State Book

Well, whatever you do, dont' vacation in Tennessee.

Someone might hand you a Bible, and cripple you for life.

What would other state books be ?

Oklahoma - Grapes of Wrath
Mississippi - Huck Finn
New York - Guys and Dolls

Why does Tennessee need an official state book? Most of them can't read anyway! I know, because my ex wife was from TN, and the stuff she learned in 10th grade, I had already learned in 6th. Their school system sucks.

And.............why do they need to make it the Bible? Is God going to show them more favor because they are using His book?

Why does Tennessee need an official state book? Most of them can't read anyway! I know, because my ex wife was from TN, and the stuff she learned in 10th grade, I had already learned in 6th. Their school system sucks.

And.............why do they need to make it the Bible? Is God going to show them more favor because they are using His book?

Nice bigotry.

States have official state boats, books, rocks, flower, tree, folk dance and on and on. Really of all the things in the world people want to cry about and they choose a state book?

People need to grow up.

At least the stuff was learned in school at some point. To me its better late than never. Sadly several of my family members never did learn, may they rest in peace.

God bless you always!!!

Holly (class of 2000 from a school in east TN)

P.S. I do second the first thing that you say here though. Why is an official book needed for any state at all period? The way that each one is will not be any different one way or another.

Forum List

Back