Starbucks employees now encouraged to berate you over thorny racial issues in America

Why would that money be paid to you if it was paid into SS? Thats a pretty dumb comparison to the wages the enslaved earned but never were allowed to use.
Really? You don't see any comparison between money earned, and extorted by government that is retained (not repaid), and money "earned" but not paid?
Youre reaching and its obvious. What does SS (which people get back after retiring) have to do with unpaid wages?
Not everyone gets that money back. Both my parents died before they started receiving SS. So, what happened to all the money they paid into that fund? It certainly was not returned to their designated inheritors or their children. There's basically no difference between wages unpaid but that would be collected by survivors and SS unpaid.
Youre talking about one offs for starters. Nobody that was enslaved got any of their money. Their money wasnt put into a system to provide for their retirement. They were not able to draw on it at retirement age. They were not able to use it to purchase land and resources. Does that make sense to you?
Money never paid, money taken and not re-paid, both constitute theft of services without remuneration, i.e. slavery.
That only works if the money is never paid back which I pointed out is usually a one off. Besides white people arent the only ones that pay SS. Youre way off base talking about an issue that has nothing to do with back wages owed Black people.

Wouldn't it be great if all the money my parents and grandparents paid into SS in their lifetimes would be remitted to me and my siblings. After all, that was money they earned that the government stole from them. Yah, ain't gonna happen, is it. I will gladly pay anyone I enslaved what they may have earned while in that state. Otherwise, get the fuck over it. I have never owned slaves, my ancestors in this country never owned slaves. Go look somewhere else for your free-ride hand out. Or better yet, get a job and earn your own way, quit relying on "earnings" of someone far in your past.
Why would that money be paid to you if it was paid into SS? Thats a pretty dumb comparison to the wages the enslaved earned but never were allowed to use.
Really? You don't see any comparison between money earned, and extorted by government that is retained (not repaid), and money "earned" but not paid?
Youre reaching and its obvious. What does SS (which people get back after retiring) have to do with unpaid wages?
Not everyone gets that money back. Both my parents died before they started receiving SS. So, what happened to all the money they paid into that fund? It certainly was not returned to their designated inheritors or their children. There's basically no difference between wages unpaid but that would be collected by survivors and SS unpaid.
Youre talking about one offs for starters. Nobody that was enslaved got any of their money. Their money wasnt put into a system to provide for their retirement. They were not able to draw on it at retirement age. They were not able to use it to purchase land and resources. Does that make sense to you?
They are all dead. Their children are all dead. Their grand children are all dead. The descendants of slaves, without proof that they are the descendants of slaves, got affirmative action, welfare and complete support while in prison. Their children got the same. Now their grand children get too.

They are all dead. Their children are all dead. Their grand children are all dead. The descendants of slaves, without proof that they are the descendants of slaves, got affirmative action, welfare and complete support while in prison. Their children got the same. Now their grand children get too.
So are all the people that provided legacies for the whites that own most of the resources in the country. I dont get your point?

Money never paid, money taken and not re-paid, both constitute theft of services without remuneration, i.e. slavery.
That only works if the money is never paid back which I pointed out is usually a one off. Besides white people arent the only ones that pay SS. Youre way off base talking about an issue that has nothing to do with back wages owed Black people.
Back wages owed to the black people who earned them. Hey, I have no problem with forcing anyone who owned slaves to pay into a fund to be used to compensate anyone who was held as a slave, based on the minimum wage at the time, or any common wages that would have been paid to non-slave employees. That would be fair. File a case against the family (families) you claim held your long-lost relatives as slaves. We have the legal system. Otherwise, it's time to get over it and move on.

All benefits which have more than compensated "descendants" of slaves substantially.

Back wages owed to the black people who earned them. Hey, I have no problem with forcing anyone who owned slaves to pay into a fund to be used to compensate anyone who was held as a slave, based on the minimum wage at the time, or any common wages that would have been paid to non-slave employees. That would be fair. File a case against the family (families) you claim held your long-lost relatives as slaves. We have the legal system. Otherwise, it's time to get over it and move on.
Since the entire country benefited from slavery I disagree. The country should pay. Thats like saying only the military should have paid back the Japanese.

I dont have to get over anything. You asked me about it. I was just telling you.

All benefits which have more than compensated "descendants" of slaves substantially.
Actually white people have had way more affirmative action, welfare and complete support while in prison. Not even the same ball park in regards to reparations.

Since the entire country benefited from slavery I disagree. The country should pay. Thats like saying only the military should have paid back the Japanese.

I dont have to get over anything. You asked me about it. I was just telling you.
Who should be paid? What criteria do you suggest for potential recipients of such tax-payer funded largesse?

Who should be paid? What criteria do you suggest for potential recipients of such tax-payer funded largesse?
Black people.

So are all the people that provided legacies for the whites that own most of the resources in the country. I dont get your point?

You know only like 5-6% of whites in the South back then owned slaves...right? Most Southern whites back then were dirt poor. And their ancestors stayed poor until someone on the family tree did well.

Or did you miss history class?

Your race is becoming expert at excuse making.

Starbucks needs to stick to serving burnt tasting coffee and stay out of things like this.

We now live in an era in which corporate executives have grown convinced that their customers don’t merely want a product or a service, but spiritual and intellectual enlightenment. And they’re relying on their entry-level employees to provide it.

Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz has decided that his 4,700-store enterprise is no longer just going to be offering customers coffee, frothy drinks, and overpriced pastries. His baristas will soon serve up a venti-size helping of social justice.

Starbucks employees now encouraged to berate you over thorny racial issues in America Hot Air

I don't think you have the right premise at all. They are hoping to create a dialogue with the customers. Start talking about what is going wrong in race relations today. Talk about Obama and Holder and what they reap in creating bad feelings between the races if you like. You might find a black couple agreeing with you at the next table! Sometimes it's just a matter of common sense and we sell the other race short.

Starbucks needs to stick to serving burnt tasting coffee and stay out of things like this.

We now live in an era in which corporate executives have grown convinced that their customers don’t merely want a product or a service, but spiritual and intellectual enlightenment. And they’re relying on their entry-level employees to provide it.

Starbucks CEO Howard Schultz has decided that his 4,700-store enterprise is no longer just going to be offering customers coffee, frothy drinks, and overpriced pastries. His baristas will soon serve up a venti-size helping of social justice.

Starbucks employees now encouraged to berate you over thorny racial issues in America Hot Air

Happy St Patricks day. Racist to have your own day right? Or is that only when blacks have their own?

This is probably why they didnt want guns in their stores so the racists wont go nutball when bringing up black people and rights
Sometimes reading your posts are a waste on time.

Black people.
Of course. But not all of them, certainly. I associate with many who manage to earn their way without demanding ridiculous handouts based on vague, shrouded claims of past slights. You know, the people with some modicum of self-respect and self-reliance...oh, wait, maybe not! Sorry, thought you were decent...

How long before there's an altercation and someone sues them. I can just see an employee geetting punched and then suing Starbucks because they told them to talk about race. That will cost them a few million bucks.

I suggest they don't begin this policy in Ferguson.

Black people.
Of course. But not all of them, certainly. I associate with many who manage to earn their way without demanding ridiculous handouts based on vague, shrouded claims of past slights. You know, the people with some modicum of self-respect and self-reliance...oh, wait, maybe not! Sorry, thought you were decent...

You find me a black slave today and I will talk to the white master about giving him back wages.

Only about 5% of whites back then even owned slaves.

The other 95% of white family trees were dirt poor and had to work their way out of it...and many never did and thats why we have white trailor parks. White privilege. ..what a myth.

Black people.
Which ones? Far more blacks have immigrated here one their own than were brought over as slaves. So not all blacks deserve to get paid. If one of your relatives was a free Northerner they don't deserve to get paid. Any white people in your family tree? You shouldn't get paid anything for them, according to you you would owe some money for that.

Black people.

You find me a black slave today and I will talk to the white master about giving him back wages.
Exactly the point!

Forum List

Back