State Takes Legal Action to Seize $135K From Bakers Who Refused to Make Cake for Lesbian Couple

Status
Not open for further replies.
And now it is no more, as is appropriate...

Nice gloating there, fucktard.
It makes me happy when justice is served.

This isn't justice.
The hell it isn't. She got nailed, and deserved to be. Obey the law, or face the consequences.

Wrong laws shouldn't be there in the first place, or at most laws should not be misapplied.
You believe that the law is wrong however the courts and the American people do not which means, you're fucked. Now what?

No, the government did that. stop trying to blame the actual victim.
She's not the victim, not even close. Those were the two lesbians, who she has yet to pay off and will soon lose her house over should she not. Same thing, she's fuckin' dumb.

Show me the actual harm.
Read the complaint. It's why the two women were awarded 135K. That, and the fact that Melissa broke the law.

No harm seen there, except hurt feewings.
Since it wasn't for you to judge, it matters not a damn...

it shouldn't be government's either, not for something like this.

In your personal life, you can refuse to associate with whomever you wish. You can hate them. You can go online and rant about them. You can call them names, etc. Whatever floats your boat, but you cannot carry that over into your business practice. This was determined a LONG time ago by the SC.

Doing business is your personal life. Selling pencils never made you government's bitch

No, it is not your personal life. There are laws and regulations set forth by each state that you must follow and that you agree to follow whenever you pen your name to the legal document known as a business permit.

Ah, OK, if I make a deal with someone to make a living I'm no longer free, I'm a slave to government. That makes sense, I get it now
You are a slave? You are FORCED to go into a certain business? You had no choice? You were FORCED to have a business in a specific state with specific PA laws? You had no choice? You are FORCED to quietly go along with laws? You're not allowed to vote for those who promise to repeal PA laws? You have no power of petition? You have no power to either join or start lobbying organizations to get such laws repealed?

I guess, if we look at it that way....you are also a slave to business safety and health laws too.

That statement that you are "forced" to go into business is just functionally retarded. I have to eat, I have to have a home, and I need to earn a living. To say I am not being forced to earn a living is just complete fucking bullshit. You are right about one thing, you're a clown
Exactly. No one is forced to go into the businesses they are in. Glad that you agree that there is freedom involved....no slavery. Yes you have to eat....yes you have to have a home...yes you have to earn a living. Who is FORCING you to choose the career you do have? Will you be complaining next about safety and health laws for your business enslaving you?

Nice gloating there, fucktard.

This isn't justice.
The hell it isn't. She got nailed, and deserved to be. Obey the law, or face the consequences.

Wrong laws shouldn't be there in the first place, or at most laws should not be misapplied.
You believe that the law is wrong however the courts and the American people do not which means, you're fucked. Now what?

The courts have been idiots for decades, and more people are coming around to the side of freedom. The backlash will only get bigger as your side gets more stupid.

Gender isn't in there, and neither is disability, veteran status, or a host of others we use in the law to protect people from being treated unfair. Toaster ovens aren't in their either but we laws regulating them...
Toaster ovens don't own businesses, people do. Your point is that government can do anything it wants, regardless of the Constitution. It's purpose is to restrict government from trampling on our freedoms. Liberals invent laws to do exactly that. Freedom vs. tyranny.
Incorrect. In fact, PA laws have had their Constitutionality challenged. Guess what happened.

Government decided they have any fucking power they want and they can do anything they fucking want to because it's up to government what their powers are.

Am I right?
Let me ask you...what are you ACTIVELY doing to get PA laws off the books? Because there IS a way. You can vote for those who promise to repeal such laws. You can run yourself for office. You can petition. You can help fund organizations who lobby to get such laws repealed. You can start such an organization if you wish. All those avenues are open to you.

Trying to change minds
It IS the American way to affect change, you know.

She's not the victim, not even close. Those were the two lesbians, who she has yet to pay off and will soon lose her house over should she not. Same thing, she's fuckin' dumb.

Show me the actual harm.
Read the complaint. It's why the two women were awarded 135K. That, and the fact that Melissa broke the law.

No harm seen there, except hurt feewings.
Since it wasn't for you to judge, it matters not a damn...

it shouldn't be government's either, not for something like this.
Your position is noted, and rejected since the real world disagrees...

This isn't justice.

The courts have been idiots for decades, and more people are coming around to the side of freedom. The backlash will only get bigger as your side gets more stupid.
My side has been winning since we founded the place, and even defeated your kind in a civil war. We're not worried, nor should we be.

That works, you can kick the assess of all the Christians and Jews out of your business you want to
Not with current PA laws I can't. I would be taken to court very very quickly. And I would lose.

Maybe not, the courts don't give a shit about Christians or Jews. Now if it's a Muslim we're talking...
"The courts don't give a shit about Christians or Jews".............where do you get that from?

It's more where you get it from, the kool-aid. What is your favorite? I'm guessing grape, am I right?
Can't answer, eh? Ok....not that I'm surprised.

I did answer, you just didn't grasp it

Piss on your tyrannical government laws.
Dissent is patriotic!

Lefties aren't singing that tune lately. Hmmmmm.

It still is...and you still suffer the consequences of breaking the law.
Not me. I'll simply lie about it if they try to force me into it. You'll have to prove it. Sorry if you couldn't whip me, asshole!

You did miss the point though, typical of you.
What a surprise? You lack ethics and integrity.
You wouldn't know it if your fat ass tripped over it.
I wouldn't know what? You just said, "I'll simply lie..." Lying is unethical and shows a lack of integrity.

It still is...and you still suffer the consequences of breaking the law.
Not me. I'll simply lie about it if they try to force me into it. You'll have to prove it. Sorry if you couldn't whip me, asshole!

You make it really easy when you admit you'd lie and break the law. That shows a lack of ethics and integrity.
YOUR ethics and integrity! You're an asshole on the internet, not God.
We were talking about your admitted lack of ethics and integrity. You know, where you said you would lie rather than either follow a law or engage in principled disobedience.

Religious nutters, freedom of religion has NOTHING to do with discriminating against people. The line is drawn. Your religious views can NOT conflict with our secular laws or violate another person's CIVIL rights. You nutters could say slavery is a part of your religious beliefs, or child molestation ( which obviously IS a belief in some religions anyways). Us SANE people say no way. You are free to practice your nutty beliefs, but you are not free to force them upon others through your business dealings or anywhere else.
So the gays can force their dealings on people, but it cant be the other way around? Hell, really, it isn't the other waqy around. They just don't want to sell their product to someone. If a black refused to make me a cake because I was white, I would laugh and go next door. Why in the fuck cant anyone else do that instead of supporting state sponsored mental conformity?
Also, I really don't think its "nutty" to be disgusted with gays.. Im not, but I understand if someone else is. People cant all be the same. Its not possible. And fascist legislation like this only divides further, puts one group of people over another and ruins lives for having a personal opinion. Its crazy!
That you are too much of a pussy to stand up for your right to not be discriminated against; that are so much of a coward that you would allow yourself and your children to be told that they are not good enough to patronize a business, does not mean that other people; those with more courage than you, should put up with that nonsense. If you are to gutless to fight the fight, thank God there are others who are not.

Religious nutters, freedom of religion has NOTHING to do with discriminating against people. The line is drawn. Your religious views can NOT conflict with our secular laws or violate another person's CIVIL rights. You nutters could say slavery is a part of your religious beliefs, or child molestation ( which obviously IS a belief in some religions anyways). Us SANE people say no way. You are free to practice your nutty beliefs, but you are not free to force them upon others through your business dealings or anywhere else.
So the gays can force their dealings on people, but it cant be the other way around? Hell, really, it isn't the other waqy around. They just don't want to sell their product to someone. If a black refused to make me a cake because I was white, I would laugh and go next door. Why in the fuck cant anyone else do that instead of supporting state sponsored mental conformity?
Also, I really don't think its "nutty" to be disgusted with gays.. Im not, but I understand if someone else is. People cant all be the same. Its not possible. And fascist legislation like this only divides further, puts one group of people over another and ruins lives for having a personal opinion. Its crazy!
That you are too much of a pussy to stand up for your right to not be discriminated against; that are so much of a coward that you would allow yourself and your children to be told that they are not good enough to patronize a business, does not mean that other people; those with more courage than you, should put up with that nonsense. If you are to gutless to fight the fight, thank God there are others who are not.
Stand up and fight? You mean claiming tolerance will doing NOTHING but showing intolerance? Ruining those peoples lives because they don't agree with your lifestyle? Fuck that hypocritical bullshit.

Gays are not forcing anyone to do anything. If you feel you cannot serve gays (I use the term "you" generally, not YOU in particular :)), and cannot follow your state's anti-discrimination SECULAR laws which are based on equality in business dealings, then you do not have to go into business.

People can feel disgusted or any other way they happen to feel, but that does not give them any right to single out any particular group of tax-paying American citizens who contribute to our economy. It is bad and STUPID business for any state to adopt. That is why it is illegal in our country. We are not Iran and our laws do not support any particular theology, thankfully.

Instead of feeling "slighted" it is important to look at the bigger picture and why it is important to keep religious beliefs out of government and business. You are still free to practice any religion of your choosing and perform your religious customs/ceremonies/whatever.
Good morning BTW :)
Yes, that is EXACTLY what gays are doing. They are FORCING people to go against their will.
Equality in business dealings? How is it equal when you don't have free will?
If I had a car for sale and one of my enemies came to look at it, I wouldn't sell it to him. Should that be illegal? It is the SAME premise.
No, we are not Iran. Thank gawd :)
It isn't necessarily all about religion. Like I said, some people just find it disgusting and don't want to support something they don't like. Again, it is called free will and personal liberty.
"It is the SAME premise." Actually, it is a completely different premise. You have personal reasons; reasons unrelated to race, ethnicity, religion etc. Your judgment is based on the fact that guy is an asshole; not something like skin color, etc. The difference between judging people individually and judging them based on immutable characteristics is why the former is not illegal while the latter is.

Stand up and fight? You mean claiming tolerance will doing NOTHING but showing intolerance? Ruining those peoples lives because they don't agree with your lifestyle? Fuck that hypocritical bullshit.
No. I mean not allowing yourself to be cowered into accepting that some folks think you are a lesser human being because of an immutable think like race, gender, sexual orientation. Since you are clearly a white male who has never likely been denied service because of his race or had to see his children treated as lesser than others because of their race, and you don't seem to be very bright, it is not surprising you do not understand this.

You make it really easy when you admit you'd lie and break the law. That shows a lack of ethics and integrity.
We were talking about your admitted lack of ethics and integrity. You know, where you said you would lie rather than either follow a law or engage in principled disobedience.
Yep, I lie so filthy shitstains like you couldn't put me out of business. I also pointed out that your love of law only works when you approve it. I'm honest about it, you aren't. You're just a fat shitstain that loves tyranny.

No. I mean not allowing yourself to be cowered into accepting that some folks think you are a lesser human being because of an immutable think like race, gender, sexual orientation. Since you are clearly a white male who has never likely been denied service because of his race or had to see his children treated as lesser than others because of their race, and you don't seem to be very bright, it is not surprising you do not understand this.
No one said gays were lessor humans, you lying piece of shit.

Once you apply for and sign a business permit, you are already agreeing to abide by that particular state's laws regarding business practice.
I will not argue that. lol
My only argument is its not right. I dont agree with mental conformity.
I do agree with free will and personal liberty.
Did I mention I was "pro-choice"? :rofl:

I am pro free will and liberty too. Nobody forces you to open a public accommodation business. :) No one is telling how to conduct your personal life or how to feel, but yes, there are going to be rules and regulations whenever you open a business.

This is the same argument that was used against anti-discrimination laws against black people way back when, such as interracial marriages, and serving black people at certain businesses. The only difference? The discrimination now against our gay citizens is based upon personal sexual habits rather than skin color. It failed then and fails now.
I agree with the top. Im not saying these people didn't break the law, I am saying it shouldn't be a law in the first place. In fact, if you gave me a couple hours I could probably gather some good information to explain how it is also unconstitutional. Because, frankly, there is no possible way that it is.
People should be able to refuse service to anyone they feel they don't want to sell their product to. People have a right to feel uncomfortable, a right to personal opinion, a right to the company they OWN and a right to be an asshole.
"if you gave me a couple hours I could probably gather some good information to explain how it is also unconstitutional" So, you think, in those couple of hours, you would be able to secure an Amendment to the constitution that would make public accommodation laws no longer constitutional. That is what you would have to do since these laws have been around for decades and have been challenged in the past without any success.

Once you apply for and sign a business permit, you are already agreeing to abide by that particular state's laws regarding business practice.
I will not argue that. lol
My only argument is its not right. I dont agree with mental conformity.
I do agree with free will and personal liberty.
Did I mention I was "pro-choice"? :rofl:

I am pro free will and liberty too. Nobody forces you to open a public accommodation business. :) No one is telling how to conduct your personal life or how to feel, but yes, there are going to be rules and regulations whenever you open a business.

This is the same argument that was used against anti-discrimination laws against black people way back when, such as interracial marriages, and serving black people at certain businesses. The only difference? The discrimination now against our gay citizens is based upon personal sexual habits rather than skin color. It failed then and fails now.
I agree with the top. Im not saying these people didn't break the law, I am saying it shouldn't be a law in the first place. In fact, if you gave me a couple hours I could probably gather some good information to explain how it is also unconstitutional. Because, frankly, there is no possible way that it is.
People should be able to refuse service to anyone they feel they don't want to sell their product to. People have a right to feel uncomfortable, a right to personal opinion, a right to the company they OWN and a right to be an asshole.
"People have a right to feel uncomfortable, a right to personal opinion, a right to the company they OWN and a right to be an asshole." And that is which of the Bill of Rights?

What if the baker were an emergency room surgeon in a small hospital in the south, and he refused to operate on a critical patient because he was gay.

Does he have the right to let someone die because it would infringe on his religious rights.

Yep, I lie so filthy shitstains like you couldn't put me out of business. I also pointed out that your love of law only works when you approve it. I'm honest about it, you aren't. You're just a fat shitstain that loves tyranny.
Put you out of business? You call sitting on your ass spewing racist nonsense a business?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back