Star Trek Fans? Identify Yourselves...

Mr. Friscus

Diamond Member
Dec 28, 2020
I know there's plenty of you fellow Trekkies on this board.

So, what's your era?

Me? I never watched much of the original series as it was well before my time. I definitely watched all the original cast movies though.
I watched all of Next Generation routinely, and all the movies.
I came to very much enjoy Deep Space Nine, especially season 3 and beyond. (the first seasons were too cuddly)
I enjoyed Voyager
I liked the Star Trek reboot, LOVED Into Darkness, and hated Beyond
Then, I stopped. No Enterprise, no Picard.

So, feel free to spew out your Trek credentials and opinions. I'll throw some gasoline on the fire and give my top 8 Star Trek movies.. feel free to agree and disagree
1. Star Trek: First Contact
2. Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
3. Star Trek: Generations
4. Star Trek: Into Darkness
5. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
6. Star Trek 2009 first reboot
7. Star Trek Nemesis
8. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home

I know there's plenty of you fellow Trekkies on this board.

So, what's your era?

Me? I never watched much of the original series as it was well before my time. I definitely watched all the original cast movies though.
I watched all of Next Generation routinely, and all the movies.
I came to very much enjoy Deep Space Nine, especially season 3 and beyond. (the first seasons were too cuddly)
I enjoyed Voyager
I liked the Star Trek reboot, LOVED Into Darkness, and hated Beyond
Then, I stopped. No Enterprise, no Picard.

So, feel free to spew out your Trek credentials and opinions. I'll throw some gasoline on the fire and give my top 8 Star Trek movies.. feel free to agree and disagree
1. Star Trek: First Contact
2. Star Trek VI: The Undiscovered Country
3. Star Trek: Generations
4. Star Trek: Into Darkness
5. Star Trek II: The Wrath of Khan
6. Star Trek 2009 first reboot
7. Star Trek Nemesis
8. Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home
have you seen enterprise with scot bakula??

its pretty good,,

Interesting fun fact:

In Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, Kirk and Spock encounter a punk-rocker with a Mohawk who is listen to a song, I Hate You, on a boombox. The actor who played the punk-rocker, Kirk R. Thatcher, appeared in season 2, episode 4 (titled Watcher) of Star Trek: Picard as...

The same punk-rocker on a bus listening to a song, I Still Hate You, on a boombox.

Original series still is better than TNG, DS9, Voyager, Enterprise or any of the others.
I won't say you're wrong... the Original series is much like the Beatles... even if they don't carry over to future generations, they are owed complete respect for setting the table for what we enjoy today.

drives me nuts when people say that,,

each of them stand on their own merits and are equally as good in their own right,,
Equally as good? No. However, it can be quite subjective, but I will absolutely say that TNG is better than Enterprise, and I can nearly say that as a factual statement.

Interesting fun fact:

In Star Trek IV: The Voyage Home, Kirk and Spock encounter a punk-rocker with a Mohawk who is listen to a song, I Hate You, on a boombox. The actor who played the punk-rocker, Kirk R. Thatcher, appeared in season 2, episode 4 (titled Watcher) of Star Trek: Picard as...

The same punk-rocker on a bus listening to a song, I Still Hate You, on a boombox.
I took the time to look up some interesting Star Trek facts.. check this out:

Original Series:
  • DeForest Kelly refused to remove his pinky ring on camera (it was his mother’s) and wore it in every appearance on screen
  • Eddie Murphy and Tom Selleck both were considered for Star Trek IV
  • Leonard Nimoy developed the stoic hands-behind-back pose for Spock not out of character, but to hide lollipops behind his back. He often had one on set since he couldn’t smoke.
  • Klingons were named after Gene Roddenberry's LAPD colleague, Lt Wilbur Clingan.

Next Generation:
  • Early in TNG’s production, Gene Roddenberry planned for Troi to be a (quote) ‘three-breasted hermaphrodite’ and Wesley to be a ‘Yoda-ish midget.
  • Patrick Stewart was initially considered for the role of Data and that Kevin Peter Hall, the 7’2” actor known for playing The Predator, auditioned for Geordi at one point.
  • Marina Sirtis auditioned for Tasha Yar and Denise Crosby auditioning for Troi, but their roles were flipped for some reason.
  • Robin Williams was supposed to appear in the 5th season TNG episode "A Matter of Time" as the time traveler Rasmussen which was written for him, but Williams was finishing up the movie Hook and couldn't commit to the project. Apparently, he was a big Star Trek TNG fan.

Equally as good? No. However, it can be quite subjective, but I will absolutely say that TNG is better than Enterprise, and I can nearly say that as a factual statement.
equally as good in their own right,,

I dont see a reason to compare one against another,,

each is their own show with a different narrative and goals,,

I can list pros and cons all day long about each show and come out with equal numbers,,

equally as good in their own right,,

I dont see a reason to compare one against another,,

each is their own show with a different narrative and goals,,

I can list pros and cons all day long about each show and come out with equal numbers,,
Ugh, you're dragging me into artistic relativism. Stop it.

Andy Warhol and Jackson Pollock are not as talented as Michealangelo or even Bob Ross. You can talk all you want about how the art affects people, but the skill and content is different, and there are better versions of star trek than others.

Ugh, you're dragging me into artistic relativism. Stop it.

Andy Warhol and Jackson Pollock are not as talented as Michealangelo or even Bob Ross. You can talk all you want about how the art affects people, but the skill and content is different, and there are better versions of star trek than others.
youre proving my point,,

if you want to talk about talent and effects the original series sucked ass,,

its about the story and the ability to act,,

which timeline??
the kelvin or original??

what it is is a whole new story line,,
take it for what it is,,
enterprise was in the original....and no it wasnt a new storyline it took place in the original series universe a hundred years before kirk.....so archer knew what a real Klingon looked like and kirk had no idea,,,,right....

1723256778454.png

Forum List

Back