State sterilized inmates against their will

A lot of things occur in jail but because we've managed to do two things: Lock up the most citizens of any other Country and 2) Made someone in jail appear less than human

Most look the other way with a "they deserve it" or "who cares attitude"

Would you prefer we didn't lock them up and just did as other countries do and either execute them or let them run wild?

false premise. other countries do not execute and do not lock that many people.
Mandatory sentencing is one of the reasons we have so many inmates.
And it is a business, too

I seriously hate mandos. it gives the prosecution too much leverage.

There is a criminal CULTURE...and please do not deny that, it would make you look incredibly stupid.

There have always been cultures considered outside the law or outside the norm. It's offering sterilization that picques me.

What good could that possibly do? Do you think criminality is hereditary?

Most of these "criminals" are locked up for victimless crimes. 1 in 97 Americans behind bars right?

There is no such thing as a victimless crime.

Would you prefer we didn't lock them up and just did as other countries do and either execute them or let them run wild?

false premise. other countries do not execute and do not lock that many people.
Mandatory sentencing is one of the reasons we have so many inmates.
And it is a business, too

I seriously hate mandos. it gives the prosecution too much leverage.

it gives government too much leverage.
as does forced sterilization.

There have always been cultures considered outside the law or outside the norm. It's offering sterilization that picques me.

What good could that possibly do? Do you think criminality is hereditary?

Most of these "criminals" are locked up for victimless crimes. 1 in 97 Americans behind bars right?

There is no such thing as a victimless crime.

he, probably, meant non-violent. And there are victimless crimes as well - because there are extremely stupid laws on the books going back 200 years back sometimes, and if the government wants to enforce it - you are toast.

A lot of things occur in jail but because we've managed to do two things: Lock up the most citizens of any other Country and 2) Made someone in jail appear less than human

Most look the other way with a "they deserve it" or "who cares attitude"

Those aren't the only choices junior. You cant handicap the debate only on your terms

Female inmates must be sterilized or they will get pregnant, this is bad as it would provide proof that the guards are fucking them, no pregnancy .......... no proof.
I mean seriously ........... if you cant grab hotties off the streets and put em in prisons, then use them like a plastic fuck doll, then what the hell are we doing here people !!!!

From the link:

Montano, 42, was serving time after pleading guilty to burglary, forgery and receiving stolen property. The mother of seven children, she said neither Heinrich nor the medical staff told her why she needed a tubal ligation.

I don't consider burglary, forgery, and receiving stolen property to be victimless crimes.

I do consider a mother with seven children who is a thief to be a situation where it would be extremely irresponsible not to suggest she stop having kids.

The State of California is doing the right thing in encouraging free tubal litigations: good for the woman, good for the tax payer.

And Jake proves, yet again, that he is a fascist. Admit it, dude: you would be FINE with forcibly sterilizing these women! You would be fine with sterilizing EVERY woman in prison.

How psychotic.

One of the criminals in the story had seven children. These are seven kids with a mom in prison. If I worked at the prison, I would ask her, "ARE YOU FUCKING RETARDED?!?!" and I would strongly suggest she stop having kids and offer a free tubal ligation.

You call that coercion? I call that bringing some common sense to a seriously fucked up situation.

She's 42...I suspect a tubal ligation is moot in her case.

The State of California is doing the right thing in encouraging free tubal litigations: good for the woman, good for the tax payer.

And Jake proves, yet again, that he is a fascist. Admit it, dude: you would be FINE with forcibly sterilizing these women! You would be fine with sterilizing EVERY woman in prison.

How psychotic.

Look at it from a financial point. Abortion is sold as a cost cutting measure. Have an abortion and you won't have to support unwanted children. Just pay for a series of abortions. With a one time sterilization there isn't the cost of all those abortions.

Forum List

Back