Zone1 Stay away from sorcery and witchcraft

Status
Not open for further replies.
No one said that, don’t become a liar. You know what we object to, and you intentionally leave the actual objection out, probably because you know your position is wrong from a biblical perspective.

No, no one said that in this thread. But there are always those protesting that Halloween is a satanic holiday. So we laugh at them any chance we get.

No, of course it's not the stretching or breathing or things like that that are the problem. No one has said that. Yoga is more than just physical, there's a spiritual aspect as well, where they literally chant to false gods. The very meaning of the word yoga is to unite or yoke....but to who?

Obviously people are free to do what they want, and no one is stopping you. But the bible is very clear that Christians are not supposed to mix religions or mix with spiritual practices that are rooted in false beliefs.

When I have more time I'll post some videos on this topic. There are plenty of people who actually KNOW (far more than I do) about this topic, who have been on both sides and understand that yoga is much more than just a physical thing, it's spiritual as well, but not everything "spiritual" is good. The bible says to test the spirits, and there's a reason for that. I don't know if you profess to be a Christian, but anyone who isn't Christian, I wouldn't expect them to understand.

I am not a Christian now. But I spent years being a devout Christian. I do understand. I just find it laughable that people spend time worrying about Yoga and Halloween while people go hungry and homeless.

No, no one said that in this thread. But there are always those protesting that Halloween is a satanic holiday. So we laugh at them any chance we get.

She specifically said dressing up, carving pumpkins, and getting candy. I haven't seen anyone in this forum object to those things, but maybe I missed it. Can you quote anyone on this site saying that dressing up and carving pumpkins and getting candy is demonic?

She specifically said dressing up, carving pumpkins, and getting candy. I haven't seen anyone in this forum object to those things, but maybe I missed it. Can you quote anyone on this site saying that dressing up and carving pumpkins and getting candy is demonic?

No, not in this thread. But I will take pics the next time I drive by a local Baptist church with signs out front condemning Halloween, wearing costumes and decrying the dangers of the holiday.

I am not a Christian now. But I spent years being a devout Christian. I do understand. I just find it laughable that people spend time worrying about Yoga and Halloween while people go hungry and homeless.

First of all, we're not "worrying." We're just saying something that obviously is very unpopular to certain people here. Secondly, why do you act like those things are mutually exclusive? Do you think it's impossible to BOTH care about the poor and also not be so into worldly or pagan or occultic stuff that we are clearly told to not be into?

No, not in this thread. But I will take pics the next time I drive by a local Baptist church with signs out front condemning Halloween, wearing costumes and decrying the dangers of the holiday.

We were talking about this site. Please quote someone on THIS SITE who said that. And again, she was specifically talking about dressing up and getting candy.

We were talking about this site. Please quote someone on THIS SITE who said that. And again, she was specifically talking about dressing up and getting candy.

Look at post #26 and click on the link. Btw, there's a difference between being religious and being a religious nutter. Religion in itself is a really good thing, but some people just take it way too far and start becoming paranoid or something.

Look at post #26 and click on the link. Btw, there's a difference between being religious and being a religious nutter. Religion in itself is a really good thing, but some people just take it way too far and start becoming paranoid or something.

I saw that. You said we were against dressing up, carving pumpkins and getting candy. Please QUOTE a specific post where anyone said that. I'm waiting.

I saw that. You said we were against dressing up, carving pumpkins and getting candy. Please QUOTE a specific post where anyone said that. I'm waiting.

You were told multiple times in that thread that Halloween today is a whole lot different than it was in the beginning and you didn't listen. Anybody else in here can do the work themselves if they want to know whether or not I'm making this up.

Oh, so we are ONLY talking about people on this message board, and ignoring all other situations?

Good to know.

You were told multiple times in that thread that Halloween today is a whole lot different than it was in the beginning and you didn't listen. Anybody else in here can do the work themselves if they want to know whether or not I'm making this up.

Strawman and deflection. You said we were against dressing up, carving pumpkins and getting candy. Please post a quote where anyone said they were against those specific things. Still waiting.

Oh, so we are ONLY talking about people on this message board, and ignoring all other situations?

Good to know.

Maybe you don't know the backstory on all this. As you know, FJB posts a lot of Halloween threads, and a few days ago I made the mistake of saying something to her in the wrong forum. She gets mad when anyone disagrees with her on this, so she reported my post for trolling (which I wasn't, I was actually being sincere, but yes it was in the wrong forum) So she immediately started a thread asking Christians if they ever get pissed off by other Christians. A couple of us were trying to discuss this with her, from a biblical perspective, and she flew off the handle and instead of backing herself up scripturally, she just got angry and emotional, used all sorts of foul language and turned it into a silly juvenile "us against them" thread, instead of having an actual discussion.

So in post #13 when she said "they are against dressing up, carving pumpkins and getting candy" the implication was Christians on this site who disagree with her. Not some random person out there in the world.

But if that's specifically what she meant, she can correct me. Obviously some random person out there in the world may actually be against dressing up or carving pumpkins. So what, people out there have all sorts of beliefs. Why not address what people here are actually saying?

Last edited:
‘Black Magic’ was a way to get back at the oppressive church way back then. Popes were corrupt and priests had a habit of poking young girls.

I mean don't get me wrong, I'm not bashing communion as I've taken it myself multiple times, but when you put it like that it sounds creepy lol!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum List

Back