Statue paying homage to Satan to be unveiled in Detroit

Where_r_my_Keys

Gold Member
Jan 19, 2014
And only 3 weeks after The Left Federally Licenses Degeneracy:

DETROIT, MI (WNEM) -

The Satanic Temple Detroit Chapter is getting ready to unveil a controversial sculpture in Detroit.

A bronze Baphomet monument will be revealed on Saturday, July 25 at Berts Warehouse Entertainment.

The one ton, 9-foot tall monument reportedly pays homage to Satan.

The Satanic Temple said the statue is “intended to complement and contrast the Ten Commandments monument that already resides on Oklahoma State Capitol grounds.”

The Temple also said the event will “serve as a call-to-arms” to kick off a fight “in the name of individual rights to exercise against self-serving theocrats.”

Statue paying homage to Satan to be unveiled in Detroit - Toledo News Now News Weather Sports Toledo OH

It shouldn't be long now... .

• Banned
Here’s the First Look at the New Satanic Monument Being Built for Oklahoma’s Statehouse...

In January the Satanic Temple announced plans to erect a monument glorifying the Dark Lord on the front lawn of the Oklahoma Statehouse. An Indiegogo campaign was launched with what seemed like a somewhat lofty goal of $20,000, but by the time donations ended almost $30,000 had been raised. Now an artist trained in classical sculpture is toiling away in New York, crafting a Baphomet figure sitting beneath an inverted pentagram and flanked by two children gazing upward in loyalty. When it is finished, it will be cast in bronze and, the Satanists hope, eventually displayed in Oklahoma.

The statue is a direct response to the state's installation of a Ten Commandments monument outside the Capitol in 2012. State Representative Mike Ritze paid for the controversial statue with his own money, and therefore it was considered a donation and OK to place on government property. Following that line of reasoning, the Satanic Temple submitted a formal application for their monument.

As Trait Thompson of the Oklahoma Capitol Preservation Commission told CNN last December, “Individuals and groups are free to apply to place a monument or statue or artwork.” The applications are then approved or rejected by the Commission. Unfortunately, the state has placed a halt on issuing permits for any other monuments until a lawsuit filed by the ACLU against Ritze’s Commandments monument is settled.

Screen-Shot-2014-05-01-at-1-24-57-PM.jpg

Nonetheless, the Satanists are building this thing, and I was offered an early peek at the work in progress by Temple spokesperson Lucien Greaves. Greaves told me he has received numerous threats from people who want to attack the sculpture, but that he “wouldn’t expect these outraged and nearly insensible reactionaries to actually know how to assault a bronze monument without severely hurting themselves in the process.” Still, he’s not taking any chances. The Temple is building a mold of the sculpture so they can pop these things out like evil, terribly expensive action figures whenever they need a new one.

“Depending on our insurance policy,” Greaves said, “we may be able to cast two from the destruction of one, expediting our arrival to the next battleground.”

The Temple estimates that the monument will be finished in a few months. Once it’s done, they plan to put it in front of the Oklahoma Statehouse regardless of the the Capitol Preservation Commission’s ongoing battle against the ACLU. They feel this should be allowed because their application was submitted before all the hullabaloo over Ritze’s monument.

“After all,” Greaves told me, “the Ten Commandments still stand at the State Capitol. We are fully willing to place our monument at the Capitol, even while the ACLU suit is fought, with the understanding that a judgment against the Ten Commandments will have ramifications for our monument as well, likely resulting in the removal of both.”

This is what happens when one tolerates Degenerates... where the idiots proclaim that 'discrimination' is wrong.

In fact discrimination is an essential to viability of the Individual and by extension the Culture.

And where a culture loses the means to determine the different, OKA: discriminate, between that which is right and from that which is wrong... thus the inevitable increase in that which is wrong.

Ya see Reader... that is the nature of Evil.

Last edited:
Good Lord, some people are so sick that they are on the edge of true evil. Just like the bozos that make decisions...The Confederate flag goes down and satan goes up. What's wrong here?

Bert's warehouse entertainment? Only in America. Get used to the word "baphomet". I never heard of it before but it seems to be the new artsy term for the sculpture of a goat like satanic figure. The dirty little secret is that Christians who have been ostracized for about a quarter of a century in the public sector during the (1947 KKK supreme court decision) democrat control of the public sector would be thrilled to have open and equal representation under the 1st Amendment in the public sector even in competition with a freaking baphomet. Bring it on.

Last edited:
So much for freedom of religion. I guess you christians believe that only christians have that right.

I guess people believe that only christians can erect buildings, monuments and statues.

This is America. Everyone can believe as they choose and no one has any right to stop them.

While I don't agree with their faith, I'm an American and we Americans protect everyone's freedom of religion.

They aren't harming anyone and all you christians should stop trying to take freedom of religion from those who don't follow your faith.

Bert's wharehouse entertainment? Get used to the word "baphomet". I never heard of it before but it seems to be the new artsy term for the sculpture of a goat like satanic figure. The dirty little secret is that Christians who have been outlawed for about the quarter of a century that democrats have been in control would be thrilled to have open and equal representation in the public sector even with a freaking baphomet.

Can ya clean that up a little... ya seemed pretty vague there.

Are ya standing up for Unadulterated Evil, by trying to reconfigure its symbolism into something innocuous?

I mean sure... it seemed like ya were, but I wouldn't want to misjudge you, so I offer ya this opportunity to clear it up.

So much for freedom of religion. I guess you christians believe that only christians have that right.

I guess people believe that only christians can erect buildings, monuments and statues.

This is America. Everyone can believe as they choose and no one has any right to stop them.

While I don't agree with their faith, I'm an American and we Americans protect everyone's freedom of religion.

They aren't harming anyone and all you christians should stop trying to take freedom of religion from those who don't follow your faith.

So this is turned to knocking Christians? I would hope 99% of the population sees something wrong here, but that is not you.

And only 3 weeks after The Left Federally Licenses Degeneracy:

DETROIT, MI (WNEM) -

The Satanic Temple Detroit Chapter is getting ready to unveil a controversial sculpture in Detroit.

A bronze Baphomet monument will be revealed on Saturday, July 25 at Berts Warehouse Entertainment.

The one ton, 9-foot tall monument reportedly pays homage to Satan.

The Satanic Temple said the statue is “intended to complement and contrast the Ten Commandments monument that already resides on Oklahoma State Capitol grounds.”

The Temple also said the event will “serve as a call-to-arms” to kick off a fight “in the name of individual rights to exercise against self-serving theocrats.”

Statue paying homage to Satan to be unveiled in Detroit - Toledo News Now News Weather Sports Toledo OH

It shouldn't be long now... .

They wouldnt allow that if it was holding a Confederate flag

THANK YOU!

Another example of how the failure to discriminate rots the culture.

It's much appreciated.

Would anyone care to join a pool, where the wager is how many of those who come to declare their support for equal protection under the law for abject evil, are LEFTISTS?

I'm in for 95-100%... with the slack, if any... being comprised of Moderate/Independents (Leftists without the courage to commit)

Last edited:

THANK YOU!

It's much appreciated.

Would anyone care to join a pool, where the wager is how many of those who come to declare their support for equal protection under the law for abject evil, are LEFTISTS?

I'm in for 95-100%...
I'd be in, but you took my box.

THANK YOU!

It's much appreciated.

I'm in for 95-100%...

Yeah... I had a feelin' that was a winner.

THANK YOU!

It's much appreciated.

I'm in for 95-100%...

Yeah... I had a feelin' that was a winner.
:beer:

Forum List

Back