Stimulus??

Canon Shooter

Diamond Member
Jan 7, 2020
I had a phantom $600 drop into my checking account while I slept.

It's still marked as "PENDING", though, which means I can't see the source.

And despite it being "pending", the funds are available.

Anyone else get a phantom deposit?

• Thanks
Reactions: Ava
Yes it is from the treasury in case you feel the need to know the source code that is available also. I can see it on my digital account access..

And for those that wonder, if you received the last stimulus payment the next will arrive in the same manner as before. By direct deposit, paper check, and possibly as a debit card.

Nope. And I don't expect to. The first time it took them several weeks of having no clue what my status was, completely ignoring my bank routing info and shutting down their (IRS) entire website. I don't see how that level of incompetency improves.

Nope. And I don't expect to. The first time it took them several weeks of having no clue what my status was, completely ignoring my bank routing info and shutting down their (IRS) entire website. I don't see how that level of incompetency improves.
The IRS "My Payment Info" is temporarily shut down. If you wanted to track your payment you are SOL.

The IRS "My Payment Info" is temporarily shut down. If you wanted to track your payment you are SOL.

As it was for about 98% of the wait time the first round.

When it finally opened it said it had no bank info on me (even though it did, for several years' tax returns). I re-submitted the same bank info it already had, since nothing had changed. Next time I looked in the entire IRS website was down, every page. After it cleared out its cobwebs it shrugged its collective shoulders and said it still didn't have the bank info I sent it repeatedly and I'd be getting a paper check. So that portal is pointless.

As it was for about 98% of the wait time the first round.

When it finally opened it said it had no bank info on me (even though it did, for several years' tax returns). I re-submitted the same bank info it already had, since nothing had changed. Next time I looked in the entire IRS website was down, every page. After it cleared out its cobwebs it shrugged its collective shoulders and said it still didn't have the bank info I sent it repeatedly and I'd be getting a paper check. So that portal is pointless.
Worthless is correct. It all hinges on 2019 tax filing status. I know two people who never received anything due to not reporting insurance info that wasn't required to begin with. Who is in charge? Some twit with tourette syndrome.

Cash-strapped Americans ask Mnuchin where their “stimmy” checks are | Reuters

Yes, we got ours this morning. Totally without need and so will figure it'll just go towards my wife's custom of often paying for the following car's order when at a fast food drive-thru. I find paying $18 just for a Coke sort of funny. I'll also use a bit of the money to provide our landscaper a raise.

MaleGraveGalapagosalbatross-max-1mb.gif

even if they raise it to 2000, it's idiotic and insulting. They are basically dismantling the middle class, piece by piece. By now it should be obvious that our leaders lied to us about "two weeks to flatten the curve". The only way out of this is to open up the economy, otherwise this country as we know it is over.

even if they raise it to 2000, it's idiotic and insulting. They are basically dismantling the middle class, piece by piece. By now it should be obvious that our leaders lied to us about "two weeks to flatten the curve". The only way out of this is to open up the economy, otherwise this country as we know it is over.
The greedy will pocket it right?

The super rich;

The greedy will pocket it right?
Pocket what, this country is being torn apart, millions have lost their jobs, businesses, and homes, and they want to fix it by giving people 2000, or give businesses another 2.5 months of what their payroll was for employees that will never come back back and are on unemployment, perhaps for another year or more,M for jobs that do not exist any longer? Do you realize how many people have now become completely dependent on the govt., entirely? At some point the govt. will run out of money, and stop giving these Monopoly money checks and the unemployment, and then the economy will crash and there will be riots, looting, arson, and hysteria in the streets that will make the Floyd riots look like a holiday...there will be exponentially more deaths due poverty, desperation and disease than Covid could ever bring about.

Be careful what you ask for, open the fucking economy up before it's too late!

Forum List

Back