Stop telling us to buy electric!

Back when electric cars first came out, you were right. However, nowadays, more and more EV charging stations are being built every day, and soon they will get to the number needed to make them viable alternatives. Most people recharge their EV at home right now, but I see public stations popping up every day.

Once upon a time is no longer required as it's fast becoming a reality.
Uhh, well, your reality seems to vary from those with some level of common sense....maybe plug in to a nearby outlet and see if you get a new light bulb over your head.

You know, at one time when the automobile first came out, they said that it would never replace the horse.

In 1903 Horace Rackham spoke to a leading banker who advised him that the automobile was a fad according to Bushnell’s biography of Henry Ford as discussed previously in this article.

Belief in the superiority of horses for crucial delivery tasks was still being expressed in 1913 within a article in “The Country Gentleman” of Philadelphia, Pennsylvania:[4]

The writer also doubted the continuing availability of gasoline. Interestingly, the potential of electric vehicles was mentioned:

It was just over a hundred years ago that they said autos and gas engines were "just a fad", and that they would never come into wide spread use. Today? Cars are used by damn near everyone, and the gas engine is widely used.

Same thing with electric cars. Right now, lots of people think they are just a fad and will never catch on, but car manufacturers and lots of other people seem to think different.

I didn't say that we can NEVER replace fossil fuels, so your BS failed off the top

Our property has about 1 1/2 acres of lawn. Battery isn't going to get it done

An electric mower CAN get it done if you want to do so. RYOBI has a zero turn riding lawn mower with a 42 inch deck that can do 2 1/2 acres (75 ah mower) to 3 acres (100 ah mower) per charge. And, the price is 4,199, which is comparable to most riding zero turn lawn mowers.

An electric mower CAN get it done if you want to do so. RYOBI has a zero turn riding lawn mower with a 42 inch deck that can do 2 1/2 acres (75 ah mower) to 3 acres (100 ah mower) per charge. And, the price is 4,199, which is comparable to most riding zero turn lawn mowers.

No thanks, 60 inch Hustler Zero turn makes short work of it.

The thing is a boss

So some think we don't have supply problems. Check out these new inoperable trucks rusting away.

I just took these pictures
20220526_123139.jpg
20220526_123100.jpg
20220526_123037.jpg
20220526_123031.jpg
20220526_123026.jpg

Uhh, well, your reality seems to vary from those with some level of common sense....maybe plug in to a nearby outlet and see if you get a new light bulb over your head.

Might wanna read the link and see what is really happening. You sound like some of those people at the beginning of the age of automobiles who said the car would never replace the horse.

From the link I provided you.....................

For example, EOS Linx, which provides solar-supported stations with EV chargers, today announced a collaboration with Choice Hotels International – one of the largest hotel chains in the world that has more than 6,000 US franchised hotels such as EconoLodge and Quality Inn – to install EOS Charge Stations at select properties. The first set of EOS Charge Stations will be installed at select hotels in Atlanta, Chattanooga, and Nashville during the first quarter of this year. EOS Linx provides Level 2 chargers and fast chargers with varying capabilities and uses the universal J1772 charging standard system.

Further, convenience store chain 7-Eleven has also promised to install 500 DCFC charging ports by the end of 2022. It currently only has 22 charging stations at 14 stores in four states.

More and more companies are getting onboard with providing electric vehicle charging stations everyday. Near where I live here in SC, there is a Wal Mart in Irmo that currently has a charging station. If you want to see where charging stations are, you can simply use Google.

The new electric truck has a....

THREE YEAR WAITING LIST...

KissMy
Buy a $60,000 electric car, then.

All of this frustration and angst is just part of the 'amazing transformation' we are going through. You'll thank Democrats when it's all over.

:p

As my gas powered garden tools go tits up, I’ve been replacing them with battery powered.

So much simpler. Pop in a battery, flip a switch, and off you go.
What happens when they run out of juice and you can't recharge them because of the brown outs due to solar and wind not being able to get the job done?

Another big lie of the Democrat party is that we even have the technology to eliminate fossil fuels. We are not close to actually switching our economy. Democrats don't care, it's just another way to destroy us

I guess you missed the part about taking years to complete the transition or that the government is building a network of charging stations nation wide.

As my gas powered garden tools go tits up, I’ve been replacing them with battery powered.

So much simpler. Pop in a battery, flip a switch, and off you go.

Then it dies in about half an hour and off you go trudge to recharge your weak lady boy battery. Do you prance?

Forum List

Back