineup, health? marmol?

Oneill is a gold glove left fielder. I would put him in CF as he is the best they have.
He hit 30+ HR last year with good on base (good AVG) w/o playing full season?
He has speed. The fastest to 1B on the team, maybe the league.
He hit an opposite field 8th inning HR last night to give them a chance.....in a loss.
Even a lot of his outs are hard-hit balls.
What else do they have better? Tell freakin' Marmol to leave him alone and use him as a core player.

His only issue so far is staying in the lineup, health? marmol?
Not last year, he hit 30 the year before between Goldschmidt and Arenado in the order where he got plenty of fastballs.
He is hurt an awful lot, which he was last year and just came back this year.
He gets a little lazy on balls going deep to the wall...they tried him in CF early in the year and that's what happened, he looks a lot more comfortable in left.
His K rate is 31% but should improve as he gets more selective in more at bats.
His homerun last night was off a 102 mph fastball...he can hit those all day no matter how fast but pitchers will now remember that and give him fewer and fewer.

Regardless: A mediocre over-achieving team like STL will go nowhere w/o a great catcher (Molina), CF. Contreas will not cut it. Why did MOZ waste all that money signing that stiff from the SCRUBs? He makes mediocre pitching worse. hence 61 losses already.

Again: when Oneill, Walker or Gorman bats....I find myself watching. Maybe Nootbar or Arenado also. The rest? I usually channel surf. Arenado has a weird follow that thru looks like it inhibits power?

Glad DeJong is gone....he had enough chances here. Time for a new start. Send Carlson & Contreas with him for all I care.

Regardless: A mediocre over-achieving team like STL will go nowhere w/o a great catcher (Molina), CF. Contreas will not cut it. Why did MOZ waste all that money signing that stiff from the SCRUBs? He makes mediocre pitching worse. hence 61 losses already.

Again: when Oneill, Walker or Gorman bats....I find myself watching. Maybe Nootbar or Arenado also. The rest? I usually channel surf. Arenado has a weird follow that thru looks like it inhibits power?

Glad DeJong is gone....he had enough chances here. Time for a new start. Send Carlson & Contreas with him for all I care.
Mozeliak promised to get pitching last offseason and did nothing. That is the biggest failure of our team right now.
Contreras, DeJong, Carlson, Burleson, Edman all batting around 230 or lower.....not gonna win anything with that, plus O'Neill hurt.
Walker is a stud, also shortstop Winn at Memphis should be up soon he is awesome.
I don't like Marmol he has no baseball sense, all numbers.
Mozeliak has promised pitching for next year I don't believe him.

I love it thst the nfl St. Louis cardinals football team sucks and is as crappy as the St. Louis cardinals baseball team,that Murray appears to be a flash in the pan. :abgg2q.jpg: :rofl: :banana: :up:

I love it thst the nfl St. Louis cardinals football team sucks and is as crappy as the St. Louis cardinals baseball team,that Murray appears to be a flash in the pan. :abgg2q.jpg: :rofl: :banana: :up:

STL Cardinal Football had bad ownership since the 60s' Bidwell family.
MLB Cardinals had good teams in the 60s and 80s. No manager since Herzog IMVHO (but for Shildt who got fired?)

Larussa under-achieved with loaded lineups.

MLB Cardinals had good teams in the 60s and 80s. No manager since Herzog IMVHO (but for Shildt who got fired?)

Larussa was the manager where steriod use began-McGwire, Canseco, and others on the Oakland team. Then he went to St. Louis and Mcgwire continued the steroid use. Larussa must have known. The sad part-Mr Pujols came along and never did that well prior to that first spring training invite, all of a sudden a powerhouse under Larussa. I sure hope he didn't use. But one never knows. There was no test for HGH back then. until later on in Pujols career.

The Astro’s were clearly the best team last year

But now they are merely one of several that are capable if going all the way

Our best two hitter have just came back a few days ago. We're still missing two of our best pitchers and now we have Verlander back.
What you've been seeing so far this year aren't the Astros of last year,but you're getting ready to see them again real soon.

The Astro’s were clearly the best team last year

But now they are merely one of several that are capable if going all the way

Mac-7 yeah I wish i could enjoy knowing that but i cant because it will just be another big market asswipe team like the dodgers or Braves that win the world series this year,always is.The tampa bay devil rays won the american league pennant not too long ago but they could not beat the market dodgers in the series after enjoying watching them beat up on two asswipe big market teams in the AL to get there that year.

the STL Cardinals football team thankfully has been to only ONE superbowl that thank god they lost.I love it that they have not been back sense then or even come close and Murray may be just a flash in the pan.:yes_text12: The NFL STL cardinals football team got there that year because of a quarterback that cant be human the fact everywhere he went he turned both franchises around that had been HORRIBLE FOR SO LONG,decades in the cardinals case.

now on to the STL baseball team,the next post on them after this one is kinda long so bear with me.

leftwinger
the White Rat was the most overrated manager in the history of baseball. I would take Larussa anyday of the year over Herzog when he was the manager of the royals back in the 70's. Had they had him instead of herzog back then they would have beat the yankees in the 76 and 77 playoffs and would have been there those two years against the reds in 76 and the dodgers in 77 instead of the yankees.Now 78 was a different story,the yankees were clearly the best team in baseball that year. them and the Red sox were the two best teams in baseball that year. I knew once the red sox lost to the yankees in that one game playoff the yankees were going to win the world series,they were the best team that could beat them.

Herzog just happened to benefit BOTH times of inheriting baseball teams that had great talent. I cant remember his name but the manager of the royals before herzog he mentioned during the years when herzog was the manager he was saddened that he was fired when he was and felt the GM pulled the trigger to quick,he said he knew the next manager that took over the team would be a success with them because they were so talented and were on the verge of becoming a great team. that was the same with Ned Yost.Yost INHERITED a team that was talented and it was the previous manager before him that build that team,not Yost. I dont know if you know B Kidd or not but he totally agrees with me on this.:cool:

Every Royals fan here in kansas city hates Herzog.He would always blow it for the royals in the playoffs and when he did he blamed everybody else for his failures.

Paul splittorff would always be mowing down the yankee hitters baffling them all the time in the fifth and final game of the playoffs and he would always take him out and put in a relief pitcher who would blow it for them at least in the 76 and 77 playoffs..I GUARANTEE he was paid off.

In the fifth and final game in the 76 playoffs,he took splittorf out and the relief pitcher he brought in of course gave up the winning home run to chambliss in the 9th inning.

after that game The royals owner ewing kauffman he was pissed.it was learned in later years a couple decades later he said to him after that -YOU JUST COST US A CHANCE TO GO TO THE WORLD SERIES,WE MAY NEVER GET THE CHANCE TO GO THERE AGAIN.

After that Kauffman wanted to fire him but he was an owner nothing like George Steinbrenner who fired managers everyday as you well know.He was fair. He could not fire herzog in 77 or 78 because they kept winning the division with him as manager so he would look unjustified had he fired him after 76. The 1977 playoffs came along and it was the same old story. Splittorf was mowing down the hitters and baffling them yet the white rat STILL took him out in the 9th and the relief pitcher that came in blew it and lost the playoffs for the royals once again. Billy Martin did not start Reggie Jackson in that game because he could not hit splittorf.:biggrin: so when the white rat took him out Jackson and martin had a huge smile on their face. Jackson had a key hit against the relief pitcher and they of course won the game and went to the playoffs again when it should have been the royals for the second straight year.the Royals of course won the division again in 78 and once again of course lost to the yankees in the playoffs,this time herzog could not be blamed because the yankees this time were the much better team as i said before.

I always said to my parents back then MAN IF THEY WOULD JUST GET RID OF WHITEY HERZOG THEY COULD BEAT THE YANKEES and lol and behold,sure enough in the 1979 season Kaufmann FINALLY had the excuse to be able to get rid of herzog when they finished in second and did not win the division.:yes_text12: and as i said,I was indeed a prophet because AS SOON AS THEY GOT RID OF HERZOG,in 1980 when they faced the yankees again they FINALLY beat them and made it to thE world series beating them in 3 straight.Herzog was CLEARLY the problem WHY they never could beat the yankees in the playoffs.

In the 85 world series against the royals Herzog blamed the home plate umpire for them losing the final game.he said he made some horrible calls against john tudor in calling balls and strikes,Tudor later on called out Herzogs bullshit and said NO THATS NOT TRUE,HE CALLED A GOOD GAME I JUST DID NOT HAVE MY STUFF.:biggrin: It was ALWAYS somebody elses fault why his teams lost in the playoffs in herzogs mind,never his own.

Then in the world series against the twins,he AGAIN lost the world series for his team. His starting pitcher was CLEARLY struggling in the game unable to get the ball over the plate and kept walking people and yet herzog STILL left him in which cost his team the world series AGAIN because instead of taking him out as he should have,he left him in there and he gave up a GRAND SLAM which won the game for the twins AND the world series of course.:biggrin:

Its a total joke that the white rat got into the baseball hall of SHAME just like it is a joke and the NFL is the hall of SHAME because Belicheat is the biggest cheater and cant win without cheating and has disgraced the sport and has been proven in spades to be the most overrated coach ever in the sport being called the greatest coach ever never mind the fact he has been exposed that it was BRADY that made him look good and he cant win without brady.

Last edited:

Forum List

Back