Story of Joseph Smith - Founder of Mormonism

Last and final page back cover page 33 of The Enchanted by Jack Chick publications:

If you are trapped in a man made religion like Mormonism, Catholicism or Islam, you must leave! Jesus is your only hope. There's a price to pay to truly follow Jesus. Your religious leaders will see you as a traitor and even your family could turn on you when you get saved.

But none of them died for your sins - and none of them will love and protect you and put your name in "the book of Life".......like Jesus will.

It is written:

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."
Revelation 20:15

Be brave, Beloved....... you can do it!
Simply do what is says below:
THE BIBLE SAYS THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY TO HEAVEN. JESUS SAID, I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." - John 14:6

NOBODY ELSE CAN SAVE YOU. TRUST JESUS TODAY!

1. Admit you are a sinner.
2. Be willing to turn from sin (repent)
3. Believe that Jesus Christ died for you, was buried and rose from the dead.
4. Through prayer, invite Jesus into your life to become your personal Saviour.

WHAT TO PRAY (believe in your heart and confess with your mouth the following prayer)

Dear God,
thank you for showing me what You think of Mormonism. I also reject it!
I accept Christ's sacrifice as perfect and complete. Please forgive me in Jesus' name. I invite Jesus Christ to come into my life and I place my trust in Him alone for salvation. Thank you for giving me eternal life right now.

Did you accept Jesus Christ as your own personal Savior? Yes ____ No_____

If your answer was yes, then this is just the beginning of a wonderful new life with Christ. Now:

1. Read your Bible (KJV) every day to know Christ better.

2. Pray to God every day in your own words.

3. Be baptized, worship, fellowship, and serve with Christians in a church where Christ is preached and the Bible is the final authority.

4. Tell others about Christ.

Thank you for reading today. Please share this message with others so that they can know the truth and also have the opportunity for the LORD to set them free!

In this study we examine the history of how the Mormon faith was founded and who Joseph Smith was. This is a study based on historical evidence written by various authors and will also quote Mormon books and teachings to expose the truth about Joseph Smith. It is from the book, entitled The Enchanter published by Jack Chick Publications.

The Mormon people are wonderful people and this study is not being used to insult any Mormon readers. It is being done in an effort to educate others as to the roots of Mormonism and to bring light to the subject - revealing the truth. It is the truth that sets men free.

D. Michael Quinn wrote a book in 1998 entitled Early Mormonism & the magic world. Documentation on pages 9-32 of Jack Chick's book (The Enchanter) on the Mormon faith uses this material as part of confirmation of the occult history of Joseph Smith, Jr.'s family roots. Beginning on page 9 of the Enchanter we learn the following:

Joseph Smith Jr. was born in Vermont on December 23, 1805. His family was deeply involved in witchcraft and magic. His dad, Joseph Sr., was a strong Mason and a part-time farmer who ran a cake and beer shop. Times were hard. Many of his neighbors had "seer stones." They believed these stones were magical. They looked through these stones to find buried treasure. Young Joseph was very good at it. People believed he had special gifts.

Witchcraft books of the day taught that buried treasures were guarded by spirit beings who had to be appeased in a specific way. Only a ceremonial dagger could be used to make magic circles. And a special talisman was needed for conjuring (raising up) the spirit.* All of this was vital.

Occultic symbols were on his dagger. Joseph always wore his silver Jupiter talisman for protection. A blood offering was required, by cutting the throats of black dogs or black sheep. Out of this strange family arose the 'shining star' that Satan needed to create "Mormonism".

* For more information, see Early Mormonism & Magic World by D. Michael Quinn(1998) Documentation for pages 9-32 can be found at: The Enchanter - by Jack T. Chick

Yeah....Joseph Smith sucked....

Only Mormon left in politics I know of is Dingy Harry.
The Mitt shall return

We don't see Mormons posting hate threads like this one

More class than Jeremiah

Last and final page back cover page 33 of The Enchanted by Jack Chick publications:

If you are trapped in a man made religion like Mormonism, Catholicism or Islam, you must leave! Jesus is your only hope. There's a price to pay to truly follow Jesus. Your religious leaders will see you as a traitor and even your family could turn on you when you get saved.

But none of them died for your sins - and none of them will love and protect you and put your name in "the book of Life".......like Jesus will.

It is written:

"And whosoever was not found written in the book of life was cast into the lake of fire."

THE BIBLE SAYS THERE'S ONLY ONE WAY TO HEAVEN. JESUS SAID, I am the way, the truth and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." - John 14:6

WHAT TO PRAY (believe in your heart and confess with your mouth the following prayer)

Dear God,
I accept Christ's sacrifice as perfect and complete. Please forgive me in Jesus' name. I invite Jesus Christ to come into my life and I place my trust in Him alone for salvation. Thank you for giving me eternal life right now.

If your answer was yes, then this is just the beginning of a wonderful new life with Christ. Now:

3. Be baptized, worship, fellowship, and serve with Christians in a church where Christ is preached and the Bible is the final authority.

Thank you for reading today. Please share this message with others so that they can know the truth and also have the opportunity for the LORD to set them free!
If you are trapped in a man made religion like Mormonism, Catholicism or Islam,

Christianity is a pagan man made religion too, Jeri

Right not meant to attack Mormons but it claims Smith was a practitioner of witch craft. LOL you people will grasp at any straw to attack a religion that has never done a thing to hurt ot harm you or anyone else. Remind us how great the Pope is again?
popes don't write bibles

Actually the Catholic Bible is the creation of the Vatican (they altered the original scriptures changing verses, deleting verses and adding to it - but the Scriptures were preserved in spite of all this) and is not the King James Bible, Eots. But I do not know the name of the person responsible only that the Pope must have approved it and that the Jesuits to this very day are trying to make the King James Version Bible obsolete (through the national council of churches and their agenda to print many versions of the bible and delete Bible verses which are in the King James Version - which is why it is imperative that one study from the King James Bible) Thank you for reading the thread. Much appreciated.

In this study we examine the history of how the Mormon faith was founded and who Joseph Smith was. This is a study based on historical evidence written by various authors and will also quote Mormon books and teachings to expose the truth about Joseph Smith. It is from the book, entitled The Enchanter published by Jack Chick Publications.

The Mormon people are wonderful people and this study is not being used to insult any Mormon readers. It is being done in an effort to educate others as to the roots of Mormonism and to bring light to the subject - revealing the truth. It is the truth that sets men free.

D. Michael Quinn wrote a book in 1998 entitled Early Mormonism & the magic world. Documentation on pages 9-32 of Jack Chick's book (The Enchanter) on the Mormon faith uses this material as part of confirmation of the occult history of Joseph Smith, Jr.'s family roots. Beginning on page 9 of the Enchanter we learn the following:

Joseph Smith Jr. was born in Vermont on December 23, 1805. His family was deeply involved in witchcraft and magic. His dad, Joseph Sr., was a strong Mason and a part-time farmer who ran a cake and beer shop. Times were hard. Many of his neighbors had "seer stones." They believed these stones were magical. They looked through these stones to find buried treasure. Young Joseph was very good at it. People believed he had special gifts.

Witchcraft books of the day taught that buried treasures were guarded by spirit beings who had to be appeased in a specific way. Only a ceremonial dagger could be used to make magic circles. And a special talisman was needed for conjuring (raising up) the spirit.* All of this was vital.

Occultic symbols were on his dagger. Joseph always wore his silver Jupiter talisman for protection. A blood offering was required, by cutting the throats of black dogs or black sheep. Out of this strange family arose the 'shining star' that Satan needed to create "Mormonism".

* For more information, see Early Mormonism & Magic World by D. Michael Quinn(1998) Documentation for pages 9-32 can be found at: The Enchanter - by Jack T. Chick

why do we care? and why is it on a political board?

zzzzzzzzzzzzz

This is the religion forum. Go to the political forum for political news. You are on the wrong forum.
Ya it's a religious forum, not a commercial ads forum so quit posting commercials in it.

she seems to think it's her little proselytizing place and doesn't understand the difference between rational discussions of religion and preaching.

the preaching is absurd and doesn't belong here.

It is written:

Dear God,

you mean as opposed to the stuff put together by constantine?

i guess that isn't man-made.

This is a very important thread...thanks @Jerimiah. We cannot allow these false prophets to spread a tanted word. Mormonism has been a blight on American society for more than a century now...the truth needs to be told.

This is why they need to take a new look at Ms. Arias and her case...she was being manipulated and controlled by an evil cult. She has been railroaded by the Mormon community.

Christianity takes some strange happenings and consider them divine miracles, thereby considering people saints and prophets. To be more rigorous is to prefer the saints of Islam who exist up to this day. They walk on water, fly in the air, visit the heavens, and say be to a thing and it will be.

Christians worship a method of execution

If Jesus had been hanged, they would run around with little nooses around their neck

To an outsider, how bizarre a religion is that?

Christians worship a method of execution

If Jesus had been hanged, they would run around with little nooses around their neck

To an outsider, how bizarre a religion is that?
So instead of a plastic effigy of the jeebus perched on the dashboard of a car, we would see jeebus hanging by the neck from the rear view mirror?

It seems to me that I'd you want to know the story of Joseph Smith you should go to the source:

Joseph Smith History 1

I hear all the time that Joseph was some sort of fraud, but going to the source makes that talking points leads likely.

Take for instance Joseph's time in Liberty prison. The state of Missouri issued an extermination order against Mormons in the state giving the people permission to kill them on sight. Joseph and some of the leaders of the church attempted to negotiate a peace and while doing so we're betrayed by a government with no desire for peace and falsely arrested.

They were thrown in Liberty jail, and incredibly misnamed place. The cells weren't big enough to stand up right in and the guards would routinely boast to their prisoners how they were killing and raping and doing all harm to the saints who were eventually forced to leave the state.

And yet while in this horrid place, the Lord poured out two of the most beautiful revelations revealed to man.

Does this prayer sound like the words of a fraud or the prayer of a sincere man?

O God, where art thou? And where is the pavilion that covereth thy hiding place?

How long shall thy hand be stayed, and thine eye, yea thy pure eye, behold from the eternal heavens the wrongs of thy people and of thy servants, and thine ear be penetrated with their cries?

Yea, O Lord, how long shall they suffer these wrongs and unlawful oppressions, before thine heart shall be softened toward them, and thy bowels be moved withcompassion toward them?

O Lord God Almighty, maker of heaven, earth, and seas, and of all things that in them are, and who controllest and subjectest the devil, and the dark and benighted dominion of Sheol—stretch forth thy hand; let thine eye pierce; let thy pavilion be taken up; let thyhiding place no longer be covered; let thine ear be inclined; let thine heart be softened, and thy bowels moved with compassion toward us.

Let thine anger be kindled against our enemies; and, in the fury of thine heart, with thy sword avenge us of our wrongs.

Remember thy suffering saints, O our God; and thy servants will rejoice in thy name forever. (
Doctrine and Covenants 121 )

And in response the Lord replies with:

My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine afflictions shall be but a small moment;

And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes.

Thy friends do stand by thee, and they shall hail thee again with warm hearts and friendly hands.

Thou art not yet as Job; thy friends do not contend against thee, neither charge thee with transgression, as they did Job.

And not just ending there the Lord goes into instructions on many things including how to exercise power righteously.

He also revealed D&C 122 :

If thou art called to pass through tribulation; if thou art in perils among false brethren; if thou art in perilsamong robbers; if thou art in perils by land or by sea;

6 If thou art accused with all manner of false accusations; if thine enemies fall upon thee; if they tear thee from the society of thy father and mother and brethren and sisters; and if with a drawn sword thine enemies tear thee from the bosom of thy wife, and of thine offspring, and thine elder son, although but six years of age, shall cling to thy garments, and shall say, My father, my father, why can’t you stay with us? O, my father, what are the men going to do with you? and if then he shall be thrust from thee by the sword, and thou be dragged to prison, and thine enemies prowl around thee like wolves for the blood of the lamb;

7 And if thou shouldst be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness, and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all, if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee, know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience, and shall be for thy good.

8 The Son of Man hath descended below them all. Art thou greater than he?

You can slander Joseph all the days of your life. You can make all sorts of claims whether fact or fiction but until you truly study what he taught and did you will never know him. Heck Joseph said he probably wouldn't believe what he experienced if he hadn't experienced. In doing so you will just fulfill the prophecy that his name shall be spoken good and evil through the world

But if you reject his testimony,you should know what he testified. And you should know the lives of those who were witnesses with him.

Take the vision of the degrees of glory Joseph and Sidney pigeon witnessed the vision along with 27 other people who were present.

And their testimony was that He lives! Because they saw Christ the living savior.

And their invitation to the world is to come to the Lord and learn for yourself. You don't need to blindly accept anything they say.

My study of Joseph Smith shows me time after time that he was a prophet as he claimed to be.I've studied his words and life. And I've received a witness of the holy ghost that he was who he claimed to be and died as a martyr.

Joseph Smith was as much a prophet as any other saint

His "miracles" are just as real

Refusing to examine the evidence is guaranteed to keep you in eternal ignorance on a matter. Some will examine it and decide to leave Mormonism and follow Jesus Christ - having learned the truth. Some will refuse to examine and decide to blindly follow a false prophet who squarely put himself in the place of Jesus Christ - even demanding that his followers give him a coronation - crowning him with a literal crown - to be the King of the Kingdom of heaven. There is only one King in the Kingdom of heaven, RW, and that King is Jesus Christ. Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Not Joseph Smith. Jesus Christ. Joseph Smith refused to acknowledge who Jesus Christ is. Jesus Christ is God.

All paths do not lead to heaven, RW. It would do you a great deal of good to go and learn what that means.

Refusing to examine the evidence is guaranteed to keep you in eternal ignorance on a matter. Some will examine it and decide to leave Mormonism and follow Jesus Christ - having learned the truth. Some will refuse to examine and decide to blindly follow a false prophet who squarely put himself in the place of Jesus Christ - even demanding that his followers give him a coronation - crowning him with a literal crown - to be the King of the Kingdom of heaven. There is only one King in the Kingdom of heaven, RW, and that King is Jesus Christ. Every knee shall bow and every tongue shall confess that Jesus Christ is Lord. Not Joseph Smith. Jesus Christ. Joseph Smith refused to acknowledge who Jesus Christ is. Jesus Christ is God.

All paths do not lead to heaven, RW. It would do you a great deal of good to go and learn what that means.

Who verified Jesus Christs miracles?

Just because they were in a book written by his followers? Anyone could have made up those stories....just like you claim Joseph Smith did

It is written:

But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that brought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction.

And many shall follow their pernicious ways: by reason of whom the way of truth shall be evil spoken of. And through covetousness shall they with feigned words make merchandise of you: whose judgment now of a long time lingereth not, and their damnation slumbereth not.

For if God spared not the angels that sinned, but cast them down to hell, and delivered them into chains of darkness, to be reserved unto judgment; And spared not the old world, but saved Noah the eighth person, a preacher of righteousness, bringing in the flood upon the world of the ungodly; And turning turning the cities of Sodom and Gomorrha into ashes condemned them with an overthrow, making them an ensample unto those that after should live ungodly, And delivered just Lot, vexed with the filthy conversation of the wicked: (For the righteous man dwelling among them, in seeing and hearing, vexed his righteous soul day to day with their unlawful deeds)

The Lord knoweth how to deliver the godly out of temptations, and to reserve the unjust unto the day of judgment to be punished.

2 Peter 2:1-9

Just because they were in a book written by his followers? Anyone could have made up those stories....just like you claim Joseph Smith did

The multitudes witnessed the miracles of Jesus along with 12 more witnesses - his disciples. Many eyewitnesses saw Jesus Christ after he rose from the grave and testified of having seen him.

The disciples of Joseph Smith shown the empty box - 8 witnesses - admitted that they lied - that they didn't see anything in the box that Joseph Smith claimed contained the golden plates. That the boxes were indeed empty - just as all 8 witnesses said - they were empty - until he intimidated them and guilt tripped them into believing "by faith" they saw them. The testimonies of his own disciples - their wives having reported his attempts to seduce them - the testimonies of the angry husbands - the anger and accusations of his own followers who turned on him should be enough to call him into question!

Joseph Smith was a con man. The documents provided are numerous including quotes from his own books - the testimony of his own Father who exposed him as a liar - the news stories, the documented cases of his arrest - what he was arrested for - and on and on and on...... Joseph Smith is a recent figure in history compared to Jesus Christ.

As there is no question as to the authenticity of the Scriptures and the many testimonies even of non - Christians who wrote about Jesus Christ ( See Evidence that demands a Verdict) that the Bible is the most intact book of antiquity on earth today and the Illiad is second to it (Scholars around the globe agree on this fact having examined the evidence) is most intact & unchanged - how difficult do you believe it was for these researchers - authors of books - his own family members - testimony of his father - news stories - towns people - those who knew him - to bring the truth to light? This truth has been known for years but buried by some who do not wish for it to be known.

One thing you can always be certain of, RW. The truth will eventually come out. It always does. If you doubt the history given here check the sources used for this thread
-
Bible - King James Version - which exposed his false teachings

Fayette Lapham - Interview with the Father of Joseph Smith, the Mormon Prophet, Forty Years Ago, His Account of the Finding of the Sacred Plates, Historical Magazine (second series) (May 1870) 305 - 309

David W. Daniels - author

History of the Church, Volume 3 page 167

History of the Saints by John C Bennett (1842) page 218

The Book of Mormon - Mormon book

Doctrine & Covenants - Mormon book

Pearl of Great Price - Mormon book

Documentation from Nauvoo Expositor records

City of Nauvoo records

The Masonic Lodge

Quotes from Apostle, James E. Talmage, The Articles of Faith (1967) page 150 - a Mormon

Brigham Young, Journal of Discourses, Volume 7, page 333 - another Mormon

Apostle Orson Pratt, The Seer, page 23 - another Mormon

On the documentation of Shedding of blood doctrine - which was a Mormon Doctrine - we can only save them by cutting their throats - for the crime of murder, marriage to an African, adultery, homosexuality or leaving the Mormon church. See The Changing World of Mormonism by Jerold and Sandra Tanner (1980) pages 493 - 501

Pearl of Great price, Abraham 4-5

Journal of Discourses, Volume 6 page 4

Dr. Alberto Rivera, former Jesuit Priest - see also Alberto page 18 and "the Force" page 25 published by Chick Publications.

In Mormonism - the Prophet speaks for God in ALL THINGS. See "Fourteen Fundamentals in Following the Prophet by Ezra Taft Benson

"The Vision" - quoting Brigham Young - Journal of Discourses, Volume 7, page 289 and......

See N. B. Lundwall "The Vision"

also see the book The Enchanter - Chick Publications.

The evidence is all there and proves beyond all doubt that Joseph Smith was a false prophet.

Oh! And do an independent study on "The Danites" and Samson Avard and read the Book Secrets of the Jesuits exposed. I believe you'll find a link there as well.

Closing this post with this Bible scripture

It is written:

While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.
2 Peter 2:19

Last edited:

The multitudes witnessed the miracles of Jesus along with 12 more witnesses - his disciples. Many eyewitnesses saw Jesus Christ after he rose from the grave and testified of having seen him.

The disciples of Joseph Smith shown the empty box - 8 witnesses - admitted that they lied - that they didn't see anything in the box that Joseph Smith claimed contained the golden plates. That the boxes were indeed empty - just as all 8 witnesses said - they were empty - until he intimidated them and guilt tripped them into believing "by faith" they saw them. The testimonies of his own disciples - their wives having reported his attempts to seduce them - the testimonies of the angry husbands - the anger and accusations of his own followers who turned on him should be enough to call him into question!

Joseph Smith was a con man. The documents provided are numerous including quotes from his own books - the testimony of his own Father who exposed him as a liar - the news stories, the documented cases of his arrest - what he was arrested for - and on and on and on...... Joseph Smith is a recent figure in history compared to Jesus Christ.

As there is no question as to the authenticity of the Scriptures and the many testimonies even of non - Christians who wrote about Jesus Christ ( See Evidence that demands a Verdict) that the Bible is the most intact book of antiquity on earth today and the Illiad is second to it (Scholars around the globe agree on this fact having examined the evidence) is most intact & unchanged - how difficult do you believe it was for these researchers - authors of books - his own family members - testimony of his father - news stories - towns people - those who knew him - to bring the truth to light? This truth has been known for years but buried by some who do not wish for it to be known.

One thing you can always be certain of, RW. The truth will eventually come out. It always does. If you doubt the history given here check the sources used for this thread
-

Fayette Lapham - Interview with the Father of Joseph Smith, the Mormon Prophet, Forty Years Ago, His Account of the Finding of the Sacred Plates, Historical Magazine (second series) (May 1870) 305 - 309

City of Nauvoo records

The Masonic Lodge

Quotes from Apostle, James E. Talmage, The Articles of Faith (1967) page 150 - a Mormon

On the documentation of Shedding of blood doctrine - which was a Mormon Doctrine - we can only save them by cutting their throats - for the crime of murder, marriage to an African, adultery, homosexuality or leaving the Mormon church. See The Changing World of Mormonism by Jerold and Sandra Tanner (1980) pages 493 - 501

Dr. Alberto Rivera, former Jesuit Priest - see also Alberto page 18 and "the Force" page 25 published by Chick Publications.

In Mormonism - the Prophet speaks for God in ALL THINGS. See "Fourteen Fundamentals in Following the Prophet by Ezra Taft Benson

"The Vision" - quoting Brigham Young - Journal of Discourses, Volume 7, page 289 and......

The evidence is all there and proves beyond all doubt that Joseph Smith was a false prophet.

Oh! And do an independent study on "The Danites" and Samson Avard and read the Book Secrets of the Jesuits exposed. I believe you'll find a link there as well.

It is written:

While they promise them liberty, they themselves are the servants of corruption: for of whom a man is overcome, of the same is he brought in bondage.

You quote the Bible which was written by those loyal to Jesus

There is no independent verification of those miracles outside the Bible....same thing you accuse Joseph Smith of

-

City of Nauvoo records

The Masonic Lodge

It is written:

You quote the Bible which was written by those loyal to Jesus

There is no independent verification of those miracles outside the Bible....same thing you accuse Joseph Smith of

Wrong. There is plenty of independent verification of the miracles of Christ outside of the Bible. I just told you to look up Evidence that Demands a Verdict and you'll find plenty of outside sources! PLENTY.

Furthermore, there is a huge difference between Jesus Christ and Joseph Smith. HUGE.

it is written:

Pilate therefore went forth again, and saith unto them, Behold, I bring him forth to you, that ye may know that I find no fault in him.
John 19:4

Jesus Christ was innocent. He went to the cross of OUR sins. Not his own. He was sinless. Jesus Christ is God.

Now then. About Joseph Smith:

The accusers of Joseph Smith - who put him to death - could prove that he was guilty of destruction of private property - the printing presses of Nauvoo - as he was jumping to his death from the window of the jail - when they killed him before he landed! It's on record that he was arrested for that crime! His crimes are on record, RW!

His accusers had the testimonies of their own wives on that matter of his attempts to sexually molest them, and if that were not enough his own disciples and "witnesses" all eight of them admitted later on that they never saw the "golden plates" that the box was in fact empty. The testimony of the Danites proves him to be a cold blooded murderer.

This makes Joseph Smith a liar, a thief, a murderer, an adulterer, a false teacher, false prophet and son of Satan. A prophet of the LORD?
'
Ha! Think again! To even attempt to compare Jesus Christ to this scoundrel is in itself the height of insults! His delusions of grandeur surely caught up with him and anyone who thinks they are going to be answering to Joseph Smith after leaving this earth and not Jesus Christ? Is seriously deceived! Joseph Smith is where he belongs. In hell.

Forum List

Back