Statue paying homage to Satan to be unveiled in Detroit

So much for freedom of religion. I guess you christians believe that only christians have that right.

I guess people believe that only christians can erect buildings, monuments and statues.

This is America. Everyone can believe as they choose and no one has any right to stop them.

While I don't agree with their faith, I'm an American and we Americans protect everyone's freedom of religion.

They aren't harming anyone and all you christians should stop trying to take freedom of religion from those who don't follow your faith.

That's the thing to remember. Whenever you hear about freedom of religion, or religious concience, or religious expression, in almost every case add the word Christian to the front of it. And you'll get the real meaning.

If its a Muslim or a Wiccan or anyone that the wingers don't like.....then they actively fight the very freedom of religion they demand for themselves. Or as the OP himself has said: 'eradicate Islam'.

So much for freedom of religion. I guess you christians believe that only christians have that right.

I guess people believe that only christians can erect buildings, monuments and statues.

This is America. Everyone can believe as they choose and no one has any right to stop them.

While I don't agree with their faith, I'm an American and we Americans protect everyone's freedom of religion.

They aren't harming anyone and all you christians should stop trying to take freedom of religion from those who don't follow your faith.

That's the thing to remember. Whenever you hear about freedom of religion, or religious concience, or religious expression, in almost every case add the word Christian to the front of it. And you'll get the real meaning.

If its a Muslim or a Wiccan or anyone that the wingers don't like.....then they actively fight the very freedom of religion they demand for themselves. Or as the OP himself has said: 'eradicate Islam'.
I've missed the fighting against Muslims and Wiccans. Were there riots and parades I missed?

Good Lord, some people are so sick that they are on the edge of true evil. Just like the bozos that make decisions...The Confederate flag goes down and satan goes up. What's wrong here?

Allowing blacks to destroy our cities and run wild is the work of satan!!! The left loves both.

Yeah- the natural enemy of Satan is of course racists.....

Not "Satan" -- Baphomet. "Satan" is a creation of Christianism.

OH! So it IS more deception... which seeks to obscure the symbol of raw evil, and frame it in innocuous terms...

Sorta like renaming Degeneracy... "GAY".

LOL! My Lord you people are some seriously screwed up kinda wicked aren'tcha?

And the adherents to Satan would therefore be those who see 'racism' in everything, except the premise that being brown requires that a person isn't capable of feeding themselves and their family without a government subsidy, who allow the color of their skin to stand as an excuse for poor behavior and poor choices.

ROFLMNAO!

Well Reader, they're now showing you who they are. And its at this point that the WORM TURNS!

I've missed the fighting against Muslims and Wiccans. Were there riots and parades I missed?

So you missed Bachmann and other conservative Christians protesting the 'victory mosque' in New York? Or the conservative State legislatures passing laws to keep Sharia out of civil law? Or conservative Christians calling for the eradication of Islam.....or the banning of the Koran in the US?

If you've missed it, I'd be happy to clue you in.

And the adherents to Satan would therefore be those who see 'racism' in everything, except the premise that being brown requires that a person isn't capable of feeding themselves and their family without a government subsidy, who allow the color of their skin to stand as an excuse for poor behavior and poor choices.

ROFLMNAO!

Well Reader, they're now showing you who they are. And its at this point that the WORM TURNS!

That's incoherent word salad, even for you. So if you acknoweledge racism exists......you adhere to satan?

Its like you're doing a Church Lady sketch tonight.

OH! So it IS more deception... which seeks to obscure the symbol of raw evil, and frame it in innocuous terms...

Sorta like renaming Degeneracy... "GAY".

LOL! My Lord you people are some seriously screwed up kinda wicked aren'tcha?

Umm.... "you people"?

I'm simply reading the part of the article you apparently didn't while you were looking for ways to make thread posts into giant billboards.

I stand corrected. Baphomet. So can you tell me more? Are you a believer of Baphomet?

No. Just a student of mythology. With a nose for bullshit headlines.

It's always fascinated me how so many 'students of mythology' are also Leftists. And how almost inevitably, those Leftist students of mythology end up advocating for and otherwise adhering to the unprincipled, irrational tenets of evil.

What is up wit dat?

So you missed Bachmann and other conservative Christians protesting the 'victory mosque' in New York? Or the conservative State legislatures passing laws to keep Sharia out of civil law? Or conservative Christians calling for the eradication of Islam.....or the banning of the Koran in the US?

Shouldn't we keep Sharia Law out of civil law? That is an opinion I'm sure the majority with which the majority will agree. Cristians have not called for the eradication of Islam and the Koran has not been banned.

ROFLMNAO!

That's incoherent word salad.

Well thank you... and Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

Thanks for sharing it.

I stand corrected. Baphomet. So can you tell me more? Are you a believer of Baphomet?

It's always fascinated me how so many 'students of mythology' are also Leftists. And how almost inevitably, those Leftist students of mythology end up advocating for and otherwise adhering to the unprincipled, irrational tenets of evil.

What is up wit dat?

I'm really not interested in Baphomet. I just understand he's not the same thing as "Satan". And I don't believe in "evil" as such.

What I'm more interested in is bullshit rhetoric that morphs realities and myths into what's supposed to be an appeal to emotion, yet is nakedly transparent when it shows up. That's why I'm here.

You're welcome.

Shouldn't we keep Sharia Law out of civil law?

Shouldn't we keep ANY kind of religious law out of civil law? That's the hypocrisy. The Christian right don't want religious freedom as they describe it. They what CHRISTIAN freedom as they describe it. And would deny other religions the same power they demand be carved out for themselves in the law.

If a Christian judge religious objects with gay marriage and refuses to act in the capacity of his office in a way that violates his Christian principles regarding gay marriage. But a Muslim judge refused to rule in his official capacity in any manner that violates Sharia law.......well shouldn't we keep Sharia law out of civil law?

Its naked hypocrisy. From Victory Mosques to anti-Sharia laws to this thread itself......Christians often demand one special standard for themselves. And another for every one else.

No thank you. When pressed, even most Christians don't support their conception of 'religious freedom'. As its not religion they want to have special status. But Christianity. Exclusively and specifically.

That is an opinion I'm sure the majority with which the majority will agree. Cristians have not called for the eradication of Islam and the Koran has not been banned.

You might want to check with the guy who opened this thread. He's a Christian. And he's called for the eradication of Islam. And the eradication of homosexuals.

As for the banning of the Koran there are state legislators who are trying to do it. And shocker, they're Conservative white Christians.

ROFLMNAO!

That's incoherent word salad.

Well thank you... and Your concession is duly noted and summarily accepted.

Thanks for sharing it.

Whatever Keyes. You clearly have nothing useful to add to this conversation. Go in the corner and keep telling yourself you won. The adults are talking now.

What is up wit dat?

I'm really not interested in Baphomet. I just understand he's not the same thing as "Satan". And I don't believe in "evil" as such.

What I'm more interested in is bullshit rhetoric that morphs realities and myths into what's supposed to be an appeal to emotion, yet is nakedly transparent when it shows up. That's why I'm here.

You're welcome.
Can you say that you can look at those who behead innocents and you don't believe in evil?

What is up wit dat?

You're welcome.

Religion is an interesting synthesis. In almost every case, there's no real Leviathan. God doesn't break ties. So its up to the individual to interpret for themselves. And prioritize or ignore whatever passages they don't like to come up with whatever interpretations best fits what they already believe.

I mean, Mother Theresa and Grand Inquisitor Torquemada both used the same bible. And both felt biblically justified in their actions. As did the Puritians who executed adulterers. Or the Founders who killed gays.

Religion is kind of a Rorschach test where people project upon what they already believe. Its that way for most religions.

Shouldn't we keep Sharia Law out of civil law?

Shouldn't we keep ANY kind of religious law out of civil law? That's the hypocrisy. The Christian right don't want religious freedom as they describe it. They what CHRISTIAN freedom as they describe it. And would deny other religions the same power they demand be carved out for themselves in the law.

If a Christian judge religious objects with gay marriage and refuses to act in the capacity of his office in a way that violates his Christian principles regarding gay marriage. But a Muslim judge refused to rule in his official capacity in any manner that violates Sharia law.......well shouldn't we keep Sharia law out of civil law?

Its naked hypocrisy. From Victory Mosques to anti-Sharia laws to this thread itself......Christians often demand one special standard for themselves. And another for every one else.

No thank you. When pressed, even most Christians don't support their conception of 'religious freedom'. As its not religion they want to have special status. But Christianity. Exclusively and specifically.

That is an opinion I'm sure the majority with which the majority will agree. Cristians have not called for the eradication of Islam and the Koran has not been banned.

You might want to check with the guy who opened this thread. He's a Christian. And he's called for the eradication of Islam. And the eradication of homosexuals.

As for the banning of the Koran there are state legislators who are trying to do it. And shocker, they're Conservative white Christians.

Then you would agree that the Christian community has not called for the eradication of Islam or even homosexuals. Just one person that you know of. And for a tid bit, one legislator actually put his hand on the Koran to swear to his oath beginning of his service in Congress.

Forum List

Back