Stop telling us to buy electric!

Updating the grid is only one aspect of the problem. Another aspect, is, if we get rid of all the ICE vehicles and products, and replace all ICE powered engines (trains, boats, ships, plans, etc.,) that will necessitate, even MORE energy.

This, coupled with the increasing demands of 5G cloud computing data processing centers, means we need even more energy capacity, than even our coal, gas and nuclear plants are providing now.

The global agenda is to reduce them. . . with an energy paradigm which can't possibly hope to even match, little even hope to surpass the current energy provided by the total energy output we currently enjoy.

None of it makes any sense.

It's all about environment... anyone seen a lithium mine? Where do useless batteries go ..on and on

It's all about environment... anyone seen a lithium mine? Where do useless batteries go ..on and on
No. . . that is the propaganda. It is disingenuous.

Those mines are a horrific cancer to the environment. I believe they consume huge amounts of water, and pollute the environment as bad or worse than coal and petroleum operations.

I am not an expert on that new sea water extraction method, but. . I do think it takes a lot of chemicals and energy. . . but don't quote me on that. Not sure what is done with the waste from it.

I have a 42 inch gas ZTM for my half acre yard. A little overkill but I get the grass cut in 20 minutes so it is worth it for me.

I need a push mower to trim a few areas that I can't get close enough with the ZTM.

I considered getting an electric push mower for the few minutes of cutting that I do. However, I need the push mower as a backup in case something happens to the ZTM and I have to take it to the shop to get fixed.

I know other people that have L-I mowers and their advice was not to get one. All kinds of problems.
I have L-I string trimmer and it works OK but that will be extent of battery power lawn equipment.
I've had my 40 volt ryobi for 3 years. Cuts perfectly just as fast as any gas powered self propelled. Pulls me faster than I'd rather go to be honest. And the trimmer is a FUCKING BEAST

L-I technology is fine for small items. My L-I string trimmer works fine for the 20 minutes I use it a week on my Florida suburban yard.

The L-I batteries are fine for powering optics on some of my AR-15. Ok for small hand held tools like drills.

Terrible technology for vehicles and like you said, an ecological disaster.

One of these days there may be a reasonable battery technology for vehicles. Solid State has potential but not the L-I that the vehicles have now.

My son bought a Tesla. Cost him over $60K. I love him but I told him he was an idiot for buying the vehicle.

You Lie!

Here in the USA we already get over 20% of our electricity from Wind & Solar. That's far more than is being used by EV's.
You lie!
Per the U.S. Energy Information Administration, wind & solar provided less than 13% of our electricity in 2021.

Then it dies in about half an hour and off you go trudge to recharge your weak lady boy battery. Do you prance?

Dunno what kind of crappy electric lawn equipment you've heard about or have used, but that isn't the case for most lawn equipment that I and my neighbors have used. I can edge and weed eat all the places the mower won't get on a single (usually only 3/4) of a battery, and I have 2 just in case I need them, but I haven't yet.

Indeed

We have a parking lot larger than a Walmart parking lot here that is FULL of F150 pickups that can't be sold because of a lack of chips. THOUSANDS of them in one parking lot
Wow. I remember back in the day uf we had fuel. Air. And spark an engine would run.

Now it is a sensor that says Engine starting. Another saying window wipers are on. Ummm I can see if they are moving or not.

Anyeay we need computers for exactly what?

Wow. I remember back in the day uf we had fuel. Air. And spark an engine would run.

Now it is a sensor that says Engine starting. Another saying window wipers are on. Ummm I can see if they are moving or not.

To enforce government regulation of course. Can't regulate every aspect of my truck if there are no systems to monitor it

I know, right? I remember the good old days when you could change out damn near anything on your engine or fix it without needing a computer degree.

All that was required back then was a set of tools, a manual and a basic knowledge of mechanics. Now? You need a computer to hook into the engine, as well as a degree to read what the computer says is wrong.

I know, right? I remember the good old days when you could change out damn near anything on your engine or fix it without needing a computer degree.

All that was required back then was a set of tools, a manual and a basic knowledge of mechanics. Now? You need a computer to hook into the engine, as well as a degree to read what the computer says is wrong.
Yeah it sucks. Tear all them computers out and go old school again

Drill baby drill. And to do that get Brandon to resign
U.S. operating Rig count increased from 273 last year to 728 now. Soon we will break all US oil production records. But it won't lower our gasoline prices because the rest of the world is buying it up to replace Russia's lost production that will not come back.

Forum List

Back