State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why didn't you guys cry when PA laws first appeared in the 60s?

Probably because I was in lindergarten.

Why such ignorance? Do you not understand the way our laws work and the reason why they exist? Are you advocating for Americans to discriminate against gay people?

I'm not advocating it, but the freedom to associate also means the freedom to no associate for whatever reason you deem appropriate.

That applies to your personal life, yes. Not with your business practice. Not for "whatever" reason. Nope.

Bullshit. My business is my personal property. Why should government have any authority to tell me who I have to serve? Do you think government should have authority to force you to invite people into your home that you don't want to invite?

Have you been upset about it since 1964 or just recently?

Toaster ovens don't own businesses, people do. Your point is that government can do anything it wants, regardless of the Constitution. It's purpose is to restrict government from trampling on our freedoms. Liberals invent laws to do exactly that. Freedom vs. tyranny.
Incorrect. In fact, PA laws have had their Constitutionality challenged. Guess what happened.

Government decided they have any fucking power they want and they can do anything they fucking want to because it's up to government what their powers are.

Am I right?
Let me ask you...what are you ACTIVELY doing to get PA laws off the books? Because there IS a way. You can vote for those who promise to repeal such laws. You can run yourself for office. You can petition. You can help fund organizations who lobby to get such laws repealed. You can start such an organization if you wish. All those avenues are open to you.

Trying to change minds
Well, it ain't workin'. Your position is one of hatred. Give it up,

The only hate here is from your side.

Sure they do. Try to say you won't serve Christians or Jews. Try it. Make a public announcement on Twitter and FB.

So LGBT is a church then?
LGBT are minorities, and here minorities are protected from the whims of the majority. Now you know.

bakers who don't want to work gay weddings are a minority as well.
I'm sure hope but that doesn't change the fact that they opened a public accommodation. if they only baked wedding cakes for straight friends they'd have no issues at all.

Sure they do. Try to say you won't serve Christians or Jews. Try it. Make a public announcement on Twitter and FB.

LGBT are minorities, and here minorities are protected from the whims of the majority. Now you know.

I'm sure hope but that doesn't change the fact that they opened a public accommodation. if they only baked wedding cakes for straight friends they'd have no issues at all.

A by contract baking service is not a public accommodation.

Incorrect. In fact, PA laws have had their Constitutionality challenged. Guess what happened.

Government decided they have any fucking power they want and they can do anything they fucking want to because it's up to government what their powers are.

Am I right?
Let me ask you...what are you ACTIVELY doing to get PA laws off the books? Because there IS a way. You can vote for those who promise to repeal such laws. You can run yourself for office. You can petition. You can help fund organizations who lobby to get such laws repealed. You can start such an organization if you wish. All those avenues are open to you.

Trying to change minds

That's not even close to the truth but there is plenty of good reason to hate your kind.

Am I right?

Trying to change minds

That's not even close to the truth but there is plenty of good reason to hate your kind.

it is the truth, and your further statement proves it.

Twat Bigot.

So, change to that, if you think you can get away with it. Just don't sell to the public. You can't have your no faggot cake and sell it too, unless you are very, very careful.

Trying to change minds

Twat Bigot.
Hating the faggots is one of the few things your side does well....

So, change to that, if you think you can get away with it. Just don't sell to the public. You can't have your no faggot cake and sell it too, unless you are very, very careful.

It's not what I want to get away with, that has nothing to do with it. it's about government being able to ruin someone over something as stupid as politely saying they don't want to provide a wedding cake for a gay wedding.

It's also about the fascist cheering squad you belong to, and the fact that your are all miserable, detestable pond scum forgeries of actual human beings.

Trying to change minds

Twat Bigot.

Not wanting to be a part of something is not hate. if they actively tried to prevent the wedding from occurring, that would be hate.

Your side actually hates anyone that disagrees with them, and the proof is the loud cheering that goes on when government ruins said people.

It's not what I want to get away with, that has nothing to do with it. it's about government being able to ruin someone over something as stupid as politely saying they don't want to provide a wedding cake for a gay wedding.

It's also about the fascist cheering squad you belong to, and the fact that your are all miserable, detestable pond scum forgeries of actual human beings.
Learn to be rational. If the law says Serve One, Serve All, do that.

Twat Bigot.

Not wanting to be a part of something is not hate. if they actively tried to prevent the wedding from occurring, that would be hate.

Your side actually hates anyone that disagrees with them, and the proof is the loud cheering that goes on when government ruins said people.
People like Melissa put herself out of business. The rules were published and she broke them. Don't you believe in obeying the law?

And as for hating someone like Melissa? With all my heart and soul. If she ends up at a soup kitchen that would be good for her, she might fucking grow up.

I already answered that one.

No you didn't, the interest may be compelling to YOU, but hurt feelings do not a compelling interest make.

I already explained above in the post you quoted how it benefits the states. Economic development, attracting business, smooth business flow.

those are not compelling without some direct harm involved.
Who are you to make that "direct harm" call for others?

I am the person defending other's right to various freedoms.

Why is one person's butthurt more than another person's butthurt in the absence of actual harm?
Wait...you support the alleged butthurt of those who break the law? Do you also support the butthurt of those who steal? Those who murder? Worry about their feelings, do you?

Learn to be rational. If the law says Serve One, Serve All, do that.

The law used to say blacks had to use separate water fountains. Where was your respect for the law then?

Appeal to authority isn't a position, its a cop out.

Twat Bigot.

People like Melissa put herself out of business. The rules were published and she broke them. Don't you believe in obeying the law?

No, the government did that. stop trying to blame the actual victim.

Under Oregon State Law, Sweetcakes by Melissa was a business and fell under their Public Accommodation law.

>>>>

The law is wrongly applied. Stop arguing mechanics and deal with the outcomes/results.

I swear some people have law OCD, the law is the law is the law is the law is the law. etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back