Stop telling us to buy electric!

You don't have to buy electric if you don't want to....just like you don't have to buy a truck if you don't want to. Why so triggered?

Surely even you aren't so dense you can't see this isn't just about buying an electric truck.

Behold! ... The Future!!!!

Screenshot_20220526-121456-706.png

This nation's grid can't handle all electric. If course demoquacks don't realize this

You're right, as the grid currently sits without being updated, it can't handle an increase in demand. However, if it gets updated, it will be able to do so. You DO realize that a lot of the grid is way outdated by today's standards, right?

You know, at one time when the automobile first came out, they said that it would never replace the horse.

In 1903 Horace Rackham spoke to a leading banker who advised him that the automobile was a fad according to Bushnell’s biography of Henry Ford as discussed previously in this article.

Belief in the superiority of horses for crucial delivery tasks was still being expressed in 1913 within a article in “The Country Gentleman” of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania:[4]

The writer also doubted the continuing availability of gasoline. Interestingly, the potential of electric vehicles was mentioned:

It was just over a hundred years ago that they said autos and gas engines were "just a fad", and that they would never come into wide spread use. Today? Cars are used by damn near everyone, and the gas engine is widely used.

Same thing with electric cars. Right now, lots of people think they are just a fad and will never catch on, but car manufacturers and lots of other people seem to think different.
So, the government stopped the use of horses back at the turn of the 20th century?

You're right, as the grid currently sits without being updated, it can't handle an increase in demand. However, if it gets updated, it will be able to do so. You DO realize that a lot of the grid is way outdated by today's standards, right?

So you idiots put the cart before the horse.

Fcking loons

Yeah, I'll keep that in mind while I don't buy one cuz there ain't any.

I wouldn't buy one anyway... just sayin.
I have all electric lawn equipment and it's great.

I am not opposed to an electric truck or car, I'm just not going to be forced into it to appease some asinine political agenda.

I've got at least 50k miles left I can put on this before I NEED a new vehicle. Why waste money just to please the cucks on the left

I have all electric lawn equipment and it's great.

I am not opposed to an electric truck or car, I'm just not going to be forced into it to appease some asinine political agenda.

I've got at least 50k miles left I can put on this before I NEED a new vehicle. Why waste money just to please the cucks on the left

My dumbass hubby bought an electric weed eater, after two weeks of frustration, charging batteries etc I bought a gas powered one. Our son's are pleased with me

So, the government stopped the use of horses back at the turn of the 20th century?

No, the government didn't "stop the use of horses" as you say, but they were damn sure replaced by the automobile. Back then, people didn't think the new technology (gas powered engines and autos) would be able to replace what they already had (horses). However, when the technology got to a sufficient development point, people saw the usefulness of them, and replaced the horses themselves.

Same thing is going to happen with electric cars. When the tech gets good enough to equal or surpass gas engines (and it's damn near there, most EV's can go for over 200 miles on a single charge), people are going to start switching to electric. And, not only are electric vehicles quieter and more eco friendly than gas, but they can be much faster and have a hell of a lot better torque. Currently, if you want to win drag races, use an electric vehicle. Power is transferred to the wheels almost immediately, resulting in much faster acceleration.

My dumbass hubby bought an electric weed eater, after two weeks of frustration, charging batteries etc I bought a gas powered one. Our son's are pleased with me
I have the 40 volt ryobi trimmer and mower. Battery not cord.

And I shit you not, that trimmer blows my gas powered TORO out of the water. The mower is nice but if the grass gets too tall you're fucked so I mow every 2 or 3 days. But honestly I don't mind. I love working in my yard and keeping it looking nice

No, the government didn't "stop the use of horses" as you say, but they were damn sure replaced by the automobile. Back then, people didn't think the new technology (gas powered engines and autos) would be able to replace what they already had (horses). However, when the technology got to a sufficient development point, people saw the usefulness of them, and replaced the horses themselves.

Same thing is going to happen with electric cars. When the tech gets good enough to equal or surpass gas engines (and it's damn near there, most EV's can go for over 200 miles on a single charge), people are going to start switching to electric. And, not only are electric vehicles quieter and more eco friendly than gas, but they can be much faster and have a hell of a lot better torque. Currently, if you want to win drag races, use an electric vehicle. Power is transferred to the wheels almost immediately, resulting in much faster acceleration.
And again, it would currently take at least 50 years to build the infrastructure necessary to support ElectricOz and the use of fossil fuels would need to be expanded anyway to do it.

Your posts should start with "Once Upon a Time"......

So you idiots put the cart before the horse.

Fcking loons

Actually, the reason the electric grid hasn't been updated is because the corporations don't want to spend the money to do so. They started off with what they knew back then, but as tech evolved and developed, the corporations stayed back in the dark ages because they said updating would cut too much into their profits.

I have the 40 volt ryobi trimmer and mower. Battery not cord.

And I shit you not, that trimmer blows my gas powered TORO out of the water. The mower is nice but if the grass gets too tall you're fucked so I mow every 2 or 3 days. But honestly I don't mind. I love working in my yard and keeping it looking nice

Our property has about 1 1/2 acres of lawn. Battery isn't going to get it done

Somehow, I don't quite see you buying an electric F-150 lighting, if it was sitting on the showroom floor with no waiting involved. Me either, for that matter. Ford's production and distribution problems on this new model, really don't affect me much.

The towing range of the Lighting is less than 200 miles, and if you have the heater, lights, and wipers on, it drops to less than 100 miles.
Nor are there currently any recharging stations that allow you to have a trailer.
So this is not a practical vehicle.

And again, it would currently take at least 50 years to build the infrastructure necessary to support ElectricOz and the use of fossil fuels would need to be expanded anyway to do it.

Your posts should start with "Once Upon a Time"......

Back when electric cars first came out, you were right. However, nowadays, more and more EV charging stations are being built every day, and soon they will get to the number needed to make them viable alternatives. Most people recharge their EV at home right now, but I see public stations popping up every day.

Once upon a time is no longer required as it's fast becoming a reality.

Forum List

Back