Storm-walloped Floridians Bend/Grease Up!

I just have to go without. Either pay an exorbitant amount for something I likely won't need, or go without and hope nothing goes wrong.

Hell of a situation. The catastrophic care insurance I used to carry at a reasonable rate is no longer offered.

But, the silver lining is concierge doctor care for $60 a month takes care of all our preventive medical needs. Plus, there is no collection mechanism in place for the feds to collect the penalty..sorry guys, as long as I owe ya, you'll never really be broke. :lol:
I call BS on your catastrophic insurance .

Hey, should the real question be how much they pay in flood insurance? Cause they all seem to suck off FEMA every time a storm comes

Catastrophic Health Plan - HealthCare.gov Glossary

"To qualify for a Catastrophic plan, you must be under 30 years old OR get a "hardship exemption" because the Marketplace determined that you’re unable to afford health coverage."

Hardship exemptions, forms, and how to apply

I'm over 30 and hardship exemptions are only for things like homelessness, bankruptcy, death in the family...etc.

Do you ever get tired of being wrong?

And what did your catastrophic plan cover?
It didn't cover sex change operations or substance abuse counseling, obviously. It also didn't cover birth control, maternity or abortions.

They are bugs bunny plans . If you get trampled by elephants on aug 14th , you'll be covered !

I just have to go without. Either pay an exorbitant amount for something I likely won't need, or go without and hope nothing goes wrong.

Hell of a situation. The catastrophic care insurance I used to carry at a reasonable rate is no longer offered.

But, the silver lining is concierge doctor care for $60 a month takes care of all our preventive medical needs. Plus, there is no collection mechanism in place for the feds to collect the penalty..sorry guys, as long as I owe ya, you'll never really be broke. :lol:

Hey, should the real question be how much they pay in flood insurance? Cause they all seem to suck off FEMA every time a storm comes

"To qualify for a Catastrophic plan, you must be under 30 years old OR get a "hardship exemption" because the Marketplace determined that you’re unable to afford health coverage."

I'm over 30 and hardship exemptions are only for things like homelessness, bankruptcy, death in the family...etc.

It didn't cover sex change operations or substance abuse counseling, obviously. It also didn't cover birth control, maternity or abortions.

They are bugs bunny plans . If you get trampled by elephants on aug 14th , you'll be covered!

No, they are the kind of plans that millions of people were perfectly happy with. For example, unmarried males were happy with such plans. Why would they want to pay for maternity care?

Inventing pejorative names for them proves only that you're a douche bag.

They are bugs bunny plans . If you get trampled by elephants on aug 14th , you'll be covered!

No, they are the kind of plans that millions of people were perfectly happy with. For example, unmarried males were happy with such plans. Why would they want to pay for maternity care?

Inventing pejorative names for them proves only that you're a douche bag.

They had to fund the welfare moochers somehow, forcing people to purchase insurance coverage they don't need was one of their schemes.

OK, so a lot of people in Florida had their homes damaged and lost their jobs but that wasn't punishment enough.

Hope. Now they get to pay up to $17,000/year for a family of four for their woefully inadequate, high-deductible Obamacare! That's, for some, 71% more than last year.

Health Insurers in Florida Request Premium Rate Hikes as High as 71%

Where are the "Thank You ex--president Obama"? Or are there just none because nobody left in Florida can afford a sheet of cardboard, a stick, or even a felt-tip marker?
And without the ACA they’d have no health insurance at all.

This illustrates the idiocy of the right: repeal the ACA and replace it with nothing, or worse than nothing as represented by Republican ‘replacement plans,’ and return to the bad old days when millions of American had no access to affordable healthcare.
A bronze plan is effectively having no health insurance at all. No one can afford a $17,000 deductible, or a plan that doesn't cover your prescriptions.

Where in the hell did you come up with a $17,000 individual deductible?

OK, so a lot of people in Florida had their homes damaged and lost their jobs but that wasn't punishment enough.

Hope. Now they get to pay up to $17,000/year for a family of four for their woefully inadequate, high-deductible Obamacare! That's, for some, 71% more than last year.

Where are the "Thank You ex--president Obama"? Or are there just none because nobody left in Florida can afford a sheet of cardboard, a stick, or even a felt-tip marker?

This illustrates the idiocy of the right: repeal the ACA and replace it with nothing, or worse than nothing as represented by Republican ‘replacement plans,’ and return to the bad old days when millions of American had no access to affordable healthcare.
A bronze plan is effectively having no health insurance at all. No one can afford a $17,000 deductible, or a plan that doesn't cover your prescriptions.

Where in the hell did you come up with a $17,000 individual deductible?
oh, excuse me. It's actually $13,000 - $6500 per person. That was the deductible on the Obamacare policy I had.

Nothing but a catastrophe. I paid cash for almost everything...and my doctors office gave us a substantial discount for not requiring the expertise of the insurance billing department. I had a $12,000 deductible...insurance paid for everything over that. It was for cancer treatment or heart attack...or if I was bitten by a timber rattler and needed $40,000 anti-venom treatment. You know...insurance against the unforeseeable. I don't live hand to mouth. We save our money and take care of what we have. I've learned over the years to do everything from rewire a house to rebuilding an engine. I haven't seen an appliance repairman or auto mechanic or plumber or electrician or roofer or painter or mason at my house in twenty years...hell, I even bust my own tires off the rims and remount them. Cut my own wood, haul it, split it and stack it. My pickup is 27 years old...I paid $700 for it 15 years ago. Still drive it every day I'm home. It needs rings...it's on my list.

I'm not telling you this to brag...I'm saying we come from different generations. My folks were born in the late 1930's...grew up in the tail end of the great depression. They taught me to save, to be self sufficient...just yesterday I was talking to my mother while I was using the ATM at the bank on a Sunday...and she said "son, you should have planned better...you might need that $2 some day...every dollar counts".

And she's right...every dollar does count. That's why it makes us angry when the government...the foremost authority in wasting money...forces us to waste ours for something we don't want and won't use.

Last edited:

Nothing but a catastrophe. I paid cash for almost everything...and my doctors office gave us a substantial discount for not requiring the expertise of the insurance billing department. I had a $12,000 deductible...insurance paid for everything over that. It was for cancer treatment or heart attack...or if I was bitten by a timber rattler and needed $40,000 anti-venom treatment. You know...insurance against the unforeseeable. I don't live hand to mouth. We save our money and take care of what we have. I've learned over the years to do everything from rewire a house to rebuilding an engine. I haven't seen an appliance repairman or auto mechanic or plumber or electrician or roofer or painter or mason...hell, I even bust my own tires off the rims and remount them. Cut my own wood, haul it, split it and stack it. My pickup is 27 years old...I paid $700 for it 15 years ago. Still drive it every day I'm home. It needs rings...it's on my list.

I'm not telling you this to brag...I'm saying we come from different generations. My folks were born in the late 1930's...grew up in the tail end of the great depression. They taught me to save, to be self sufficient...just yesterday I told was talking to my mother while I was using the ATM at the bank on a Sunday...and she said "son, you should have planned better...you might need that $2 some day...every dollar counts".

And she's right...every dollar does count. That's why it makes us angry when the government...the foremost authority in wasting money...forces us to waste ours for something we don't want and won't use.

But you do want that piece of mind, and you know that it is only a matter of time before you will use it.

They'd have no insurance if that were their choice. But only if it were their choice. I know, you liberals are used to not having to choose anything for yourself - just buy/do what The Democrat Party tells you to. But I gotta admit, you guys do look SO natural bent over bare-assed like that!

So, should have just let everyone die.

Wouldn't that reduce the population?

Wouldn't that reduction do a whole lot to end your pet "Global Warming" issue?

Should I NOT tell Pope Algore (First Church of Global-what-the-Fuck) that you have lost faith?

Well, there are ways to reduce the population in a more humane way, wouldn't you say? Like educating students about sex.

Well, there are ways to reduce the population in a more humane way, wouldn't you say? Like educating students about sex.

"Educating" students counter to their indoctrination that has caused them to put their faith in gubbmint paid birth control and especially abortions? Man is Pope Algore gonna have YOUR ass!

"Educating" students counter to their indoctrination that has caused them to put their faith in gubbmint paid birth control and especially abortions? Man is Pope Algore gonna have YOUR ass!

Yeah, it's why the US will fall behind other countries, it's the ONLY first world country that believes that education is bad.

You. Are. An. Idiot.

Do you know what percentage of Floridians actually purchase insurance via the ACA exchanges?

Go ahead. Learn something.

I'm sure those 71% premium hikes suck for those who have to pay them...even if it's small.

I thought Dems fought for the few....now they are claiming it's just a few getting fucked over....so it's ok.

You. Are. An. Idiot.

Do you know what percentage of Floridians actually purchase insurance via the ACA exchanges?

I'm sure those 71% premium hikes suck for those who have to pay them...even if it's small.

I thought Dems fought for the few....now they are claiming it's just a few getting fucked over....so it's ok.

No. First, you fail to grasp that premiums would be going up at a higher rate without the ACA unless,, miraculously, young healthy people started buying insurance.

And, Dems fight for the many. You couldn’t be more of a fuckup if you tried.

You. Are. An. Idiot.

No. First, you fail to grasp that premiums would be going up at a higher rate without the ACA unless,, miraculously, young healthy people started buying insurance.

There's absolutely no evidence to support that contention. We never had 72% increases in premiums until Obamacare.

You. Are. An. Idiot.

There's absolutely no evidence to support that contention. We never had 72% increases in premiums until Obamacare.

You are not capable of having this discussion.

Ol' Pattycake isn't capable of having much of a discussion on any subject. When he doesn't have a point, he just pulls one out of his ass.

Millions of Americans now have health insurance that did not have health insurance prior to the ACA. The difference between a large deductable, and no insurance, is the difference between financially bent, and bankrupt and homeless. Americans began to realize that when they saw that all the GOP and the treasonous fat senile old orange clown wanted to do was repeal the ACA, without anything at all in it's place.

However, I should thank the feckless assholes, for they have made the argument for universal single payer coverage, like in all the other first world nations.

You. Are. An. Idiot.

ROFL! That's funny coming from one of the biggest dumbasses in the forum.

You. Are. An. Idiot.

I’m sure you believe that.

I’m sure you believe that.
Everyone does, even your fellow snowflakes.

Forum List

Back