Star Trek is better than it used to be

Blackrook

Diamond Member
Jun 20, 2014
The recent shows like Picard, Strange New Worlds and Discovery are better than TNG and all the shows of that era. Why do you think that is?

Discovery sucks donkey balls. They went completely fucking WOKE with that shit and completely turned the show into an abomination.

Have absolutely no interest in Picard. And yes, I've seen the trailers and commercials for it. And still it looks like regurgitated crap from the 80's.

New Worlds has been ok so far. Unfortunately they are just as propagandized as the original series was, in the regard they are forcing their opinions on people about things they don't need to be engaging in. They need to keep it clean from political and prejudiced driven viewpoints, and focus on exploring the galaxy and discovering new worlds and new civilizations. Not pandering to the political propaganda.

If they don't stop, I won't be watching anymore.

The show was always pushing a liberal agenda. If you don't like it now you shouldn't have liked it before.

TNG and DS9 were not good TV shows, I've never liked any of their episodes.

The recent shows like Picard, Strange New Worlds and Discovery are better than TNG and all the shows of that era. Why do you think that is?

Budgets and productions values.

As cheesy as TOS episodes can be when watched with modern eyes ... in 1967, THIS was cutting-edge TV. Nothing like it had ever existed.

In 1967, we watched "Gomer Pyle", "Beverly Hillbillies", and "Bewitched". If we wanted something a little more serious, we would watch "Combat" or "I Spy".

These shows didn't exactly deal with cutting edge social problems as parables in the same way "Star Trek" did.

Some people make the argument that the new shows are "woke" but I would argue that, based on the standards of the times, the original "Star Trek" was more "woke" than any of its offspring today.

Discovery sucks giant ****** ass....

Strange new worlds the only two white dudes are spock and pike ...the ship is run by women ...but I'd totally let #1 sit on my face ...something about her ...she's sexy

Discovery sucks giant ****** ass....

Strange new worlds the only two white dudes are spock and pike ...the ship is run by women ...but I'd totally let #1 sit on my face ...something about her ...she's sexy
Rebecca Romain used to be a real “it” girl. She once was married to John Stamos. She lost some of her shine. But I think she’s become a better actress even on a SCI for series.

Last edited:
0CB82AE9-9A5E-46CE-A8D5-E84DA1B3C7B6.jpeg

As mystique.

Star Trek has always been woke, nothing new.
No. Star Trek was always hip, and their liberal writing was subtle and was 'woven' into traditional storylines.

In today's Star Trek, the 'wokeness' is the storyline.

It's because the story line has kept evolving and the science of science fiction is a much broader subject matter to get ideas from

Budgets and productions values.

As cheesy as TOS episodes can be when watched with modern eyes ... in 1967, THIS was cutting-edge TV. Nothing like it had ever existed.

In 1967, we watched "Gomer Pyle", "Beverly Hillbillies", and "Bewitched". If we wanted something a little more serious, we would watch "Combat" or "I Spy".

These shows didn't exactly deal with cutting edge social problems as parables in the same way "Star Trek" did.

Some people make the argument that the new shows are "woke" but I would argue that, based on the standards of the times, the original "Star Trek" was more "woke" than any of its offspring today.
But it still had machismo to go with a message it sent. The original was not as much an ensemble cast as the top 3 characters. All the follow-on programs became ensemble although TNG was idealized as dominated by the top characters also but changed. We are supposed to believe in the action with that being a stretch at times and the woke entertainment today goes way far beyond that.

Forum List

Back